First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Why are you forever alone
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16

Phersu wrote:

There you go. That's, y'know, the exact opposite of having schizoid personality disorder.


I don't believe psychological disorders are defined/determined so simply. I suppose it doesn't really matter much either way.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16

Ocale wrote:

I don't believe psychological disorders are defined/determined so simply. I suppose it doesn't really matter much either way.


You're talking about a personality disorder which, like most of them, is characterized by having no insight to the disorder or desire to correct it. You show interest in others, are debating if you have this disorder, and are concerned about having it. It isn't a personality disorder. Calm down man. CALM DOWN MAN! You're too worked up!
48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Phersu wrote:


macht_gut wrote:

I wasn't aware that I was. Will I?


Don't worry, Macht, I'm here for you. We can be forever alone together.


Thank you, Phersu! I thought I would have to resort to drastic measures, like kidnap a person and put them in the basement, so that I am not alone "forever".
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

macht_gut wrote:

Thank you, Phersu! I thought I would have to resort to drastic measures, like kidnap a person and put them in the basement, so that I am not alone "forever". :sweatingbullets:


Eh? Ah, well, y'know...it's no problem! But....y'know....if you want to anyways....I mean...for you....I'd be okay with it. I-it's not like I'm an M or anything!

Posted 6/12/16

Phersu wrote

You're talking about a personality disorder which, like most of them, is characterized by having no insight to the disorder or desire to correct it. You show interest in others, are debating if you have this disorder, and are concerned about having it. It isn't a personality disorder. Calm down man. CALM DOWN MAN! You're too worked up!


This is my calm.

I have no desire to correct it, though, just to be able to understand myself, and my inexplicable, long-term lack of social connections makes me wonder non-stop, considering "the power of friendship" is shoved in my face all the time through media.
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
This can be taken too abstractly... but I'll answer. Even in love, in the embrace of the gentle arms of your lover in ecstasy, there is a place that noone can get to, not even you... and not personally, but in everyone, no ram can break this barrier that is your subconsious. I'd say soul but that tends to offend some people.


"Imagine it exists for a moment, but make no mistake, I promise you it is there.. we are all alone, and paradoxically, we are not alone. But make no mistake we all die alone, with some creative albeit sentimental lovers' suicides being the exception, I guess..:rollseyes:



To use an old clichéd metaphor, alone in a crowd. Therein we struggle for our own identity, that is the lie. There is no such thing as I or you. We are existence. " Okay.. :lol:


Now do I really believe this? Not quite, but to some extent, I've considered it.


"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle.

But its almost like the flipside of a coin to me when thinking on it. On one side, it makes some sense to learn to interact to gain identity and awareness, but on the other, we are all disconnected trying to find meaning from around us by remaining engaged in the hive mind that is social networking, but its artificial to the extent that without stimulation from the outside, we are told we might become disconnected from others and therein lies the rub. Some its been proven some actually thrive without it.. while some begin to talk to volleyballs calling them Wilson and so forth. The whole trend of tests are brought in to identify and quantify the dicotomy :rollseyes:, however harmless it is its a shallow explanation that it is black and white.. it isn't. And its not. Not for everyone at least, or it doesn't always have to be.



Its the same with being inside a relationship, too. I would know I don't always know what my man is thinking nor to be honest want to know. I'd hope he is being honest enough to tell me on his own without needing to guess, without the irrelevant or profane that is human dirtying the pure image of our relationship, that without that guilty pleasure such self-illusions for us that we share bonds us together.







17390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
Thanks to all the mental issues I have. One I was born with and the others came as a result of being unable to treat the first one. Why wasn't it treated? Well, I live in Croatia. This country hasn't entered the 21th century yet. All of this could have been avoided had I never been born. My parents had to have sex, huh?
3554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
possible undiagnosed mental issues, generally having a bitter and hopeless outlook on love, oh sorry chemical reactions that force us to admire another human being/scum the fact I'm on my pc too much and I enjoy my hobbies far more then I'd enjoy connecting with someone. I just wish I shared my hobbies with someone or get rid of these damn chemical reactions
8770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Right here
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Nalaniel wrote:

Thanks to all the mental issues I have. One I was born with and the others came as a result of being unable to treat the first one. Why wasn't it treated? Well, I live in Croatia. This country hasn't entered the 21th century yet. All of this could have been avoided had I never been born. My parents had to have sex, huh?




17390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Jophar_Vorin wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:

Thanks to all the mental issues I have. One I was born with and the others came as a result of being unable to treat the first one. Why wasn't it treated? Well, I live in Croatia. This country hasn't entered the 21th century yet. All of this could have been avoided had I never been born. My parents had to have sex, huh?






Not really. There are small changes towards progress, but only in the capital. Nobody cares about the other cities in this country, it seems.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
Because i am too indecisive, i like living alone, iam a gamer, i like anime, i like drinking(like alone even), i am not attracted to women my own age, i have let myself go/getting older/dont go to the gym, iam not rich, dont want to lower my standards(like you have to if you are or are not things i already mentioned), etc

Oh and dick size, got my dick sick and iam addicted to fethis clips and porn in gerneral. (lol)
10586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
We are all forever alone because we cannot truly know the hearts and minds of another. We but put up a timorous façade and try to hide our endless suffering and grief even from ourselves.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


stars201 wrote:

Because no one has swept me off of my feet and I haven't done the same



if you are looking for someone to sweep you off your feet...you are going to be very dissapointed that sort of thing doesn't happen xD


She's female, her chances are astronomically higher that someone she never met would do all the work in that department.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

gornotck wrote:

We are all forever alone because we cannot truly know the hearts and minds of another. We but put up a timorous façade and try to hide our endless suffering and grief even from ourselves.


Well technically but most people are not alone because you need two incomes to pay off a mortgage and then there is social stature, or having kids/wanting to stay together for their sake(so i guess if there's no love your kind of alone but not?..).
I mean most people get married get divorced but usually they will find a new partner.
Alot of people would be very lonely alone. It's def more likely to be men who end up alone though, it's much easier for women to find a new partner. But i guess having said that, its hard for both genders once you get past 30 or more so 40 plus.
I guess there's those cat ladies and that lol not sure if having cats equals being alone?..
10586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


gornotck wrote:

We are all forever alone because we cannot truly know the hearts and minds of another. We but put up a timorous façade and try to hide our endless suffering and grief even from ourselves.


Well technically but most people are not alone because you need two incomes to pay off a mortgage and then there is social stature, or having kids/wanting to stay together for their sake(so i guess if there's no love your kind of alone but not?..).
I mean most people get married get divorced but usually they will find a new partner.
Alot of people would be very lonely alone. It's def more likely to be men who end up alone though, it's much easier for women to find a new partner. But i guess having said that, its hard for both genders once you get past 30 or more so 40 plus.
I guess there's those cat ladies and that lol not sure if having cats equals being alone?..


They judge you after you're 30, yes. After you're in your mid 20s, too, I think. Cats are surrogate children, so it's more accepting your loneliness, I guess.
You could pay off a mortgage by yourself. You just need to make quite a bit of money and live forever. Alone.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.