Post Reply The curse of double posting
20902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
So for a while now Lorreen has had to deal with cleaning up my double posts and i'm unsure to why i always post twice.

Am i cursed...guys i think i'm cursed ;-;
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16
Quit pressing the button twice or get a different browser because you have something resending your post.
2101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / An Island off the...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
damn dude :/
20902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16

Rujikin wrote:

Quit pressing the button twice or get a different browser because you have something resending your post.


i'm using chrome and i only click once ....i'm so confused why this keeps happening :/ it happens with my guestbook replies also at time ._.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
It was a double date.
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Quit pressing the button twice or get a different browser because you have something resending your post.


i'm using chrome and i only click once ....i'm so confused why this keeps happening :/ it happens with my guestbook replies also at time ._.


Use firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
20902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Rujikin wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Quit pressing the button twice or get a different browser because you have something resending your post.


i'm using chrome and i only click once ....i'm so confused why this keeps happening :/ it happens with my guestbook replies also at time ._.


Use firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/


I hate firefox the reason i use Chrome is because Firefox to me is just as bad as IE.

...crap i prefer even Safari over the GUI of Firefox.

Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16


If this isn't it, then it's an issue with how your browser address headers. Update, scan for infection, or change browser.
37158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/16
Have you done any tests on your internet connection? The only time I double post is when I have spotty wifi.
20902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

kinga750 wrote:

Have you done any tests on your internet connection? The only time I double post is when I have spotty wifi.


25 mb/ps ....so should be ok
20902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Hrafna wrote:



If this isn't it, then it's an issue with how your browser address headers. Update, scan for infection, or change browser.


Welp guess i need to reinstall chrome...again
One Punch Mod
85916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/11/16 , edited 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

So for a while now Lorreen has had to deal with cleaning up my double posts and i'm unsure to why i always post twice.

Am i cursed...guys i think i'm cursed ;-;


After closing the thread that was a copy of this, of course , I've moved this over to Advice, Info, Recommendations since it's a personal thread and seems to be leaning toward that. If you aren't really looking for real ideas about why this might happen or things to try to avoid it, and just want banter, then I can move it to Chit Chat. (But it didn't seem to belong in General Discussion really.)
37158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


kinga750 wrote:

Have you done any tests on your internet connection? The only time I double post is when I have spotty wifi.


25 mb/ps ....so should be ok


Speed is one thing, reliability is another. I have 75 Mbit internet, but in some parts of my house I start dropping packets and quality goes down. In fact really fast internet speeds can often cover up reliability issues. I'm not saying that is definitely the cause of your problems, but you can't just assume that your connection is good just because it's fast. You could try running www.pingtest.net a few times. It's not the best but it should point out any glaring issues you might have.
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/11/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Quit pressing the button twice or get a different browser because you have something resending your post.


i'm using chrome and i only click once ....i'm so confused why this keeps happening :/ it happens with my guestbook replies also at time ._.


Use firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/


I hate firefox the reason i use Chrome is because Firefox to me is just as bad as IE.

...crap i prefer even Safari over the GUI of Firefox.



Firefox is secure unlike IE. Also I hate the default GUI of chrome, firefox, and IE but with firefox (god I hate "modern" UI design its absolute shit) I was able to modify it to look like this:


You must be logged in to post.