First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply So this is one of those "Looking to make friends" posts . . .
8460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/2/16 , edited 6/2/16
Uh . . hi.

I've been a member for a while now, but I haven't posted very often---mostly to comment on videos. I did post in the "Introductions" thread when I joined, but I haven't made any progress in meeting folks here. (It's my fault; talking to people I don't know generally terrifies me.)

I've gotten a few friend requests, but I've declined these so far because I prefer to get to know others before adding them to any sort of "buddy list." I feel a bit guilty about that---I don't want to be mean or anything---but that's just how I am.

Anyway, nowadays I don't actually have many friends with whom I am in constant contact. Adding dozens of strangers to a list won't make me any less lonely, of course, so I'd like to try to make some real friends here. I'd enjoy having somebody to talk to about the latest anime, or books, or whatever.

I value integrity and I don't treat others' feelings as a toy. Naturally, being on the Internet comes with risks, but I want people to know that they can expect to be treated as I would want to be treated.

So . . .yeah, that about covers it.
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
Hellos, nice to meet ya.
41957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / midgar
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
Awesome avi from batman animated series Harley remembering Mister J lol
1123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Wales - That coun...
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
You do things opposite as the people I've seen so it may be hard making friends on here initially. Excluding that, I'd like to give you a warm welcome to socializing aspect of Crunchyroll, there's certainly a lot of characters on here . (PV is one of the most memorable)
8460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
Wow. That was fast.

Thanks for the welcome and the compliment. I'm still nervous about posting in a large community like Crunchyroll (I'm used to smaller forums), but I hope I can get to know some folks better.
Posted 6/2/16

Charlotte_Cavatica wrote:

Wow. That was fast.

Thanks for the welcome and the compliment. I'm still nervous about posting in a large community like Crunchyroll (I'm used to smaller forums), but I hope I can get to know some folks better.


So what books do you like? I love this one. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6736971-the-desert-spear
8460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
Honestly, I'll read anything as long as the writing's good, though I'm especially fond of poetry, mysteries, and fantasy. Let's see . . . what to recommend? I've been obsessed with Donna Tartt's work since I read The Goldfinch, her third book, a few months ago. I've now read the first one and am on a library waiting list for the second.

Oh, and I love Murakami. Haven't read all of his work yet, but I adore Kafka on the Shore.
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New Jersey
Online
Posted 6/2/16
I decided to start using the forums and networking aspects of crunchyroll a few days ago and i've already meet some really amazing people. Hopefully you'll be able to break out of your shell and just let people try to be your friends.
8460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/3/16

Steveroxyou wrote:

I decided to start using the forums and networking aspects of crunchyroll a few days ago and i've already meet some really amazing people. Hopefully you'll be able to break out of your shell and just let people try to be your friends.

Thanks. I'm going to try.
Posted 6/3/16
Hi
8460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/3/16


Hello! Thanks for taking the time to say hi.
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/5/16 , edited 6/5/16
Welcome to CR, I have to say I haven't been here since about 2008 so coming back, it's funny to see how people are responding in similar fashions as they did back then.

What made you join the website in the first place?
6885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / life
Offline
Posted 6/5/16
welcome and he yI'm joshua nice to meet you. i get your thoughts on adding people tho I have been there when I first joined
8460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/14/16

HighRoller- wrote:

Welcome to CR, I have to say I haven't been here since about 2008 so coming back, it's funny to see how people are responding in similar fashions as they did back then.

What made you join the website in the first place?

Gosh, I'm late replying to this! Sorry! For whatever reason the notification didn't pop up until just now.

I joined because I've loved anime since I was little, and because I was grateful to Crunchyroll for introducing me to some titles I might not have otherwise found so quickly, particularly in the manga section. I haven't been able to go to any conventions since the one (and only one, thus far) I attended in '08, so I figured I'd be able to find people with common interests here.

Welcome back, by the way!
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/14/16

Charlotte_Cavatica wrote:


HighRoller- wrote:

Welcome to CR, I have to say I haven't been here since about 2008 so coming back, it's funny to see how people are responding in similar fashions as they did back then.

What made you join the website in the first place?

Gosh, I'm late replying to this! Sorry! For whatever reason the notification didn't pop up until just now.

I joined because I've loved anime since I was little, and because I was grateful to Crunchyroll for introducing me to some titles I might not have otherwise found so quickly, particularly in the manga section. I haven't been able to go to any conventions since the one (and only one, thus far) I attended in '08, so I figured I'd be able to find people with common interests here.

Welcome back, by the way!


Thanks, it's actually kinda neat to be back even though I came back with no friends lol.

That's pretty cool though, last convention since 08? Dang, I had a chance to go a few times but I passed it up because the crew was kinda off unfortunately...And even this year there was another one early on but it turns out the date was pushed up a month early so I missed it x.x

So what was your first Anime? Inuyasha? Sailor Moon? o:
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.