First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
17 Mind-Blowing Facts About Penises That Will Make You Re-Think Everything
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/8/16


I’d like to start off by saying, hi mom, hi dad, if you’d kindly close your browser I can proceed with this piece.
Welp, now that that’s done, here goes nothin’…

We all have our theories about penises. For instance, I am of the opinion that all of my male Internet haters have teeny tiny ones. Again, just theories. But here are the facts.
1. Napoleon’s Penis

This one’s a real doozy. When Napoleon Bonaparte died, apparently his doctor cut off his penis for the autopsy. In 1977, the penis was eventually sold for a whopping $2,900 (this feels cheap?) to a urologist in New Jersey and was apparently 1.5 inches at the time it was sold. But during the interim period, people had much to say about it. Because it was ill-preserved, the penis was allegedly compared to a piece of leather, a shriveled eel, and to beef jerky. And when it was put for up public display in Manhattan in 1927, TIME remarked that it looked like a “maltreated strip of buckskin shoelace.”

2. Candiru

Men everywhere, meet your worst enemy. Candiru is a type of catfish found in South America, specifically in the Amazon river. It’s typically less than an inch long, scaleless, translucent, and looks similar to an eel. And they have this mean little habit of swimming up the urethra of men’s penises. The first documented incident of this was in 1977. What happens is, once the little guy has swam fully up the urethra, it settles in there by anchoring their short spines into the surrounding tissue. They then gain access to the man’s blood supply, which can cause inflammation, hemorrhage, and even death. The only way to remove this is surgically.

3. Diphallus

A rare condition that affects one in 5-6 million males, diphallus is when a man is born with two penises. Unfortunately it’s rare that both are fully functional, and it often comes in tandem with other deformities that also require surgery.


4. Penises used to have spines

Though they were lost before Neanderthals and modern humans diverged. Scientists are still not quite certain of their purpose, but they speculate that it correlated with sluttiness as these spines apparently quickened the pace of an erection and is more common in promiscuous species. If you’re wondering what constitutes a promiscuous species, apparently that would be a cat.

5. The foreskin has an abundance of Langerhans cells

Which are immune cells that are infiltrated by HIV. This may explain why circumcised men in Africa have a 60% lower rate of HIV infection from heterosexual intercourse.

6. Fetuses can have erections

Incase you missed that, that’d be a fetus with an erection, or, an erection inside your pregnant belly.

7. Kim Jong-il’s penis was 3 feet, 4 inches

…according to the Korean version of the Guinness Book of Records.

8. Jonah Falcon, ladies and gentlemen

The man with the world’s largest penis. He is 42-years-old, with a 9-inch penis (13.5 inches when hard).

9. King Fatefehi of Tonga, AKA Pimp Daddy

Between the years of 1770 and 1784, he apparently deflowered 37,800 women.

10. No brain necessary for ejaculation (or, the Pope is Catholic)


The order to ejaculate comes from the spinal cord, not the brain.

11. Animals with the biggest and smallest penises

The Blue Whale is the animal with the biggest recorded penis to date, at 8 feet long. The adult male elephant has the biggest recorded penis for land animals, at 6 feet (and S-shaped when erect). And coming in with the smallest penis is the shrew, at .2 inches.

12. Koro

Koro is this really weird culture-specific syndrome, where a man (or a woman) is overcome with a debilitating fear that his penis (or her nipples) is shrinking and will eventually disappear. Interestingly, this fear is borne out of no real proof or evidence. It is also known as “penis panic” and has been said to provoke mass hysteria.

13. “Angel Lust”

I’m sorry in advance for this one. This is when a man gets an erection after being hanged, also known as a “death erection.” I said I was sorry.

14. King of ancient tribes ate penises

In ancient tribes, the king would often eat the penis of his predecessor to apparently absorb his holy power. This practice was allegedly banned by the ancient Hebrews (what up Eliezer?).

15. “Shaved” guardians in Muslim empires

In great Muslim empires, there would be a guardian assigned to each harem’s bed. The guardians had to be “shaved,” which meant having his testicles and penis removed.

16. Kellogg’s original purpose

Kellogg’s Corn Flakes and Graham Crackers were originally invented to suppress masturbation. Inventors Sylvester Graham and john Kellogg believed the problem of masturbating could be fixed by keeping body heat out of the penis, which they attributed to food intake.

17. Semen cures depression

Apparently semen contains chemicals that elevate mood, increase affection, induce sleep, and contain at least three antidepressants. It also contains cortisol, which is known to increase affection; as well as estrone, which elevates mood; oxytocin, which also elevates mood; thyrotropin-releasing hormone, which is another antidepressant; melatonin, which is a sleep aid; and serotonin, which is a well-known antidepressant neurotransmitter.
http://thoughtcatalog.com/rachel-hodin/2013/10/17-mindblowing-facts-about-penises-that-will-make-you-rethink-everything/

PS this is not a PV thread.


12309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Italy for a year
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
my god you did it again xD
Posted 6/7/16

LubbockNR wrote:

my god you did it again xD


Hold on you say that like I do this a lot. What have I done in the past?
12309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Italy for a year
Offline
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/7/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


LubbockNR wrote:

my god you did it again xD


Hold on you say that like I do this a lot. What have I done in the past?


not a +18 website Karen

it was painful to read some of those facts lol
19480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Interesting facts
13127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/8/16
"Oh, so you're depressed? Let me help you out with that..."
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/8/16

LubbockNR wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


LubbockNR wrote:

my god you did it again xD


Hold on you say that like I do this a lot. What have I done in the past?


not a +18 website Karen

it was painful to read some of those facts lol


You make me wish it was, so you will stop with this crap. This not what I was talking that other time about but here a clue. Google female urethra and add P. You can figure out the rest by yourself. Note what you most likely find is the vanilla stuff.
48490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ar away
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Another fun fact. Some monkeys have an actual bone inside their penis, unlike humans, their boners are caused by an elevation of blood pressure.
Posted 6/7/16

sundin13 wrote:

"Oh, so you're depressed? Let me help you out with that..."


This need a meme.
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
That really didn't make me rethink anything at all
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/7/16

sundin13 wrote:
"Oh, so you're depressed? Let me help you out with that..."
GG
I see my background is all white now...
I knew there was a reason for swallowing.

51148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
A thread about penises? I guess minds aren't the only things getting blown around here.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Funfact: An Elephant penis is actually larger than its Trunk.
51148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16

7. Kim Jong-il’s penis was 3 feet, 4 inches

…according to the Korean version of the Guinness Book of Records.


I wonder what Kim Jong Un is going to make them write about his penis. "Our Supreme Leader's penis has divine powers! It can cure a woman's cancer just by ejaculating in her!"


16. Kellogg’s original purpose

Kellogg’s Corn Flakes and Graham Crackers were originally invented to suppress masturbation. Inventors Sylvester Graham and john Kellogg believed the problem of masturbating could be fixed by keeping body heat out of the penis, which they attributed to food intake.


Is it weird that I already knew this?
33924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Crunchyroll forum is becoming 9gag. lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.