First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE.
13618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
I'm confused, is CR revolting?
24267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/16


Lol
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

GrandMasterTime wrote:

I'm confused, is CR revolting?


Occasionally.
14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
So apparently any form of moderation now constitutes Orwellian censorship and control? Is it really this hard for people to grasp that forums do indeed have rules to follow and there might be consequences if you break them?
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
Is this optimal?
17654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

vanguard1234523 wrote:

So apparently any form of moderation now constitutes Orwellian censorship and control? Is it really this hard for people to grasp that forums do indeed have rules to follow and there might be consequences if you break them?


Nobody reads the rules, dear. Nobody uses common sense, either. I am of the opinion that it should be renamed to uncommon sense.
25026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Nalaniel wrote:Nobody reads the rules, dear. Nobody uses common sense, either. I am of the opinion that it should be renamed to uncommon sense.


3 simple words; Common sense isn't.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16

maxgale wrote:

It's amusing that individuals who attempt to ban others for the crime of providing factual refutation of their views should feel so entitled to a community where they hold the minority opinion.

And then try to DARVO and say "Yes, yes, go and build another community, just leave me everything that everyone else has worked hard to build!"

Funny how they don't ever seem to take the advice that they are so quick to dispense.


You didn't build Crunchyroll. You didn't build the anime community. There is no systematic campaign to ban you for disagreeing with people that I am either aware of or have any part in, and certainly my reporting you once for flamebaiting doesn't constitute any evidence otherwise. You're not even being told you can't be a part of this community.

What you're being told is that if you're so bloody unhappy with the terms and conditions imposed for you to plant a sign in CR's grass you can go find another lot to put your sign in because it's their bloody grass. What you're being told is that if you're so certain that the system here is viciously biased against you it makes sense for you to go set up your own system and design the rules however you please, and if you're honestly so convinced that you are the voice of this community then people will follow you. What you're being told is that if you do remain you will have to abide by the site rules as interpreted and enforced by the moderators, because again: it's CR's grass, not yours.
14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

BlueOni wrote:


maxgale wrote:

It's amusing that individuals who attempt to ban others for the crime of providing factual refutation of their views should feel so entitled to a community where they hold the minority opinion.

And then try to DARVO and say "Yes, yes, go and build another community, just leave me everything that everyone else has worked hard to build!"

Funny how they don't ever seem to take the advice that they are so quick to dispense.


You didn't build Crunchyroll. You didn't build the anime community. There is no systematic campaign to ban you for disagreeing with people that I am either aware of or have any part in, and certainly my reporting you once for flamebaiting doesn't constitute any evidence otherwise. You're not even being told you can't be a part of this community.

What you're being told is that if you're so bloody unhappy with the terms and conditions imposed for you to plant a sign in CR's grass you can go find another lot to put your sign in because it's their bloody grass. What you're being told is that if you're so certain that the system here is viciously biased against you it makes sense for you to go set up your own system and design the rules however you please, and if you're honestly so convinced that you are the voice of this community then people will follow you. What you're being told is that if you do remain you will have to abide by the site rules as interpreted and enforced by the moderators, because again: it's CR's grass, not yours.


I think you might want to toss in the towel. I don't think he's ever going to listen. He never does and I honestly don't think he has the capacity to.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

BlueOni wrote:


maxgale wrote:

It's amusing that individuals who attempt to ban others for the crime of providing factual refutation of their views should feel so entitled to a community where they hold the minority opinion.

And then try to DARVO and say "Yes, yes, go and build another community, just leave me everything that everyone else has worked hard to build!"

Funny how they don't ever seem to take the advice that they are so quick to dispense.


You didn't build Crunchyroll. You didn't build the anime community. There is no systematic campaign to ban you for disagreeing with people that I am either aware of or have any part in, and certainly my reporting you once for flamebaiting doesn't constitute any evidence otherwise. You're not even being told you can't be a part of this community.

What you're being told is that if you're so bloody unhappy with the terms and conditions imposed for you to plant a sign in CR's grass you can go find another lot to put your sign in because it's their bloody grass. What you're being told is that if you're so certain that the system here is viciously biased against you it makes sense for you to go set up your own system and design the rules however you please, and if you're honestly so convinced that you are the voice of this community then people will follow you. What you're being told is that if you do remain you will have to abide by the site rules as interpreted and enforced by the moderators, because again: it's CR's grass, not yours.


Pirates built CR.

Don't see many left in these waters.


Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you. Dong le ma?
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

GrandMasterTime wrote:

I'm confused, is CR revolting?




I wouldn't be surprised if a few have been watching and just unsubbed without saying anything.


Most peeps are probably too busy directing their ire towards social media sites doing similar things, bu t who knows if they'd direct their efforts towards Crunchy if the same grievances they have against those sites continue to play out here on Crunchy?




vanguard1234523 wrote:

So apparently any form of moderation now constitutes Orwellian censorship and control? Is it really this hard for people to grasp that forums do indeed have rules to follow and there might be consequences if you break them?




When that moderation involves double standards and arbitrarily sanctioning those whose conduct doesn't rise to the professed standards of forum misconduct, then yes.
Humms 
10572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
These threads get shut down because they are fucking pointless, Not for the world ( But I think its fucking pointless) but for CR, like seriously?

people get banned because they dont give a shit about what they say. I dont either, but I dont come on here talking about stupid shit like extremists and terrorists, whats the point? Its happening in the world so why fuel the fire? Just realize it's happening and do the best we can to move on, thats all we can ever do.

People actually enjoy talking about this, thats the fucking scary thing about this whole mess. They just love to debate about these things like it actually has relevance to general discussion, you all sound like my fucking parents who just love to bicker on about this shit, while I just laugh and tell them, there is nothing you can do about it.

People on here, acting like 50 year olds when they are 17 and 18, thats the serious joke about this whole thing. go run for fucking president why don't you, sheesh You all have soo much to add to the conversation with your political correctness and Wiki Spread sheets.
7557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 6/12/16
A thread got locked after it devolved into xenophobic vitriol and name calling. That's bad, why?
9800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
Oh, come on. If anyone or anything is to blame for that thread being locked, it's MrAnimeSK. He went out of his way to cause trouble.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-955305/suspected-islamic-extremist-shoots-dead-at-least-20-at-florida-gay-club?pg=5
995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:




You read 1984 in school? That must have been an amazing school.


1984, Animal Farm, War of the Worlds..English class 6th grade rocked. And yes it was a private school, we had black and red uniforms.


never read 1984 or Animal Farm in school. I read War of the Worlds on my own because I loved the 1953 movie version.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.