First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply What Do You Think Of This Review Rant?
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/18/16 , edited 6/18/16


Sexual Harassment: The Animation (Anime is Himegoto if you didn't know.)

Seriously guys? This anime is travesty. A complete and utter crime against humanity. We lament over how anime "objectifies" women to mere romantic and sexual objects, from to the notorious Eiken to the more popular High School DxD (Which had a protagonist that did skirt some sexual harassment issues, but I digress.) Yet when it comes to the topic of cross dressers, transgenders, and unfortunately a great deal of men, sirens don't go off automatically. Yet I ask you this. Did anything, most anything the student council did to Hime, occur with Hime's consent? No, it did not. Yet we are unfortunately subjected to the constant abuse and sexual degradation of Hime, whose only sin was being a cuter "girl" than they were. It isn't funny at all. Yet most people find it funny, cause LOL transgenders, cross dressers, and the such. It's just hypocrisy at best to decry anime for being sexist against women yet enjoying this mean spirited exercise into debauchery. You may be saying "It's just an anime", and you're right, it is just an anime. Yet as women are thought to be more prone to the sexual excesses of the world, so are those who skirt the line between man and woman, those like Hime or Alluka Zoldyck from HxH or the Okama from Gintama.

Isn't it too much to ask for comedy that doesn't demean these people as yet another joke to be had?

Though to defend this anime, I watched the ending and was fairly impressed with Hime demanding respect. That doesn't redeem the previous episodes, but at least the show acknowledged that yes, it was sexual harassment, and yes, it is important for the council to treat him like a human being.

Try these animes for those that respect similar kin.

Hunter x Hunter
Gintama
Princess Jellyfish
Possibly Ouran High School
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/18/16
Yea you pretty much answered it in your own paragraph,

"It's just an anime"

The fact you say an anime is a complete and utter crime against humanity leaves a lot to be desired.
Posted 6/18/16
Nothing.
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/18/16

HighRoller- wrote:

Yea you pretty much answered it in your own paragraph,

"It's just an anime"

The fact you say an anime is a complete and utter crime against humanity leaves a lot to be desired.


That was an exaggeration. I merely desire a high level of awareness for said minority, but an anime is not going to kill them.
5974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Terra Australis (...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

CreatorTheta wrote:

Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.

Do we really have to insult people? I don't see what I ever did to you.
5974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Terra Australis (...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CreatorTheta wrote:

Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.

Do we really have to insult people? I don't see what I ever did to you.


There's nothing wrong with criticism PV. All I did was call them an idiot. And what they did was attempt an ideological push of an anime.

An anime.
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16

CreatorTheta wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CreatorTheta wrote:

Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.

Do we really have to insult people? I don't see what I ever did to you.


There's nothing wrong with criticism PV. All I did was call them an idiot. And what they did was attempt an ideological push of an anime.

An anime.


Have you even watched the anime in question? And there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism in my opinion, but I find you calling me "idiotic" to be very insulting.

I wouldn't call it political per say, but rather a proclivity among people to make fun of those that they do not find normal or those they find absurd.
5974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Terra Australis (...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16
Yes, I have, because I am a critic.It's not the fact that he is criticising the work that's the problem


It's the clear political agenda that's the problem.

Also, yes, idiot is an insult, but I find his over reaction and ideological tainting to be rather idiotic and repulsive. I am not here to be nice when I feel I should criticise to disagree with such attitudes.

EDIT: When did I call YOU idiotic? You didn't do anything.....as of yet.

Posted 6/19/16
PV don't watch it if it bothers you that much. Honestly is fiction and people are into that. Here is the problem. You clearly force yourself to watch it. Your anger lies in the I want this to be treated more seriously. Even though you know there are anime out there that treat it more seriously and with respect . The show made it clear from the first episode what it is about. In another note don't watch You're Being Summoned, Azazel. Your head will explode. That show is the embodiment of zero fucks giving about offending people.
5974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Terra Australis (...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
Is this his words? Is it his review?
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16

CreatorTheta wrote:

Yes, I have, because I am a critic.It's not the fact that he is criticising the work that's the problem


It's the clear political agenda that's the problem.

Also, yes, idiot is an insult, but I find his over reaction and ideological tainting to be rather idiotic and repulsive. I am not here to be nice when I feel I should criticise to disagree with such attitudes.


I don't see how it is a clear political agenda rather than ruminating on how anime as a medium tends to demean people like Hideyoshi or or those in Mariaholic. What people's entertainment is like is a way to assess common cultural attitudes across the populace. My thesis is essentially that people in a country such as Japan tend to demean transgenders, whether it be humor or pornography delegating them to sexual objects.

