First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you celebrate your birthday?
49485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
Spend day with family and evening drinks with friends.
190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
I don't celebrate my birthday, it's just another day for me; also I find cake and most desserts awful and give me a stomach ache
19260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
It's just another day. I don't care much for drinking or partying, so I stay home.
Posted 6/16/16
I have never had a birthday party. Not even a 'Happy Birthday' from my parents so I just stay home and do what I normally do
20811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/17/16

Velvet_Crowe wrote:

I have never had a birthday party. Not even a 'Happy Birthday' from my parents so I just stay home and do what I normally do


o_o thats awful :c
13579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
400 + guests what in the fuck.
45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
Most of the time my parents were always busy with work, and I didn't have many friends, so I never had a proper birthday party. My friend used to spend the night when I was a kid. Nowadays, I sort of celebrate it like a normal day. Sometimes I might go eat out to a restaurant I don't normally eat at, or try and relax and play games all day since I can't normally... Just a day to treat myself.
27281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
i dont really.
7898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 6/17/16

KisaiGate wrote:

400+ guests at your birthday party? Im jealous, i wish I knew that many people to pitch together a huge celebration. If it were up to me it'd be a LAN party or an outing to a concert, fancy restaurant, or what have you.

If you ask me, do something you find fun that you dont get to do often, and bring a few close friends, probably the best you can manage.


I was thinking to just relax, go out to eat the whole day, buy something for myself and get drinks until I get myself tipsy. Then eventually respond to any phone calls or messages pertaining to my "happy" birthday.



GrandMasterTime wrote:

400 + guests what in the fuck.


Let me clarify. I did NOT know all of those 400+ guests during my birthdays. They were really just relatives, employees and associates of the family, and their families. I guess they were people that felt obliged to show up to appease office politics. What kid would even know 400 people? lol. Which is why I found it stupidly annoying. I'm definitely not that popular to know that many people at one time.

1246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
My family buys me a cake and gives me a few gifts. It's fine. I've never been that into huge parties because I'm a terrible host. I don't really enjoy getting random phone calls from people who've never talked to me before and are apparently relatives. *shrug* I turn 16 this year, and I doubt I'll make it a big deal like a lot of girls do.
8577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Whale Island
Offline
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
I don't celebrate it, It's pretty much just a normal day to me. Might treat myself to some junk food as a gift for surviving the year.
17522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
I don't. I only know 2 people in real life that I could consider friends. I am not a person that loves hanging out with a group of people. I only actively hang out with the two guys I mentioned before, and that's maybe once every 2-3 weeks.
18914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F / Reston, VA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
My family usually takes me out to eat and buys a cake. Most recently my sister's been taking me out to Cheesecake Factory on my birthday since my parents moved away when they retired.

My ex-husband thought my birthday was an awesome day to tell me he wanted a divorce and that he wanted it because he was having an affair. Gee thanks honey.
2654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
I'm a really social person, so it's usually a juggling act as I have lots of small groups of friends... I have a Birthday WEEK! It almost always involves food and wine though!

Last year I:
Went for dinner with an old friend - Got plastered and had an impromptu house party
Had a fancy ass lunch with a good friend (she paid!)
Went to the seaside for brunch (extravagance is what birthdays are made of)
Had steaks and wine with my bestie
Aaaannnd a slap up Thai meal with three buddies, followed by enough wine to sink a ship.

I usually feel a stone heavier when the week is out.

Although this year... I may go to Japan!
7898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 6/17/16

Nalaniel wrote:

I don't. I only know 2 people in real life that I could consider friends. I am not a person that loves hanging out with a group of people. I only actively hang out with the two guys I mentioned before, and that's maybe once every 2-3 weeks.


I am also not the type of person that loves to hang out with a group of people. Let alone a big group of people. Or being inside a circle of a group of people, asking me questions that I don't feel comfortable asking. :unsure:




sasarahsept wrote:

My family buys me a cake and gives me a few gifts. It's fine. I've never been that into huge parties because I'm a terrible host. I don't really enjoy getting random phone calls from people who've never talked to me before and are apparently relatives. *shrug* I turn 16 this year, and I doubt I'll make it a big deal like a lot of girls do.


I don't enjoy the random phone calls either! I usually turn off my phones and wifi on my birthday to avoid it.




Razor_Girl wrote:

My family usually takes me out to eat and buys a cake. Most recently my sister's been taking me out to Cheesecake Factory on my birthday since my parents moved away when they retired.

My ex-husband thought my birthday was an awesome day to tell me he wanted a divorce and that he wanted it because he was having an affair. Gee thanks honey.


That's terrible! It's bad enough to learn about it on any other day, but on your birthday? Wow.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.