First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply How To Tell Transgender Women and Cisgender Women Apart?
8760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Right here
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

Nalaniel wrote:

Can't wait to read all the transphobic comments.


Its going to be cringy.
One Punch Mod
85818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16

JustineKo2 wrote:
I'm sorry PV I like your perverted posts but this one crosses the line. Reported.



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Did you even read the post? I was making a mockery of one user's claim that you could tell them apart, despite advances in sex reassignment. If I gave you the wrong message I'm sorry. Also, I stand by the claim I made in the pms about screwing cross dressers.


There were several things about this thread that made it problematic. One was the original title, which unintentionally implied that transgender women aren't women. Another was mentioning another user by name and referring to them in an insulting way. A third was a bit of lewdness in one response from you that might easily divert the thread from a respectful and educational discussion of the topic.

I've made some edits to remove those particular problem points.

I hope that helps keep discussion here a bit more useful.
8494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16

lorreen wrote:


JustineKo2 wrote:
I'm sorry PV I like your perverted posts but this one crosses the line. Reported.



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Did you even read the post? I was making a mockery of one user's claim that you could tell them apart, despite advances in sex reassignment. If I gave you the wrong message I'm sorry. Also, I stand by the claim I made in the pms about screwing cross dressers.


There were several things about this thread that made it problematic. One was the original title, which unintentionally implied that transgender women aren't women. Another was mentioning another user by name and referring to them in an insulting way. A third was a bit of lewdness in one response from you that might easily divert the thread from a respectful and educational discussion of the topic.

I've made some edits to remove those particular problem points.

I hope that helps keep discussion here a bit more useful.


Ah, i see, thanks Lorreen, I'll probably remove the near death threat I made as well. Excuse me.
4575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16
Just wow, okay. Adam's apples are not a reliable indicator as many amab people have very small ones that you wouldn't actually notice even up close. Plus trans women usually get that shit renoved, so you're really not going to get far with that as an indicator.

"Man hands" are not exclusive to amab people, and in fact plenty of them have smaller and more feminine hands. You may be able to use that as an indicator to guess correctly every now and then but it's not gonna work all that consistently especially if there is a surgery for that (dunno if there is tho)
5612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16
Yeah, penis tends to be a good indicator I think.

I wouldn't put a huge amount of weight into hands tho, I have this work collegue who I am pretty certain is female, but has hands that evoke pictures of crushing bricks with fingers.
I can't say I personally notice adam's apple too much in anyone,as very few people of any sex have super-prominent one, but overall the neck and shoulders area could be an indicator, I suppose, it's fairly rare for men to be rather slender and "delicate" in that area.

At the end of the day tho, I think the whole point of being transgender anything is people not really being able to tell you are transgender. Unless you are one of the crazy tumblerites "I am 15 years old girl!" *says the 30 years old fat man with full beard* or those trans-anything people who just made up a random thing. Trans carrot I've actually seen. But I guess we aren't talking about "that" crowd now.
2654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I felt this was an appropriate thread for discussion as I greatly dislike the drag queen stereotype, and felt that advances have gone so far that it is near impossible to "tell" which I felt help create a stereotype of and against femininity that hurts people born women and transgender women.



I love drag queens, but trans women and drag queens are not the same thing. You're right that too few people are able to understand the distinction between the two, and thus stereotype.
I'd just like to say that I completely agree that stereotypes about femininity hurt both trans and cisgendered women.
What an excellent Onii Chan you are. 10 points.



gornotck wrote:
Men and women don't smell the same, and people within those groups tend not to smell exactly, though similarly, like others within the group. In some cases, you can even smell the condition of the person's body, such as men being able to smell a woman ovulating.


I think you might be unintentionally expanding upon the fact that some men in experiments found themselves more attracted to the scent of an ovulating woman, and inferring that therefore men are able to differentiate consciously. If you're referring to the t-shirt experiment, it was deeply flawed on a number of levels and isn't really applicable to the everyday not least as the vast majority of men and women use perfumed products anyway... but also because we're not going around sniffing one another. I think the point of the study was just to highlight that under favourable conditions, the human nose is capable of more than we realise...
I'm also not aware of any other instances of this type of phenomenon being studied (though I'd be interested to hear about them if there are!)


