First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Are there any kinds of threads you just avoid?
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 6/15/16
Threads that obviously are there just to troll people into angry responses
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16
I avoid all of General Discussion apart from random question threads like this, because it's pretty much cancer. And I avoid show discussion threads in the anime forums because people race to watch an episode of something immediately after it airs so they can write a plot synopsis of it with zero usage of spoiler warnings, all the while pretending that what they're doing is just making a "review."
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16
Circlejerk and perverted threads.


Balzack wrote:

I avoid all of General Discussion apart from random question threads like this, because it's pretty much cancer.


Where do you go to avoid cancer?
8254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 6/15/16
As many others have said, political and religious threads are pretty much a no go for me not because I don't find the attached discourse interesting but because you just know that they are going to be total flame filled trainwrecks instead of actual discussions. Also, anything that's obviously there just to denigrate so-called "SJWs" as they are not only full of garbage but are just going to piss me off.

Beyond that, I also completely avoid the blatantly obvious (even when the OP thinks otherwise) looking for a BF/GF threads.
48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/15/16 , edited 6/15/16
I try to avoid threads that are on sex (since it will eventually get lock), Catgirls, JtJumper threads, threads written by drunks although at times can be funny to read, etc.

Posted 6/15/16
Anything regarding a catgirl.
Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

The ones that involves politics and using your a lot of your intelligence.


i feel ya LOL

i have no intelligence

however i like to laugh at people in political threads. if only they knew how ridiculous they sounded
Posted 6/15/16

Sogno- wrote:

i like to laugh at people in political threads. if only they knew how ridiculous they sounded


So do I
3473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Mothership
Offline
Posted 6/15/16
Any shit that I deem stupid or too conflicting like religious( I do believe in God), political, or something like what is your language of choice also I avoid that PV guy's thread because from my perspective that shit is not amusing, is not cute, attention-whoring, and annoying and I avoid threads that may be following a pattern or roll.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 6/15/16

Sogno- wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

The ones that involves politics and using your a lot of your intelligence.


i feel ya LOL

i have no intelligence

however i like to laugh at people in political threads. if only they knew how ridiculous they sounded


Hooray!
Posted 6/15/16
Political ones and ones that deal with the seasonal topics, this 'season' seems to be constant looking for girlfriend threads
17166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
Only ones featuring co-joined billionaire lesbian catgirls with guns who hunt whales.
45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
I usually avoid political threads. I don't really feel comfortable talking about politics sometimes, because that usually brings out the worst in people. Some people just deny everything you say no matter what, even if you have undeniable proof. That goes for anything, really, but... Politics tends to be the worst, I think.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/16/16

ChibiSymphonian wrote: Politics tends to be the worst, I think.
well in most service jobs its mostly a golden rule about not talking about that with customers for a very good reason and could insted say something like "isn't the weather nice today?" or something.

45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


ChibiSymphonian wrote: Politics tends to be the worst, I think.
well in most service jobs its mostly a golden rule about not talking about that with customers for a very good reason and could insted say something like "isn't the weather nice today?" or something.



Yeah, that makes sense. I work in a hotel, and I'd never bring up politics to the customers. I usually try to ask how their trip was or something, but sometimes we put the news on the TV in the lobby and it'll be more focused on one of the parties. The customer either sighs and goes on a rant or starts cheering, haha. It's pretty weird, but to each their own I guess!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.