I don't see anywhere where you had to insult me by calling me idiotic. Asking if I had a bias would've suffice. Though in all honesty? I don't see transgenders as a "political" discussion, but rather one of humanity at that. All too often we would accuse certain movies and shows of being racist against certain groups, from the detergent brand commercial from China to cries against Roth's The Green Inferno for its depiction of Amazon native tribes, yet when it comes to transgender and various other LGBT topics, suddenly labeling the discussion political doesn't seem so wrong to people. Why is that? I believe it is due to deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes against said people that all too often influences what we consider political and thus highly controversial and things that are essentially common sense. Not that I disagree with the fact that it is controversial, but rather that my stance was assumed because of political bias or allegiance to the democrats. It is not. I'm not arguing in support of political groups or even groups that support LGBT and such, but rather one as I see as basic civil rights.


Now that I cleared it up, have you actually SEEN the anime Himegoto?


It is essentially about a person who is forced to cross dress by a lascivious student council because he happens to be good at it, and forced into a deal of situations that make him uncomfortable. It is 4 minute segments on Crunchyroll, so I urge you to see it.

Also, you called me an idiot right about....

CreatorTheta wrote:

Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.

Here. Jesus christ, can you be a little nicer? You're too haughty for a 17 year old.
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

PV don't watch it if it bothers you that much. Honestly is fiction and people are into that. Here is the problem. You clearly force yourself to watch it. Your anger lies in the I want this to be treated more seriously. Even though you know there are anime out there that treat it more seriously and with respect . The show made it clear from the first episode what it is about. In another note don't watch You're Being Summoned, Azazel. Your head will explode. That show is the embodiment of zero fucks giving about offending people.


I like raging. Also, I liked Azazel. Like Southpark, it makes no special cases, and although I find the humor in Azazel to be less "political" (Southpark has gotten more ideological over these few years.) I think it was a good show. However, to decry southpark , the episode Mr. Garrison Sex Change who message was "transgenders are mentally ill to mutilate their bodies" (I find it hard to interpret it as anything else, but I am listening) and I was like fuck it, it is gross for the balls in knee scenario, and the fact that it isn't rooted in fact nor is supported by anything satirical logic, makes me believe it to be the worst episode. Occasionally, Southpark makes fun of zealots without really noting the cause, which is fun and all, but it feels like missed examination to me.
5974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Terra Australis (...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CreatorTheta wrote:

Yes, I have, because I am a critic.It's not the fact that he is criticising the work that's the problem


It's the clear political agenda that's the problem.

Also, yes, idiot is an insult, but I find his over reaction and ideological tainting to be rather idiotic and repulsive. I am not here to be nice when I feel I should criticise to disagree with such attitudes.


I don't see how it is a clear political agenda rather than ruminating on how anime as a medium tends to demean people like Hideyoshi or or those in Mariaholic. What people's entertainment is like is a way to assess common cultural attitudes across the populace. My thesis is essentially that people in a country such as Japan tend to demean transgenders, whether it be humor or pornography delegating them to sexual objects.

I don't see anywhere where you had to insult me by calling me idiotic. Asking if I had a bias would've suffice. Though in all honesty? I don't see transgenders as a "political" discussion, but rather one of humanity at that. All too often we would accuse certain movies and shows of being racist against certain groups, from the detergent brand commercial from China to cries against Roth's The Green Inferno for its depiction of Amazon native tribes, yet when it comes to transgender and various other LGBT topics, suddenly labeling the discussion political doesn't seem so wrong to people. Why is that? I believe it is due to deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes against said people that all too often influences what we consider political and thus highly controversial and things that are essentially common sense. Not that I disagree with the fact that it is controversial, but rather that my stance was assumed because of political bias or allegiance to the democrats. It is not. I'm not arguing in support of political groups or even groups that support LGBT and such, but rather one as I see as basic civil rights.


Now that I cleared it up, have you actually SEEN the anime Himegoto?


It is essentially about a person who is forced to cross dress by a lascivious student council because he happens to be good at it, and forced into a deal of situations that make him uncomfortable. It is 4 minute segments on Crunchyroll, so I urge you to see it.

Also, you called me an idiot right about....

CreatorTheta wrote:

Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.

Here. Jesus christ, can you be a little nicer? You're too haughty for a 17 year old.


