First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

vanguard1234523 wrote:


maxgale When that moderation involves double standards and arbitrarily sanctioning those whose conduct doesn't rise to the professed standards of forum misconduct, then yes.


Sorry for the delayed response but are you actually suggesting that Crunchyroll's moderation has not allowed conservative voices to adequately express themselves? If so I'm curious to know which forums you've been frequenting as of late.

You guys have had your run of the place for over a year now it seems like. So please stop with the tired delusions of persecution and overused Orwell references. They're about as hackneyed and insufferable as they always are.

This isn't hard to understand, you guys through an effort that can only be described as momentous pushed and pushed and finally discovered that shockingly these forums do still know some distant boundaries of common human decency and good taste. Congratulations, you finally hit bedrock.

I guess that means you can't be quite as reprehensible with your arguments and phrasing as you might like. Somehow life goes on.




A liberal with a persecution complex.


Shocking.
Posted 6/15/16
1984. Nice.
14943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16

maxgale wrote:


vanguard1234523 wrote:


maxgale When that moderation involves double standards and arbitrarily sanctioning those whose conduct doesn't rise to the professed standards of forum misconduct, then yes.


Sorry for the delayed response but are you actually suggesting that Crunchyroll's moderation has not allowed conservative voices to adequately express themselves? If so I'm curious to know which forums you've been frequenting as of late.

You guys have had your run of the place for over a year now it seems like. So please stop with the tired delusions of persecution and overused Orwell references. They're about as hackneyed and insufferable as they always are.

This isn't hard to understand, you guys through an effort that can only be described as momentous pushed and pushed and finally discovered that shockingly these forums do still know some distant boundaries of common human decency and good taste. Congratulations, you finally hit bedrock.

I guess that means you can't be quite as reprehensible with your arguments and phrasing as you might like. Somehow life goes on.




A liberal with a persecution complex.


Shocking.


Ah yes how utterly predictable.

Typical of the common slack-jawed conservative.

[insert a few smug emoticons and poorly researched cherry picked studies that promptly get shot to pieces here]

Am I doing it right?

And with regards to persecution complexes and who does or does not have them I'd like to state for the record that I have at no point created a thread to espouse my firm belief that the forum moderators of this anime streaming site are oppressing me in a manner similar to that of a fictitious totalitarian regime.
14731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

maxgale wrote:

Ejanss wrote:
Besides, the Macintosh came along, and we found out Why 1984 Wasn't Like "1984".


Because we ended up with Tron instead?


No, that was '82. '84 gave us Ghostbusters.

(For anyone ELSE too young to get the joke:
https://youtu.be/lSiQA6KKyJo?t=3m55s )
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

vanguard1234523 wrote:
Ah yes how utterly predictable.

Typical of the common slack-jawed conservative.

[insert a few smug emoticons and poorly researched cherry picked studies that promptly get shot to pieces here]

Am I doing it right?

And with regards to persecution complexes and who does or does not have them I'd like to state for the record that I have at no point created a thread to espouse my firm belief that the forum moderators of this anime streaming site are oppressing me in a manner similar to that of a fictitious totalitarian regime.




It is rather telling that if it occurs on a mere anime streaming website, that who knows how it would play out on platforms of more importance for our society?



Oh wait we already know the answer to that, because just the other day one of the largest social media websites was censoring no differently.
21860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / The Bahamas
Online
Posted 6/15/16

Ejanss wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:

I'm confused, is CR revolting?


Occasionally.



*rimshot* Also, I now require a new keyboard.
14943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16

maxgale wrote:


vanguard1234523 wrote:
Ah yes how utterly predictable.

Typical of the common slack-jawed conservative.

[insert a few smug emoticons and poorly researched cherry picked studies that promptly get shot to pieces here]

Am I doing it right?

And with regards to persecution complexes and who does or does not have them I'd like to state for the record that I have at no point created a thread to espouse my firm belief that the forum moderators of this anime streaming site are oppressing me in a manner similar to that of a fictitious totalitarian regime.




It is rather telling that if it occurs on a mere anime streaming website, that who knows how it would play out on platforms of more importance for our society?



Oh wait we already know the answer to that, because just the other day one of the largest social media websites was censoring no differently.


See here's the thing I don't concede that the oppressive Crunchyroll Ministry of Truth exists in any capacity. And we weren't talking about Facebook here as I recall, so thanks for grossly carrying this beyond the constraints of what was being discussed. Whatever dude. Feel free to cringe and cower at your boogeymen and your inexhaustible list of liberal bugbears. I have a more healthy outlook on life where I don't assume that, because my comments were deleted and a thread closed, the site that brings us JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is trying to preen and prune political dissidence.

You may want to visit sometime.

EDIT: Also if you're going to use tired literary references you might as well do them right. It's "we've always been at war with Eurasia". Unless you're speaking from the perspective of Eurasia itself and assuming they have an equivalent to the Ministry of Truth you're saying that Oceania is at war with itself. A profound observation maybe if you wish to argue that Oceania has always been at war with itself, fighting a campaign to cull the last relics of individuality and independent thought from the populace, but all things considered I'm inclined to view this as a slip up on your part.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

vanguard1234523 wrote:


Also if you're going to use tired literary references you might as well do them right. It's "we've always been at war with Eurasia". Unless you're speaking from the perspective of Eurasia itself and assuming they have an equivalent to the Ministry of Truth you're saying that Oceania is at war with itself. A profound observation maybe if you wish to argue that Oceania has always been at war with itself, fighting a campaign to cull the last relics of individuality and independent thought from the populace, but all things considered I'm inclined to view this as a slip up on your part.





It was a reference to the Fire Kingdom. I thought the title of the thread would make it easier to see the wordplay going on.
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 6/15/16
I want a meta-meta thread.
19059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
Definitely not censored. This is by far the most conservative site I have ever seen on the internet (Besides the weird obscure crazy ones). Tons of other sites wouldn't let some of the hate speech (I know, not all conservative posts here are hateful, but some are) here slide. Be glad they don't moderate more.
10568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/16/16

mysticmightg wrote:

Definitely not censored. This is by far the most conservative site I have ever seen on the internet (Besides the weird obscure crazy ones). Tons of other sites wouldn't let some of the hate speech (I know, not all conservative posts here are hateful, but some are) here slide. Be glad they don't moderate more.


"Hate speech"?
19059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/16/16



"Hate speech"?


From the locked thread: "Criticize Islamic ideals if you want to stop terrorism." "Fuck ya'll Muslim loving race traitors"

That's all I've seen so far of that thread, and all things considered, that's probably just about enough.

22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/16/16 , edited 6/16/16
I'm being oppressed by the Crunchyroll liberalarchy!

Posted 6/16/16

maxgale wrote:

A liberal with a persecution complex.


Shocking.

You're such a victim.

27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/16/16

Hrafna wrote:


maxgale wrote:

A liberal with a persecution complex.


Shocking.

You're such a victim.






I don't even try to trigger you and somehow I always still do.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.