Created by qualeshia3
Post Reply Is an One Shot story similar to a short story?
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.


So, what is a one shot story exactly? Is it like a short story or something totally different? Please tell me because I plan on writing some before I touch my novel.


Give me an example of a one shot.

Enjoy!!!
16406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
A one-shot is a bit like a short story I guess but a short story can have a sequel while a one-shot doesn't have one.
I could definitely be wrong about that.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/16

ZavinRoyalheart wrote:

A one-shot is a bit like a short story I guess but a short story can have a sequel while a one-shot doesn't have one.
I could definitely be wrong about that.


Thanks.
Posted 6/8/16
In a way I suppose. Never really thought about it.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

Esperhero wrote:

In a way I suppose. Never really thought about it.


It's okay.
9769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/16
Yes and no. One-shots, although usually short stories, are known to transition into long(er) stories, and are initially intended to not allow for continuation. Short stories are just that; short and sometimes with sequels and prequels.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Yes and no. One-shots, although usually short stories, are known to transition into long(er) stories, and are initially intended to not allow for continuation. Short stories are just that; short and sometimes with sequels and prequels.


Wow, I must be stupid or something because I still don't get it.
9769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

qualeshia3 wrote:



Wow, I must be stupid or something because I still don't get it.


One-shots are intended to be short stories that are restricted by continuations being disallowed. All one-shots are short stories, but not all short stories are one-shots.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16

aeb0717 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



Wow, I must be stupid or something because I still don't get it.


One-shots are intended to be short stories that are restricted by continuations being disallowed. All one-shots are short stories, but not all short stories are one-shots.


So in a way a One-shot is a short stories that don't continue?
You must be logged in to post.