Okay, let me get into this in a simple way. A, The people the reviewer talks about are ideologues who think similar to him but on a different side. If you think I am referring to you because you believe a similar stance, then yes, I am calling you an idiot. No, I don't need to be nicer in criticism, because I wish to criticise stupid ideas. If you don't then I didn't call YOU, an idiot....yet. Until later in this comment, in which I do because you ideas are stupid.


Now, I am going to dissect your comment.



I don't see how it is a clear political agenda rather than ruminating on how anime as a medium tends to demean people like Hideyoshi or or those in Mariaholic. What people's entertainment is like is a way to assess common cultural attitudes across the populace. My thesis is essentially that people in a country such as Japan tend to demean transgenders, whether it be humor or pornography delegating them to sexual objects.


I do believe that topics such as transgenderism is a social political topic. I do think Japan has some....rather incorrect ideas, but I don't think tansgenderism is one of them.
Humor......bloody hell, you don't like jokes. Don't tell me you are one of those people who attempt to tell people that they can't make jokes, jokes that clearly aren't intended to harm the people. Seriously......you completely ignore intent.
As for....porn.....well, I disagree also. It's a fetish, and the person is a person. Stop dehumanising the person just because they are core focus of sex.


I don't see transgenders as a "political" discussion, but rather one of humanity at that.


It is a Social Political topic. It is clearly, and you applying it under the label of "humanity" is completely unneeded. Each and every topic is a topic of humanity, you are purposely giving this label to give this topic more importance.


yet when it comes to transgender and various other LGBT topics, suddenly labeling the discussion political doesn't seem so wrong to people. Why is that? I believe it is due to deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes against said people that all too often influences what we consider political and thus highly controversial and things that are essentially common sense. Not that I disagree with the fact that it is controversial, but rather that my stance was assumed because of political bias or allegiance to the democrats. It is not. I'm not arguing in support of political groups or even groups that support LGBT and such, but rather one as I see as basic civil rights.


It is BLOODY POLITICAL. Transgenderism is a very serious topic that also entails legislation in regards to them. And you are treating this issue as if being political is inherently bad, which I disagree with. This issue has alot of different aspects that need analysing and you are simply cast it off as a simple common sense thing. And now, you claim it's clearly controversial, yet it's not political despite the discussion on legislation such as toilets in regards to them? Also, deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes? Look, it seems you are very much within the far left, aren't you.

Also, I see you seem to be taking steps around what exactly you think transgender people want. Tell me, what "basic civil rights" do you think they want? Tell me what you think of transgender people in general then.



Now that I cleared it up, have you actually SEEN the anime Himegoto?

It is essentially about a person who is forced to cross dress by a lascivious student council because he happens to be good at it, and forced into a deal of situations that make him uncomfortable. It is 4 minute segments on Crunchyroll, so I urge you to see it.


I have. I hated it. But, it's a comedy, it's not meant to be taken seriously nor represent all trans people. Stop being a collectivist, you take away individual agency from the people.

You. Are. An. Idiot.


8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

CreatorTheta wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


CreatorTheta wrote:

Yes, I have, because I am a critic.It's not the fact that he is criticising the work that's the problem


It's the clear political agenda that's the problem.

Also, yes, idiot is an insult, but I find his over reaction and ideological tainting to be rather idiotic and repulsive. I am not here to be nice when I feel I should criticise to disagree with such attitudes.


I don't see how it is a clear political agenda rather than ruminating on how anime as a medium tends to demean people like Hideyoshi or or those in Mariaholic. What people's entertainment is like is a way to assess common cultural attitudes across the populace. My thesis is essentially that people in a country such as Japan tend to demean transgenders, whether it be humor or pornography delegating them to sexual objects.

I don't see anywhere where you had to insult me by calling me idiotic. Asking if I had a bias would've suffice. Though in all honesty? I don't see transgenders as a "political" discussion, but rather one of humanity at that. All too often we would accuse certain movies and shows of being racist against certain groups, from the detergent brand commercial from China to cries against Roth's The Green Inferno for its depiction of Amazon native tribes, yet when it comes to transgender and various other LGBT topics, suddenly labeling the discussion political doesn't seem so wrong to people. Why is that? I believe it is due to deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes against said people that all too often influences what we consider political and thus highly controversial and things that are essentially common sense. Not that I disagree with the fact that it is controversial, but rather that my stance was assumed because of political bias or allegiance to the democrats. It is not. I'm not arguing in support of political groups or even groups that support LGBT and such, but rather one as I see as basic civil rights.


Now that I cleared it up, have you actually SEEN the anime Himegoto?


It is essentially about a person who is forced to cross dress by a lascivious student council because he happens to be good at it, and forced into a deal of situations that make him uncomfortable. It is 4 minute segments on Crunchyroll, so I urge you to see it.

