First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply The Continued Media War Against Anime As "Sexist"
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

Krissim wrote:




Thankfully the SJW's just proved that to be completely inaccurate and that women are the overly emotional ones while men are the logical ones.
But 90% of SJW stuff is posted on the internet and everyone on the internet is a guy so . . .



I blame the lgbt for turning all the women into dudes.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Women do write and think differently. Look at Twilight one of the worst pieces of literature known to man yet women love it for some reason.
wait no 50.. 50 grey women in a bathtub




#NOTALLWOMEN


No seriously...I hate that fucking shit. 50 Shades was so hilariously bad and I actually threw Twilight at the wall. Thought maybe that the movie might be better, but LOL...couldn't even get thru it because it was BAD.

As for the topic:

*shrugs* I got what he was saying. I can't get mad with the way the world is anymore. I mean...western animators/filmmakers have said worse.



8780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Online
Posted 6/15/16
Is it sexist if i have a dick?
Is it sexist that we have different bathrooms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

35033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/21/16
Saabedra has done nothing wrong or said anything that wasn't true, and anime isn't under attack because he refers to a comment made by one man saying quite directly women can't make animated films well because we lack imagination and men can't make live action films well because they always have their heads in the clouds as sexist in his article's title. Not only is it sexist, it's sexist in both directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmMNpbFjp0
qwueri 
16444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 6/15/16
What media is attacking the dude? Haven't seen a blip on major news channels.
35033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

qwueri wrote:

What media is attacking the dude? Haven't seen a blip on major news channels.


Crunchyroll, of course! Saabedra called a comment declaring women unimaginative and men impractical sexist, and now we must all rage against him for it! Don't think, you fool! Act! Smash something now!
qwueri 
16444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 6/15/16

BlueOni wrote:


qwueri wrote:

What media is attacking the dude? Haven't seen a blip on major news channels.


Crunchyroll, of course! Saabedra called a comment declaring women unimaginative and men impractical sexist, and now we must all rage against him for it! Don't think, you fool! Act! Smash something now!


I guess Crunchyroll newsfeed is technically media, seems like an awfully broad term for just one... oh right, RAWR SMASH!
6358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

Jophar_Vorin wrote:

Is it sexist if i have a dick?
Is it sexist that we have different bathrooms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?



Yep. Having a dick pretty much triggers these feminists, I think. What a sad day to have external genitalia, huh?
8780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Online
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16

Mrcreepday wrote:


Jophar_Vorin wrote:

Is it sexist if i have a dick?
Is it sexist that we have different bathrooms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?



Yep. Having a dick pretty much triggers these feminists, I think. What a sad day to have external genitalia, huh?


How about we cut them off?

35033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16

qwueri wrote:

I guess Crunchyroll newsfeed is technically media, seems like an awfully broad term for just one... oh right, RAWR SMASH!


Which is not to say people aren't ever ridiculous in their accusations of sexism or that they never react too strongly to solid examples like this one, but CR's reporting on the matter is strictly factual and doesn't attack the man in the process of calling his comment sexist, and therefore isn't playing any significant role in exacerbating matters. What's more, criticism of one man's comments doesn't amount to an attack on anime as a whole, and for another matter stupid outrage is the national anthem of the internet anywa---oh, now I'm doing it! Better heed my own advice!

*takes a bite out of CR logo*

Gra------------------------h!!!!!
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

Nogara-san wrote:
#NOTALLWOMEN
"She said".. hurr hurr
so you want a 100 shades?
What about giving you something.. above 9000!!?!?!

BlueOni wrote:
*takes a bite out of CR logo*
*cough* someone has allready been there, and done that.
5612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16
I think you kind of fail as soon as you go the super general route of "Women do...". Just treat people as individuals and don't presume too much just because of their gender, apart from the obvious, biological things.

But no, aiming your product at particular peceived demographic is clearly not sexist, unless you have rewired, brainwashed mind of a "SJW". What would be sexist would be actively fighting to prevent someone fromg seeing your product, but the reality is that when anime,or anything else really is aimed at 20 year old males, but suddenly gets popular with 20 years old females, the creators don't go "WE MUST STOP THIS NOW!", they are more of a "Hell yeah, more popularity!".

I'm not sure why people interpret the creators going for example "We think this will be best for younger boys" as "Only young boys can watch it , and you seem to have a vagina, so... *bodyblock*".
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't see how CR is labeling him sexist to be honest...



I read the original article CR has and didn't notice any bias. Of course, it isn't Breitbart, so what do I know?




It's literally the title of the article.
6358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

Jophar_Vorin wrote:


Mrcreepday wrote:


Jophar_Vorin wrote:

Is it sexist if i have a dick?
Is it sexist that we have different bathrooms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?



Yep. Having a dick pretty much triggers these feminists, I think. What a sad day to have external genitalia, huh?


How about we cut them off?



Nooo, I like having one!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.