WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE.
36934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16

VZ68 wrote:

Pirates built CR.

Don't see many left in these waters.


Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you. Dong le ma?


True, it was, but that's beside the point. See, the argument he was making was that I have no authority to speak because I am supposedly an outsider who has made no contribution, represent no significant part of this community, and am attacking Crunchyroll and its community in order to impose external beliefs thereupon. That I don't really count as part of this community.

This might be a valid perspective if I were new around here while saying the things I have been, or at the very least if I hadn't particularly made any contributions to the forums over the course of my time here. But I've been here for more than three years now (longer than he's been here), and what's more I held a paid membership for the bulk of that time. I have involved myself extensively in both the General and Anime forums, and my presence has not been unwelcome if all the buddy requests, PMs, and quality discussions I've had are any indication. He, meanwhile, has a long and well-earned reputation for deliberately annoying people with unnecessarily aggressive rhetoric, deliberate misreading of both his own and others' sources, and resorting to ad hominem attacks and sweeping general statements about his opponents when he is finally cornered.

This also might be a valid perspective if I were the one starting controversial political threads all the time, but I'm not. Instead I participate in whatever threads are currently trending at the top, or maybe whatever I find on the second or third pages of whatever section I'm looking at that catch my interest. So I'm not even the one stirring up controversy. I participate in plenty of apolitical topics here in General, playing around and keeping a lighthearted atmosphere alive.

I reported him one time for flamebaiting me after having let him get away with it hundreds of times, and now suddenly not only am I apparently plotting to drive conservatives off of the website, but I'm an outsider who never belonged here to begin with. Seriously?
27320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
6300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Idon't get it.


Ya didn't read 1984 in school?


Is it a good book? I read Brave New World (Amazon said it's similar to 1984 and people usually bought those books together) and I completely despised that book (in terms of storytelling; it was a good satire) so I don't wanna waste my money...
21211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Unova Region
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
So is this thread a combination of 1984 and Avatar?


Dabossman26 wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Idon't get it.


Ya didn't read 1984 in school?


Is it a good book? I read Brave New World (Amazon said it's similar to 1984 and people usually bought those books together) and I completely despised that book (in terms of storytelling; it was a good satire) so I don't wanna waste my money...


If you don't like dystopian novels and "unanswered protagonist loses endings" then 1984 isn't for you.
Ejanss 
16265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16

DrOshawott wrote:


Is it a good book? I read Brave New World (Amazon said it's similar to 1984 and people usually bought those books together) and I completely despised that book (in terms of storytelling; it was a good satire) so I don't wanna waste my money...


If you don't like dystopian novels and "unanswered protagonist loses endings" then 1984 isn't for you.


It's pretty much if you like a condemnation of Soviet communism, which, ironically fell five years after the date.
(Even the TV-movie version of "Animal Farm" had to write in an updated post-Fall ending.)

Besides, the Macintosh came along, and we found out Why 1984 Wasn't Like "1984".
19671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

Dabossman26 wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Idon't get it.


Ya didn't read 1984 in school?


Is it a good book? I read Brave New World (Amazon said it's similar to 1984 and people usually bought those books together) and I completely despised that book (in terms of storytelling; it was a good satire) so I don't wanna waste my money...


If Brave New World wasn't your cuppa tea then 1984 isn't going to be either sad to say. But hey maybe a local library has a copy and you can take it out and judge for yourself.
17712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

maxgale wrote:

It's amusing that individuals who attempt to ban others for the crime of providing factual refutation of their views should feel so entitled to a community where they hold the minority opinion.


And then try to DARVO and say "Yes, yes, go and build another community, just leave me everything that everyone else has worked hard to build!"



Funny how they don't ever seem to take the advice that they are so quick to dispense.
What's funny is that you think this forum will stop existing after you leave
6300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/13/16

Ranwolf wrote:

If Brave New World wasn't your cuppa tea then 1984 isn't going to be either sad to say. But hey maybe a local library has a copy and you can take it out and judge for yourself.


I enjoyed the ideas BNW presented, but wished the plot had more coherence. 1984 is only $6.50 on amazon with prime so I might as well do some reading. It'd more productive than what the amount of procrastination I do on a regular basis.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:


maxgale wrote:

It's amusing that individuals who attempt to ban others for the crime of providing factual refutation of their views should feel so entitled to a community where they hold the minority opinion.


And then try to DARVO and say "Yes, yes, go and build another community, just leave me everything that everyone else has worked hard to build!"



Funny how they don't ever seem to take the advice that they are so quick to dispense.
What's funny is that you think this forum will stop existing after you leave




What's funny is you think you can comprehend what I am thinking without understanding any of the matters at hand to begin with.






Ejanss wrote:


DrOshawott wrote:


Is it a good book? I read Brave New World (Amazon said it's similar to 1984 and people usually bought those books together) and I completely despised that book (in terms of storytelling; it was a good satire) so I don't wanna waste my money...


If you don't like dystopian novels and "unanswered protagonist loses endings" then 1984 isn't for you.


It's pretty much if you like a condemnation of Soviet communism, which, ironically fell five years after the date.
(Even the TV-movie version of "Animal Farm" had to write in an updated post-Fall ending.)

Besides, the Macintosh came along, and we found out Why 1984 Wasn't Like "1984".




Because we ended up with Tron instead?
21224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 6/12/16 , edited 6/12/16
Long live the party!

17712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/12/16

maxgale wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


maxgale wrote:

It's amusing that individuals who attempt to ban others for the crime of providing factual refutation of their views should feel so entitled to a community where they hold the minority opinion.


And then try to DARVO and say "Yes, yes, go and build another community, just leave me everything that everyone else has worked hard to build!"



Funny how they don't ever seem to take the advice that they are so quick to dispense.
What's funny is that you think this forum will stop existing after you leave




What's funny is you think you can comprehend what I am thinking without understanding any of the matters at hand to begin with.
If the matter begin with this thread, then yeah nobody gets it
820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/16
Dude i remember seeing that episode of Avatar TLA when i was a kid when they were brainwashing Jet, "There is no war in Ba Sing Se"

Absolutely fucking gave me chills when I watched it. Avatar is one of those shows that I had to re-watch in my current mind state to fully understand it's wisdom.
3389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Laramie, WY
Offline
Posted 6/13/16 , edited 6/13/16
I've got my own opinions that could contribute to this forum war, but why bother fanning the flames? They're high enough as it is. Nope, gonna kick back and toast marshmallows instead.

PS. OP is win. 1984 references appeal to my superior intellect... especially when you can find an anime reference to match.

Now repeat after me...

War is Peace
Knowledge is Ignorance
Freedom is Slavery
We have always been at war with Oceania.
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
But there is no war in Ba Sing Se
There is no war in Ba Sing Se
THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE...
1500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / United States
Offline
Posted 6/13/16
No one cares.
15100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16

maxgale When that moderation involves double standards and arbitrarily sanctioning those whose conduct doesn't rise to the professed standards of forum misconduct, then yes.


Sorry for the delayed response but are you actually suggesting that Crunchyroll's moderation has not allowed conservative voices to adequately express themselves? If so I'm curious to know which forums you've been frequenting as of late.

You guys have had your run of the place for over a year now it seems like. So please stop with the tired delusions of persecution and overused Orwell references. They're about as hackneyed and insufferable as they always are.

This isn't hard to understand, you guys through an effort that can only be described as momentous pushed and pushed and finally discovered that shockingly these forums do still know some distant boundaries of common human decency and good taste. Congratulations, you finally hit bedrock.

I guess that means you can't be quite as reprehensible with your arguments and phrasing as you might like. Somehow life goes on.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.