First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
I don't mean to offend....
2330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Defeating enemies...
Offline
Posted 6/1/16 , edited 6/1/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

My butt isn't hurt enough... Soon people will be calling themselves human-American out of respect for their animal counterparts.


Funny.....and sadly probably true.

I feel like if we keep heading in this direction.... someone's going to get in trouble for bestiality because they sleep with someone who identifies as an animal.

We'll eventually live in a world where you can't convict sociopaths, because that's discrimination. Pedophiles looking at naked children will be okay....because I mean, how exactly does that hurt the children?

And so on.


I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself there. Even if that did happen, it probably wouldn't happen in our lifetime. If nothing else, child pornography and such in that vein probably won't ever be tolerated.

Eh... there's a fine line between living your life and being a dick. It's the same thing with brutal honesty. While you shouldn't necessarily need to walk on eggshells for every word you say, you shouldn't go out of your way to be mean or offensive. In this case, I'm defining offensive as "purposefully saying rude or hurtful things in order to hurt others, not to defend your particular beliefs." Feel free to debate with me on this.
2330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Defeating enemies...
Offline
Posted 6/1/16 , edited 6/1/16

Ranwolf wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:



They told me to cut back on calling people bigots, even when I reasoned WHY I think they're bigots, especially concerning my interactions with Holy in a thread awhile back. I thought I'd take PrinceJudar's soft, moderate approach. I was always a hardliner, but I realize that it may not be the best way to have a "rational" discussion, especially with those one considers irrational and treats them as such.






PrinceJudar is many things but I hardly consider her as soft as you've become lately PV. Those unwilling to defend their viewpoints with life experiences should remain silent. After all PV what do you truly know? Your life is lived in relative comfort, you've never been forced to face the realities of life.


I'd just like to ask what you actually know about PV's life? You're making a lot of assumptions, some of which may or may not be true. And from what I can see, you're taking a rather fascist approach to things here. Why is that?
24275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 6/1/16 , edited 6/1/16
I second that. Trash someone's opinion if you want, just not their character.

Edit: unless there is overwhelming evidence they are a scheming, dishonest, prejudice fiend.
17651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/1/16 , edited 6/1/16

lambofgenesis wrote:


ck1west wrote:

> ONE LOVE


Yeah seriously. We're pretty sure that if Jesus was around he wouldn't be against homosexuality. Like wtf? He was the one who hung out with prostitutes (didn't even call it a sin), and he mingled with the unpopular jewish groups (forgot their name, started with an S or H). At the time it was kinda like racism among the Jews, but he didn't care about that.

Jesus was never against anyone tbh. Only truly evil people who worshipped the devil.

But that's what happens 2,000 years after you die and all these dictators and popes and political parties with agendas decide to use "Jesus" as the pillar for their shit.


Would I offend anyone if I were to say that Jesus was a philosopher? We cannot say for sure if he really was the son of God, but saying that he's a philosopher doesn't negate the fact that he could be God's son.
runec 
28314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/1/16

GrandMasterTime wrote:
(っ◔◡◔)っ Relax mate, lifestyle doesn't imply choice.


Actually, it does. Referring to LGBT as a "lifestyle" is done specifically to denigrate it as choice and thus the LGBT community has only itself to blame for the repercussions of that "choice".

2406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 6/1/16
There's not caring if you offend someone, and then there's going out of your way to be an asshole.

And I wish more people would know the damn difference.
17651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/1/16 , edited 6/2/16

runec wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:
(っ◔◡◔)っ Relax mate, lifestyle doesn't imply choice.


Actually, it does. Referring to LGBT as a "lifestyle" is done specifically to denigrate it as choice and thus the LGBT community has only itself to blame for the repercussions of that "choice".



But we want to be persecuted! We want all the attention! Heh, guess that means we're filthy attention whores.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

But, if I do, check your pulse. If your heart is still beating, you'll live.


Seriously, though. I feel like people are too quick to get offended simply because someone doesn't agree with their lifestyle.


Agreed.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/16

Yume_Mirai wrote:

I agree. At the same time, they can live however they please, and that should be respected. There must be a balance to it. You can't shove it down others' throats, and you can't tell them they can't life how they choose. Or that's how it should be.


Seriously agreed. Respect is a two way street. You should respect the choices of others but they should also respect yours. If you know that a particular person does not agree with your lifestyle and make a point to flaunt it, shove it in their face, are shoving it down their throat and are constantly putting yourself in their bulls eye then that's not very respectful. Plus it's a bit hypocritical to do that and then turn around and say that they're being offended for no reason. At that point they're probably more offended by you than any lifestyle choices you've made.

