First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Overwatch
24144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / CA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/16/16

Ocale wrote:


flameretarded wrote:

i agree with everything you said except your "Don't waste your ult" advice. that is a very situational thing. while i've seen someone definitely waste their ult on someone which could've been used to help with a team fight elsewhere, there are definitely situations in which you should use your ult in order to kill one person.


There is definitely times to use it to kill one person, but in general, I will more often see a pharah use her ult on a zenyatta coming through a narrow hallway, because she's afraid of dying because she has 15 health left. This exact thing happened the yesterday so I was thinking of it when I was making my post. It was only halfway through the match, she was the only one left alive/near the payload because zarya used her out and we all got Hanzo'd. There was no point in her wasting it like that.


people like this need to not play the game. lol. yea, i've definitely been there and have seen people do some stupid stuff. your D.Va thing makes sense because you are CC-ing and getting your mech back so that you can tank for your team again (assuming you don't die while outside your mech). i hate when i see a tracer on my team stick a roadhog at half health with a mercy next to him. that will not kill a roadhog, lol. if he drinks his juice box and has constant heals from mercy, you've effectively wasted your ult. i get so mad when i see stuff like that.

97117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Eden of the East
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
Streaming Overwatch plus a Giveaway in 30 minutes! Come on by for a chance to win a copy on a platform of your choosing!

https://www.twitch.tv/yandighandi
Posted 6/16/16

flameretarded wrote:

people like this need to not play the game. lol. yea, i've definitely been there and have seen people do some stupid stuff. your D.Va thing makes sense because you are CC-ing and getting your mech back so that you can tank for your team again (assuming you don't die while outside your mech). i hate when i see a tracer on my team stick a roadhog at half health with a mercy next to him. that will not kill a roadhog, lol. if he drinks his juice box and has constant heals from mercy, you've effectively wasted your ult. i get so mad when i see stuff like that.



What makes no sense is that there seems to be no correlation between skill level and matchmaking level. I'll see level 97s make these same mistakes as quickly as level 7s. You would think that, regardless of how bad one is at video games, that that much experience would eventually teach them what they should and shouldn't do.
59817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 6/16/16

Ocale wrote:


flameretarded wrote:

people like this need to not play the game. lol. yea, i've definitely been there and have seen people do some stupid stuff. your D.Va thing makes sense because you are CC-ing and getting your mech back so that you can tank for your team again (assuming you don't die while outside your mech). i hate when i see a tracer on my team stick a roadhog at half health with a mercy next to him. that will not kill a roadhog, lol. if he drinks his juice box and has constant heals from mercy, you've effectively wasted your ult. i get so mad when i see stuff like that.



What makes no sense is that there seems to be no correlation between skill level and matchmaking level. I'll see level 97s make these same mistakes as quickly as level 7s. You would think that, regardless of how bad one is at video games, that that much experience would eventually teach them what they should and shouldn't do.


People who are bad can have as much free time as people who are good.

That being said, I don't always play as aggressively as I should, and only play a couple games a night, and that depends on how much fun I'm having/how well I'm doing.
27340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
Ah, yes, the horrors of pubs.

1. PROTECT YOUR SUPPORTS! This is about three times even more important when you've only got one, and it's already #1 on this list. Don't blame them for not doing their job when you run 200 feet out through the front lines with Reinhardt and your support in back gets flanked or sniped when you don't have your shield up. See a flanker at half health going after Mercy or Zenyatta? Don't just assume the support will take care of it. Most supports don't do that much damage and their projectiles are wonky. Help them out.

2. Stick close to the objective. This should not be an issue. When you're defending a point, you should at least be where you can see it so you are in a position to attack an enemy trying to sneak onto it. If you're pushing a payload, you should have some people close enough to it to keep it moving. If four of your guys are a block away from the objective or payload, you should stay between them and the objective/payload so you can have a presence there.

3. First come, first serve. The team doesn't need 2 Widowmakers and a Hanzo. If there's a sniper already, pick something else. If there are two open slots and no support or tank, pick one of those. Also, choose heroes appropriate for the situation when in the game. Does the enemy suddenly have three turrets? Don't assume Reaper, Tracer, and McCree can handle it. Go Pharah or Junkrat.

4. A suicide dive for overtime is usually expected, but don't blame the surviving person for not doing it if everyone else is respawning, there are four enemies there, and that person has 20 health with no mobility skill. You lose some, you win some. And it's not the survivor's fault your team lost the game. The other team played better and/or you guys made too many mistakes.

5. Shut up about how awful your team is on match chat. Nobody cares. And if you win, you shouldn't even be complaining. Being a douche is a good way to lower your chances of winning the next match/game since your team won't want to help you.

6. Play your role and fight as a team. If you're Reinhardt, keep your shield up. Heal if you're Mercy. Etc. Don't just attack one by one. Been in too many games where people are scattered all over the place and the opposing choke points just keep destroying them, and they keep doing it.
4078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
If anyone wants to play a few rounds of Odubs (overwatch) add me Ian#13777
Posted 6/19/16
*angry noises*
699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tower of Barbs
Offline
Posted 6/20/16
I am on PC. I usually main Defense characters swapping mostly between Zarya and Roadhog. I haven't played much of Winston though...
1175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/20/16

Shiimmer wrote:

*angry noises*


Is that your overwatch battle cry?
382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/16
My two main baes are D.va and Mercy.
46355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So-Cal
Offline
Posted 6/20/16
Don't know really about mains, i play for whats needed, but i guess i play more Widowmaker, Pharah, mercy, tracer and D.Va. If anyone has OW on the Xbone add me and lets take names lol gamer tag: Sr King D
5839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/21/16 , edited 6/21/16
I disagree with those that say "if you main, you don't understand the game" because you should main at least 1 hero of every category. Obviously, knowing how to play as the rest helps out, too, but maining a certain hero could prove more useful. I really only use Mercy and Reinhardt since no one else wants to play as support or tank, but I know how to do my job as each. On attack, I prefer D.Va as my tank, although it would depend on what the team calls for. For offense, I only really know how to use Pharah, but I'm trying to learn the rest. I haven't tried any defense heroes yet. Oh, I use Symmetra, too. She's fun and that teleporter comes in handy in tight spots often, too!

I'm on PS4. My ID is the same as my username here.
30366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/21/16

Ocale wrote:

This is a PSA brought to you by Ocale:

Play the damn point.

Don't trickle in.

GET IN THERE TO GET THE OVERTIME, EVEN IF YOU DIE.

Don't play WM if you can't snipe.

Don't waste your ult on that single guy because you might die.

Should you not follow any of these rules, you will be killed in real life.


"Don't play WM if you can't snipe"

Well...you don't learn by not practicing against real people
Posted 6/21/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

"Don't play WM if you can't snipe"

Well...you don't learn by not practicing against real people


I guess since the only mode is quickplay, I shouldn't get upset at people who are practicing. I strongly hope competitive filters out the people that are horrible at WM and refuse to change heroes for the sake of the game.
27340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/16 , edited 6/21/16
I'm starting to really hate those people who don't stay and fight when I'm healing them as Mercy. If you're McCree and there's an S76 attacking you and I'm healing you with no other people around, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY?! STAY AND FIGHT BEFORE HE KILLS ME.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.