First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Jophar Vorin got busted by parents.
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 6/13/16 , edited 6/13/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Jophar_Vorin wrote:

They discovered my Anime collection, fhakkk.
And as i knew from the beginning, they called me a little 10 year old girl.
Anyone else in the same fhakking situation?



My parent want me to be just like in their heads. Evil world, why did I have to born?
This is the beginning of the apocalypse.

F*ck Norway, and its culture.
"Everything is black and white" No it isnt, it never was!
Someone give me Cyanide.




Can you..... make yourself legally Emancipated?


Yes, the state pays my food :c, wish i could get a stable job, but my mood swings will make it fucked up.

27148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/13/16 , edited 6/13/16

runec wrote:
Well, you can raise externally well behaved kids with authoritarian methods but it doesn't mean they'll turn out internally emotionally stable.

Possibly, not sure. I grew up dirt poor. The only friend I had that was literally rich his mother was insanely controlling and overtly religiously. While his father at some point had just given up and spent most his time at home hiding some place quiet with the dog away from his wife. -.-

I don't think he was allowed to stay up past 9pm till he was 18. Boardgames and cardgames were the Devil ( as in, literally, tools of Satan ). TV was not allowed in any capacity and the only game he was permitted to have on his computer was golf.

Last I heard he had moved to the other side of the country, came out as gay and became a nurse.

Touche. I think they do mean well though. I don't like to complain too much. Everyone has their issues.

Those controlling types are quite common in this bracket. Same with religious. Fortunately my parents are not that religious or that exceptionally controlling, but both of their world views are much like living with two Maxgale's.

While they're not quite that strict there's definitely crying over spilled milk in this house if yah catch my drift. The name calling can get out of hand, and it's only become more apparent with my younger brother around.

I prefer to spend time hiding in my room. It's worked out well for me until I can move out soon.

Kids never really turn out how one attempts to dictate.

15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/13/16

runec wrote:

Jophar_Vorin wrote:
My parents dont accept anything thats outside of the Norwegian "normal".

I'm almost afraid to ask what Norwegian normal is.
being phyical and some about nature and isn't that long ago since it got all the.. "tech" or big cities.
Much about the woods or wood in general to other places where is more about concrete like tokyo and other places around the world.
Where UK more on the brick side of things with steam and such.

Posted 6/13/16
I did not understand anything said
3328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/13/16

Jophar_Vorin wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:

You need to show them anime and manga with hardcore Viking stories. That's what Norwegians are into, right?


Yes, but that doesnt explain my figure collection or my dakimakuras. I just have them in a bag i have never used them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: Sorry mods, i double posted but i am having a hard time now so i forgot it.





I'm just curious how you got those w/o your parents noticing + how you paid for these. Original dakis start at ~12k yen.
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 6/13/16

ComboChrist wrote:


Jophar_Vorin wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:

You need to show them anime and manga with hardcore Viking stories. That's what Norwegians are into, right?


Yes, but that doesnt explain my figure collection or my dakimakuras. I just have them in a bag i have never used them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: Sorry mods, i double posted but i am having a hard time now so i forgot it.





I'm just curious how you got those w/o your parents noticing + how you paid for these. Original dakis start at ~12k yen.


My biological parents have loads of money so they just give me some...
My non bio parents are the ones that i live with daily.
I just say that i buy electronic Components :P
I also save money.
5788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 6/14/16

Jophar_Vorin They say that i will learn to let go of anime. i DONT want that, its the ONLY thing that has given me happiness in this world.


Seriously, what is up with parents and "You will grow out of it" with regards to many hobbies and interests? I have been told that in the past too. About games, about anime, about figures, all sorts of things. It wasn't designed for kids in the first place, and even if it was, why is that bad? I guess my advantage there was that it always ended with "I'm dissapointed in you" stare, rather that losing stuff.

I makes me wonder if that simply is how "older" people react to newer things. Maybe in 30 years we will walk around and yell "Playing with them holograms again? What are you, a toddler?!" at 20 years olds.


It's hard to give any help here tho, as I don't trully know you or your parents, I just can say don't give up on anime or things related, or anything else you like. Not unless it is YOUR decision to stop.

And, there is nothing wrong with not being normal. Sure, your life would be a lot simpler, should you go the "I'm a good drone!" path, but where is the fun in that. On that note, schools arenotoriously very very bad at measuring person's capabilities, so don't let that get you down and think bad about yourself.
9456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 6/14/16 , edited 6/14/16

Elvikun wrote:


Jophar_Vorin They say that i will learn to let go of anime. i DONT want that, its the ONLY thing that has given me happiness in this world.


Seriously, what is up with parents and "You will grow out of it" with regards to many hobbies and interests? I have been told that in the past too. About games, about anime, about figures, all sorts of things. It wasn't designed for kids in the first place, and even if it was, why is that bad? I guess my advantage there was that it always ended with "I'm dissapointed in you" stare, rather that losing stuff.

I makes me wonder if that simply is how "older" people react to newer things. Maybe in 30 years we will walk around and yell "Playing with them holograms again? What are you, a toddler?!" at 20 years olds.


It's hard to give any help here tho, as I don't trully know you or your parents, I just can say don't give up on anime or things related, or anything else you like. Not unless it is YOUR decision to stop.

And, there is nothing wrong with not being normal. Sure, your life would be a lot simpler, should you go the "I'm a good drone!" path, but where is the fun in that. On that note, schools arenotoriously very very bad at measuring person's capabilities, so don't let that get you down and think bad about yourself.


That hologram comment, i think that actually will be true.



I dont want to be a drone, it will take ca 3 years before i can move out. -_-
31338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ajures
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
Your parents are in charge of you and love you, I presume. I've had friends who had parents who did drugs so not every home was a good one. What I recommend is taking time to learn to be responsible for yourself, picking up skills like digital works to use for a job and make money and set things up for yourself. But your parents look out for you.

Hope this helps.
54053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

Jophar_Vorin wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


Jophar_Vorin wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

Wait, I have been told that Norway and every other country other than the USA is totally super awesome and never sucks so this thread can't be real.

:P


... It is okay if you fit their stereotype.
If you just want to be a zombie that earns money and goes to school then its perfect.


Are you a NEET or something?


Yes. Didnt manage school, in about 3 years i will go on nordic welfare.

Couldnt even learn the clock. I still dont know it.



-sighs- have you not learn anything about Roman Empire and Marcus Octavius?! Education is very important! Romans first class become someone important at age 16 due to highly educated! That why Roman Empire were Superior Civilization!

Posted 10/13/16

Aoikihen wrote:

Your parents are in charge of you and love you, I presume. I've had friends who had parents who did drugs so not every home was a good one. What I recommend is taking time to learn to be responsible for yourself, picking up skills like digital works to use for a job and make money and set things up for yourself. But your parents look out for you.

Hope this helps.


OP left site.
2804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
I'm already an embarrassing disappointment i doubt my anime taste can effect that
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
how old are you bro if you live at home your parents control you!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.