First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you unwind?
2654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
So, I get pretty stressed from time to time, and I definitely have a set routine I follow when I'm trying to de-stress.
I clean like a maniac, shower, light candles and... drink wine in my resplendent palace of tranquil.
I wondered how other CR users like to unwind!

Ps: Wank jokes are boring. Let's try to rise above! (After all, that's what my harem is for)
20813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
I nap.
Posted 6/17/16
Music stressed or not music is life and helps keep me nice and calm and relaxed.
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bristol, UK
Offline
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
Isolated from the world with my headphones in and a giant cup of freshly made coffee (or wine) in my hands.
Posted 6/17/16
I Don't really, which is why I'm so fucking stressed all the time.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 6/17/16
I head straight to the shower, turn up the steam, and lather up to wash the nasty memories of the day off.
I might come out and take a shot or two of whatever I have (whiskey, gin, vodka, etc.).
If I'm really in a foul state of mind, I tend to consume an edible brownie or caramel, to get my mind flowing with more positive vibes.
If I'm pent up, I might just head to the gym or the dance studio and get to cracking on the shaping and toning of le corps.

During the weekends, I go out and eat, learning about wine, so whatever nice place has good pairings. Then I hop around different locations and end up slightly too unwound.

2654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/17/16

1stladyent wrote:

I head straight to the shower, turn up the steam, and lather up to wash the nasty memories of the day off.
I might come out and take a shot or two of whatever I have (whiskey, gin, vodka, etc.).
If I'm really in a foul state of mind, I tend to consume an edible brownie or caramel, to get my mind flowing with more positive vibes.
If I'm pent up, I might just head to the gym or the dance studio and get to cracking on the shaping and toning of le corps.

During the weekends, I go out and eat, learning about wine, so whatever nice place has good pairings. Then I hop around different locations and end up slightly too unwound.



Totally feel you on 'washing the day off' as it were!
There's no such thing as too unwound...

Posted 6/17/16
Taking a shower definitely helps. I do this too.
Other than that, I listen to music or take a nap; maybe watch a movie.
8780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Online
Posted 6/17/16

DazaiShinju wrote:

So, I get pretty stressed from time to time, and I definitely have a set routine I follow when I'm trying to de-stress.
I clean like a maniac, shower, light candles and... drink wine in my resplendent palace of tranquil.
I wondered how other CR users like to unwind!

Ps: Wank jokes are boring. Let's try to rise above! (After all, that's what my harem is for)


Read about quantum mechanics.

Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
I don't, because I don't get that wound up to begin with.
4682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16
It really depends on the stress level...
Usually goes like this.
Come home chug a beer. 3 vodka shots really quick. Shake it off. Get on my bike and ride around, or just go running. Get back to the house, strip down, and put on some piano music. Jump in the shower close my eyes and position the sprayer inches from my face. Grab another beer and head out onto my back porch in my briefs. Put in my ear buds, put on some very calming chill music with very relaxing vocals, and just lean back close my eyes and swing back and forth.

Sometimes I can just go play some billiards, go out shopping, or go to the theater. But sometimes I just don't want to go anywhere and just hide in my house. No one to bother me. (well except my cat haha)
2654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/17/16

Ocale wrote:

I don't, because I don't get that wound up to begin with.


Teach me, senpai.

But really, how?

2654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/17/16

Gutzies wrote:

It really depends on the stress level...
Usually goes like this.
Come home chug a beer. 3 vodka shots really quick. Shake it off. Get on my bike and ride around, or just go running. Get back to the house, strip down, and put on some piano music. Jump in the shower close my eyes and position the sprayer inches from my face. Grab another beer and head out onto my back porch in my briefs. Put in my ear buds, put on some very calming chill music with very relaxing vocals, and just lean back close my eyes and swing back and forth.

Sometimes I can just go play some billiards, go out shopping, or go to the theater. But sometimes I just don't want to go anywhere and just hide in my house. No one to bother me. (well except my cat haha)


That's a very complex order of business. I just Clean, shower and get drunk. I also like to indulge in singing some sad/angry songs. It's like a one person asylum here when something really winds me up.

Posted 6/17/16
I'm stress free. When I was a teenager I would listen to music.
Posted 6/17/16 , edited 6/17/16

DazaiShinju wrote:

Teach me, senpai.

But really, how?



Genuine apathy and confidence in myself and my abilities to handle situations thrown at me.

Occasionally, I get frustrated, but it's often because I'm just hungry and/or tired.

Once I get to the point of frustration where I begin to take out my rage on things, like slamming something on my desk instead of just setting it there, I start doing a little dance while laughing at myself for letting myself act like a child. The dancing part is kind of a reminder of how good my mood could be. It's as if I'm looking at the other end of the happiness/anger spectrum and pointing out to myself that doing a stupid dance is as stupid and makes just as big of a fool of myself as acting all angry. In response to my self mockery, I'll usually instantly calm down, almost as if to prove a point to myself that I have control, and in a sense, I do.

I don't really do anything that could cause stress, either.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.