Also, you called me an idiot right about....

CreatorTheta wrote:

Well, PV, I think the reviewer and the people the review discuss

Are both idiotic.

Here. Jesus christ, can you be a little nicer? You're too haughty for a 17 year old.


Okay, let me get into this in a simple way. A, The people the reviewer talks about are ideologues who think similar to him but on a different side. If you think I am referring to you because you believe a similar stance, then yes, I am calling you an idiot. No, I don't need to be nicer in criticism, because I wish to criticise stupid ideas. If you don't then I didn't call YOU, an idiot....yet. Until later in this comment, in which I do because you ideas are stupid.


Now, I am going to dissect your comment.




I don't see how it is a clear political agenda rather than ruminating on how anime as a medium tends to demean people like Hideyoshi or or those in Mariaholic. What people's entertainment is like is a way to assess common cultural attitudes across the populace. My thesis is essentially that people in a country such as Japan tend to demean transgenders, whether it be humor or pornography delegating them to sexual objects.

I do believe that topics such as transgenderism is a social political topic. I do think Japan has some....rather incorrect ideas, but I don't think tansgenderism is one of them.
Humor......bloody hell, you don't like jokes. Don't tell me you are one of those people who attempt to tell people that they can't make jokes, jokes that clearly aren't intended to harm the people. Seriously......you completely ignore intent.
As for....porn.....well, I disagree also. It's a fetish, and the person is a person. Stop dehumanising the person just because they are core focus of sex.

I don't see transgenders as a "political" discussion, but rather one of humanity at that.

It is a Social Political topic. It is clearly, and you applying it under the label of "humanity" is completely unneeded. Each and every topic is a topic of humanity, you are purposely giving this label to give this topic more importance.

yet when it comes to transgender and various other LGBT topics, suddenly labeling the discussion political doesn't seem so wrong to people. Why is that? I believe it is due to deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes against said people that all too often influences what we consider political and thus highly controversial and things that are essentially common sense. Not that I disagree with the fact that it is controversial, but rather that my stance was assumed because of political bias or allegiance to the democrats. It is not. I'm not arguing in support of political groups or even groups that support LGBT and such, but rather one as I see as basic civil rights.

It is BLOODY POLITICAL. Transgenderism is a very serious topic that also entails legislation in regards to them. And you are treating this issue as if being political is inherently bad, which I disagree with. This issue has alot of different aspects that need analysing and you are simply cast it off as a simple common sense thing. And now, you claim it's clearly controversial, yet it's not political despite the discussion on legislation such as toilets in regards to them? Also, deep seeded prejudices and stereotypes? Look, it seems you are very much within the far left, aren't you.


Also, I see you seem to be taking steps around what exactly you think transgender people want. Tell me, what "basic civil rights" do you think they want? Tell me what you think of transgender people in general then.


Now that I cleared it up, have you actually SEEN the anime Himegoto?


It is essentially about a person who is forced to cross dress by a lascivious student council because he happens to be good at it, and forced into a deal of situations that make him uncomfortable. It is 4 minute segments on Crunchyroll, so I urge you to see it.

I have. I hated it. But, it's a comedy, it's not meant to be taken seriously nor represent all trans people. Stop being a collectivist, you take away individual agency from the people.

You. Are. An. Idiot.



Ah, so that's what you mean by political. I'll keep that in mind. Though I believe you applied political as an insult, because you see the animation in question as being sorely of the non political sort. I disagree. I believe it is in a long trend of media in Japan where LGBT people are treats as joke material sorely for their sexuality and gender identity and not for their characters or anything else. It amounts to "Haha, he is gay" and I believe in changing social attitudes on that, through awareness and not by legislation (Although I do believe in that to an extent for some rights, but in terms of changing attitudes? Can't legislate that.) I'm simply asking for more awareness of the issue, but I won't "force" it.


I also disagree with the whole "take it in stride, it's a comedy". I find it to be a bit of a cop out, especially when said twelve 4 minute episodes revolve around said person being harassed, forced into cosplay, nearly left to be raped by the student council (Which I admit, does cause a good turning point.) Especially considering the amount of abuse men and transgenders take but is pushed under the rug. It's a dead horse of a previous generation, and simply I believe reinforces attitudes towards transgenders, or in Southparks case, against. Though now that I think about it, I do agree with the "it's a comedy" to an extent.

Though I'm all up for humor, the fact is, I think sexual harassment, especially of men and transgenders, is a very serious topic.

Also, you called me an idiot again.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.