First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply anybody like punk rock?
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16
now, I'm not referring to pop-punk bands like blink 182 or green day, but classic punk acts

personally, i love bad brains, the buzzcocks, black flag, the stooges, the cramps, fugazi, L7, the gits, minor threat etc
255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / MD
Offline
Posted 6/26/16 , edited 6/26/16
Hell yeah man! I love black flag, the descendents, ramones, and TSOL. Im going to see the descendents in october and super excited! Great to see a fellow punk comrade
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/27/16

ah0tp0tat0 wrote:

Hell yeah man! I love black flag, the descendents, ramones, and TSOL. Im going to see the descendents in october and super excited! Great to see a fellow punk comrade


if I got the chance to see one punk act live, I would choose to see bad brains back when they were in their prime. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing fugazi or rollins band either.
255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / MD
Offline
Posted 6/27/16

electricdoomfire wrote:


ah0tp0tat0 wrote:

Hell yeah man! I love black flag, the descendents, ramones, and TSOL. Im going to see the descendents in october and super excited! Great to see a fellow punk comrade


if I got the chance to see one punk act live, I would choose to see bad brains back when they were in their prime. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing fugazi or rollins band either.


I really want the misfits, black flag, and descendents all in one tour that would be my dream punk concert there
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/27/16

ah0tp0tat0 wrote:


electricdoomfire wrote:


ah0tp0tat0 wrote:

Hell yeah man! I love black flag, the descendents, ramones, and TSOL. Im going to see the descendents in october and super excited! Great to see a fellow punk comrade


if I got the chance to see one punk act live, I would choose to see bad brains back when they were in their prime. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing fugazi or rollins band either.


I really want the misfits, black flag, and descendents all in one tour that would be my dream punk concert there


yeah, I love all those guys. I wouldn't mind seeing husker du perform live if they ever got back together
255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / MD
Offline
Posted 6/27/16

electricdoomfire wrote:


ah0tp0tat0 wrote:


electricdoomfire wrote:


ah0tp0tat0 wrote:

Hell yeah man! I love black flag, the descendents, ramones, and TSOL. Im going to see the descendents in october and super excited! Great to see a fellow punk comrade


if I got the chance to see one punk act live, I would choose to see bad brains back when they were in their prime. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing fugazi or rollins band either.


I really want the misfits, black flag, and descendents all in one tour that would be my dream punk concert there


yeah, I love all those guys. I wouldn't mind seeing husker du perform live if they ever got back together


I really hope the real misfits will stay together. I actually haven't listened to husker du I think I'll give em a listen to. What album wold you recommend I try

512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/27/16
I got invited to one concert I think the band was mad sin they where awesome , that was a long time ago
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/27/16

ah0tp0tat0 wrote:


electricdoomfire wrote:


ah0tp0tat0 wrote:


electricdoomfire wrote:


ah0tp0tat0 wrote:

Hell yeah man! I love black flag, the descendents, ramones, and TSOL. Im going to see the descendents in october and super excited! Great to see a fellow punk comrade


if I got the chance to see one punk act live, I would choose to see bad brains back when they were in their prime. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing fugazi or rollins band either.


I really want the misfits, black flag, and descendents all in one tour that would be my dream punk concert there


yeah, I love all those guys. I wouldn't mind seeing husker du perform live if they ever got back together


I really hope the real misfits will stay together. I actually haven't listened to husker du I think I'll give em a listen to. What album wold you recommend I try



I haven't listen to any album of theirs fully, but I have heard many of their songs. Their early stuff is hardcore punk whereas their later stuff is alternative rock with punk ethos. Their most popular album is Zen Arcade, but I would recommend New Day Rising and make sure to listen to the title track and a track called Celebrated Summer. Give it a listen and see what you think. Share your opinion with me
364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Planet of Glass
Offline
Posted 6/28/16
Amebix, TSOL, The Sound, Discharge, NoMeansNo, The Minutemen, Ramones, Misfits, Antisect... man, I'm missing some major ones. But yeah, I love late 70's - early 80's punk; from the crusty to the poppy.
364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Planet of Glass
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
OH! Fugazi / Embrace / Rites of Spring. And Void, Scream & 80's - early 90's Bad Religion. Do The Replacements count? Because they're one of my favorite bands.
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

JagaJazzin wrote:

OH! Fugazi / Embrace / Rites of Spring. And Void, Scream & 80's - early 90's Bad Religion. Do The Replacements count? Because they're one of my favorite bands.


the replacements are more alt-rock. their early days were heavily punk influenced like husker du, but they themselves changed their sound to a more alt-rock style.
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

JagaJazzin wrote:

Amebix, TSOL, The Sound, Discharge, NoMeansNo, The Minutemen, Ramones, Misfits, Antisect... man, I'm missing some major ones. But yeah, I love late 70's - early 80's punk; from the crusty to the poppy.


it is also cool to look into the early years of punk during the early 70s and late 60s. Bands like the mc5, new York dolls, and the stooges are great too.

Posted 7/6/16

I used to frequent punk shows which is where in my opinion the best punk music comes from. The real and raw music that always has a message that's what punk is all about it was a movement. Though I do like some well known bands like The Misfits, The Dead Kennedys, Anthrax, The Distillers etc. I could go on of course. I don't listen to it often unless I'm in the mood I'd rather be physically at a show. Sadly, the scene around here has completely died. Young idiots destroyed all our venues and garage and basement shows don't exist anymore. I would give a leg to have a venue again.
1233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / ya mum's house
Offline
Posted 7/6/16

SpooksMcgooks wrote:


I used to frequent punk shows which is where in my opinion the best punk music comes from. The real and raw music that always has a message that's what punk is all about it was a movement. Though I do like some well known bands like The Misfits, The Dead Kennedys, Anthrax, The Distillers etc. I could go on of course. I don't listen to it often unless I'm in the mood I'd rather be physically at a show. Sadly, the scene around here has completely died. Young idiots destroyed all our venues and garage and basement shows don't exist anymore. I would give a leg to have a venue again.


yeah punk rock was always about going against the grain and being as open about your feeling as you want and not caring what the establishment thinks. However, punk really declined once punk rock became the opposite. Bands like green day and blink 182 became the norm and started playing at huge venues and being played on the radio constantly. what was supposed to be anti-commercial became commercial and the whole thing was bogged down. It became more about simplistic songwriting and fast tempo than actual message.
Posted 7/7/16
Oh I agree but, there's still an underground scene. One of my favorite current punk bands is G.L.O.S.S or Girls Living Outside Society's Sh**. They have an amazing message in their songs. A lot of stuff on Bandcamp is great too. I love that Bandcamp exists to support bands that really love music and just want to get their stuff out there. Punk isn't dead it's just not in the forefront anymore it's where it should be, in the venues and bars.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.