We're all human and despite all of our little differences we are all basically the same. Everyone wants to be safe, to have a roof over their heads, food in their bellies and someone to love. We all like our stupid shiny things and we all have hopes and dreams. We all have more in common than we will ever have separating us........you just need to have a little respect and a lot of empathy.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/16

Nalaniel wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


ck1west wrote:

> ONE LOVE


Yeah seriously. We're pretty sure that if Jesus was around he wouldn't be against homosexuality. Like wtf? He was the one who hung out with prostitutes (didn't even call it a sin), and he mingled with the unpopular jewish groups (forgot their name, started with an S or H). At the time it was kinda like racism among the Jews, but he didn't care about that.

Jesus was never against anyone tbh. Only truly evil people who worshipped the devil.

But that's what happens 2,000 years after you die and all these dictators and popes and political parties with agendas decide to use "Jesus" as the pillar for their shit.


Would I offend anyone if I were to say that Jesus was a philosopher? We cannot say for sure if he really was the son of God, but saying that he's a philosopher doesn't negate the fact that he could be God's son.


The ONLY people I feel you would offend are those who are not secure in their faith. God doesn't need defending from people who believe in him/her. Anyone who is secure in their faith should never be offended regardless of what you say about God. If they truly know and believe in their heart then there's no reason for them to have to defend those belief's or their God. Only little people, scared people, people who have no faith lash out at others, defend their God, attack others and use their faith as a excuse to be horrible people. That's just my 2 cents on it anyway.
1378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/1/16

TheOriginalStraynge wrote:


Yume_Mirai wrote:

I agree. At the same time, they can live however they please, and that should be respected. There must be a balance to it. You can't shove it down others' throats, and you can't tell them they can't life how they choose. Or that's how it should be.


Seriously agreed. Respect is a two way street. You should respect the choices of others but they should also respect yours. If you know that a particular person does not agree with your lifestyle and make a point to flaunt it, shove it in their face, are shoving it down their throat and are constantly putting yourself in their bulls eye then that's not very respectful. Plus it's a bit hypocritical to do that and then turn around and say that they're being offended for no reason. At that point they're probably more offended by you than any lifestyle choices you've made.

We're all human and despite all of our little differences we are all basically the same. Everyone wants to be safe, to have a roof over their heads, food in their bellies and someone to love. We all like our stupid shiny things and we all have hopes and dreams. We all have more in common than we will ever have separating us........you just need to have a little respect and a lot of empathy.


This! A hundred times this! There is a difference between offending someone, and being an asshole. However, some people (and groups) need to realize that out in the real world, you will get offended. Sometimes unintentionally, and sometimes intentionally. Society shouldn't have to walk on eggshells just to make sure your feelings don't get hurt. As for being an asshole, if you don't agree with someone's opinions/beliefs then by all means don't. You have the right to disagree with them, but you'd best respect their right to have said opinion/belief, just as the holder of them should respect your right to disagree. That's just my two cents, I'll be dropping it at that.
3057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The 2D World
Offline
Posted 6/1/16
This is a random thread. People who get offended easily are quite frankly stupid. Humanity isn't a species that has a hive mind and thinks alike. Humans are all individuals. Some might be more alike than other but they're different nonetheless. Oh well. I guess butthurt people are also ways humans can be individuals. Even if it's annoying. I guess I can be considered annoying too though so whatever. Wait... why am I thinking? I should be playing some games and watching some anime. Eh I guess it's ok to think once in a while but dang why now of all times. stupid brain.
Posted 6/1/16

Nalaniel wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


ck1west wrote:

> ONE LOVE


Yeah seriously. We're pretty sure that if Jesus was around he wouldn't be against homosexuality. Like wtf? He was the one who hung out with prostitutes (didn't even call it a sin), and he mingled with the unpopular jewish groups (forgot their name, started with an S or H). At the time it was kinda like racism among the Jews, but he didn't care about that.

Jesus was never against anyone tbh. Only truly evil people who worshipped the devil.

But that's what happens 2,000 years after you die and all these dictators and popes and political parties with agendas decide to use "Jesus" as the pillar for their shit.


Would I offend anyone if I were to say that Jesus was a philosopher? We cannot say for sure if he really was the son of God, but saying that he's a philosopher doesn't negate the fact that he could be God's son. [/quote

>> You could always due the research yourself try reading the bible

17651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/1/16

ck1west wrote:


>> You could always due the research yourself try reading the bible


I'm not sure how that's related to my question.
Posted 6/1/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

But, if I do, check your pulse. If your heart is still beating, you'll live.


Seriously, though. I feel like people are too quick to get offended simply because someone doesn't agree with their lifestyle.



Sounds accurate to me, the forums seem to be full of very salty people... We could just accept that we are here for the bait and hop on the butthurt train and enjoy the ride. This is the internet. This is where people come to be rude to other people for fun, usually with relatively minor consequences. Everyone knows that, so it's really no use getting peeved about opinions we don't like.

Also here's a definition of lifestyle: "the way in which a person or group lives" (Google). Seems pretty broad to me, not sure what there is to get offended about by jumping to conclusions as to what he means through choosing to use a relatively vague term.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.