16739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/10/16
Ah cisgender...a word designed to make mentally disturbed people avoid having to recognize your gender and sex is defined at birth.


JustineKo2 wrote:

The point is not to have to. If someone is so insecure in their own sexuality to have the need to know who has a penis and who doesn't then that's their problem, not mine.

I'm sorry PV I like your perverted posts but this one crosses the line. Reported.


Knowing who is a man and who is a woman is very VERY important. Don't know how you do those mental gymnastics to convince yourself otherwise.
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/10/16
If a women is funny they're probably a man.
48490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ar away
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/10/16

Rujikin wrote:

Ah cisgender...a word designed to make mentally disturbed people avoid having to recognize your gender and sex is defined at birth.


JustineKo2 wrote:

The point is not to have to. If someone is so insecure in their own sexuality to have the need to know who has a penis and who doesn't then that's their problem, not mine.

I'm sorry PV I like your perverted posts but this one crosses the line. Reported.


Knowing who is a man and who is a woman is very VERY important. Don't know how you do those mental gymnastics to convince yourself otherwise.
I have nothing to discuss with you in this thread. Didn't you get the memo? The existence of this thread still bothers me. I'll let someone else deal with your ignorance.

8760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Right here
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

If a women is funny they're probably a man.


10578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16

DazaiShinju wrote:

[...]


gornotck wrote:
Men and women don't smell the same, and people within those groups tend not to smell exactly, though similarly, like others within the group. In some cases, you can even smell the condition of the person's body, such as men being able to smell a woman ovulating.


I think you might be unintentionally expanding upon the fact that some men in experiments found themselves more attracted to the scent of an ovulating woman, and inferring that therefore men are able to differentiate consciously. If you're referring to the t-shirt experiment, it was deeply flawed on a number of levels and isn't really applicable to the everyday not least as the vast majority of men and women use perfumed products anyway... but also because we're not going around sniffing one another. I think the point of the study was just to highlight that under favourable conditions, the human nose is capable of more than we realise...
I'm also not aware of any other instances of this type of phenomenon being studied (though I'd be interested to hear about them if there are!)




I actually wasn't directly, though I had heard of the t-shirt studies (and seen one show on Discovery, I think, about the subject), and am pretty sure I read about the ovulation thing somewhere... Instead, I directly mentioned the ovulation thing due to remembering an anecdote I read which directly referenced being able to smell her fertility on her breath, but mostly I find that men and women do not really seem to smell the same TO ME, regardless of how much perfume they pollute my air with, among many, many other actions that differentiate between men and women, especially at closer ranges.

Actually, since you reminded me of that study, I went and tried to confirm. Instead of finding that it was rendered 'doubtful', I found sites talking about study after study confirming the basic premise, even as recently as 2014-2015.Not just MHC, but pheromones in general.
11767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/10/16

DazaiShinju wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I felt this was an appropriate thread for discussion as I greatly dislike the drag queen stereotype, and felt that advances have gone so far that it is near impossible to "tell" which I felt help create a stereotype of and against femininity that hurts people born women and transgender women.



I love drag queens, but trans women and drag queens are not the same thing. You're right that too few people are able to understand the distinction between the two, and thus stereotype.
I'd just like to say that I completely agree that stereotypes about femininity hurt both trans and cisgendered women.
What an excellent Onii Chan you are. 10 points.



This.
It's really annoying how people always confuse drag queens and transgender or gay. There are also female drag queens (faux queens) and drag kings out there for example. The majority of drag queens is perfectly fine with having a penis. Drag is a form of art & entertainment. You can perform as a drag queen and be a straight guy who is happy with his biological sex.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/9/16
Couldn't even begin to care.


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

If a women is funny they're probably a man.


Probably the best reply yet.
8651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 6/9/16 , edited 6/10/16
Depending on the individual that you can't tell. There are strong female and male attributes (like a jawline) but even those are visible on people of the opposite gender but i feel like only trashbag people would look at someone and say "Hmm that girl has a strong chin, i bet she's a man. Let me go ask her" I'd suppose middle school kids would ask that though.
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

Nalaniel wrote:

Can't wait to read all the transphobic comments.


Full expecting loads of people complaining comments are transphobic
17362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

jtjumper wrote:

Full expecting loads of people complaining comments are transphobic


We'll see.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.