First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Does a sentient robot deserve rights?
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

maxgale wrote:

They may be sentient, but they'd be soulless, so no.


everything is soulless XD
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


maxgale wrote:

They may be sentient, but they'd be soulless, so no.


everything is soulless XD








Not food.
19492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
Yes, topic reminding me of this movie:


33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16
It is a tool and will always be a tool, it's inorganic, it can't reproduce like we do, have feelings, or a consciousness.

Ethical is only for people and animals.

Like someone said, it's soulless it's just a thing
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

pandrasb wrote:

It is a tool and will always be a tool, it's inorganic, it can't reproduce like we do, have feelings, or a consciousness.

Ethical is only for people and animals.

Like someone said, it's soulless it's just a thing


" it's inorganic, it can't reproduce like we do, have feelings, or a consciousness."

Just because something is inorganic doesn't mean it can't have feelings or a consciousness or what resembles one.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

" it's inorganic, it can't reproduce like we do, have feelings, or a consciousness."

Just because something is inorganic doesn't mean it can't have feelings or a consciousness or what resembles one.


yes it does, resembling one is not true life. It can't grow or reproduce, it's just a thing.

Even if you created AI it would only be an imitation, not true life.
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
ضائع
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

pandrasb wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

" it's inorganic, it can't reproduce like we do, have feelings, or a consciousness."

Just because something is inorganic doesn't mean it can't have feelings or a consciousness or what resembles one.


yes it does, resembling one is not true life. It can't grow or reproduce, it's just a thing.

Even if you created AI it would only be an imitation, not true life.


That's a really stupid thing to base if something should have right or not on.

that imitation would still be life and has a right to have rights and make its own decisions.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

That's a really stupid thing to base if something should have right or not on.

that imitation would still be life and has a right to have rights and make its own decisions.


lol

Life grows and reproduces. Robots will never be alive. Just fancy toys. Rights are for people.

if robots had rights, it would be like giving rights to cars. Don't want that car to revolt and attack us like in the movies.



b-b-b-baka
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

pandrasb wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

That's a really stupid thing to base if something should have right or not on.

that imitation would still be life and has a right to have rights and make its own decisions.


lol

Life grows and reproduces. Robots will never be alive. Just fancy toys. Rights are for people.

if robots had rights, it would be like giving rights to cars. Don't want that car to revolt and attack us like in the movies.


I disagree at a certain point if a machine comes self concious and has its own will unlike a car etc it should be classified as a form of life and have rights.

On the traditional sense you are right it isn't life however if it's making it's own choices and has feeling and sentience then it's wrong to keep seeing it as a tool.

Just like synths in fallout 4 (seeing them as tools is fked up)
28204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/14/16
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
- Optimus Prime

Who are we to disagree with Optimus Prime?
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


pandrasb wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

That's a really stupid thing to base if something should have right or not on.

that imitation would still be life and has a right to have rights and make its own decisions.


lol

Life grows and reproduces. Robots will never be alive. Just fancy toys. Rights are for people.

if robots had rights, it would be like giving rights to cars. Don't want that car to revolt and attack us like in the movies.


I disagree at a certain point if a machine comes self concious and has its own will unlike a car etc it should be classified as a form of life and have rights.

On the traditional sense you are right it isn't life however if it's making it's own choices and has feeling and sentience then it's wrong to keep seeing it as a tool.

Just like synths in fallout 4 (seeing them as tools is fked up)


You joined the railroad huh lol

I'll budge and say, race, could be a robot race, and have to live away from humans, where they have their own rights and society.

But that's in a fantasy world, in the real world, it will never happen.

pointless to make sentient robots anyway, they wouldn't be robots. I seriously can't believe people actually fall for movie and video game robots, and get scared of...



Holy shit that thing is freaky looking
1227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
not if they look like this



or this
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

pandrasb wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


pandrasb wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

That's a really stupid thing to base if something should have right or not on.

that imitation would still be life and has a right to have rights and make its own decisions.


lol

Life grows and reproduces. Robots will never be alive. Just fancy toys. Rights are for people.

if robots had rights, it would be like giving rights to cars. Don't want that car to revolt and attack us like in the movies.


I disagree at a certain point if a machine comes self concious and has its own will unlike a car etc it should be classified as a form of life and have rights.

On the traditional sense you are right it isn't life however if it's making it's own choices and has feeling and sentience then it's wrong to keep seeing it as a tool.

Just like synths in fallout 4 (seeing them as tools is fked up)


You joined the railroad huh lol

I'll budge and say, race, could be a robot race, and have to live away from humans, where they have their own rights and society.

But that's in a fantasy world, in the real world, it will never happen.

pointless to make sentient robots anyway, they wouldn't be robots. I seriously can't believe people actually fall for movie and video game robots, and get scared of...



Holy shit that thing is freaky looking




Nah i joined the institution even though i disagree with there treatment of synths i deemed they are the best hope humanity has.

Also if we can remake the human brain mechanically they would be sentient.

It will happen oneday most likely a mix of mechanical and biological matter
1227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/14/16

pandrasb wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

" it's inorganic, it can't reproduce like we do, have feelings, or a consciousness."

Just because something is inorganic doesn't mean it can't have feelings or a consciousness or what resembles one.


yes it does, resembling one is not true life. It can't grow or reproduce, it's just a thing.

Even if you created AI it would only be an imitation, not true life.


if a machine feels, it is because it was programmed that way. The feelings in question are therefore not genuine because they were given to the machine. The machine didn't choose to react emotionally towards something. In moist cases, a machine wouldn't respond with emotion, it would be like a Vulcan (no emotion). That is because machines don't operate by emotion, but by logic and reason. And if a machine has consciousness, does that mean it acknowledges it is alive or that life is important? Is living irrelevant to a machine? Is death a confusing subject? Because of questions such as these, a machine will never be like a human and will not develop feelings and consciousness similar to a human

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.