First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The College That Wants to Ban ‘History’
Ejanss 
16145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

The author seems fairly bias, though moderately so in terms of saying these courses have much to offer, but it still bothers me.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/contributors/robby-soave.html

you don't say


Ah, the net's favorite pro-Trump fearmongering hangout...What WOULD attention-seeking GD link-pimps do without it?


MdRam wrote:

I think it's referring to the fact that History begins with His...
I'm not sure which reason is worse.


Well, that one's pretty bad especially seeing as:


The word history comes ultimately from Ancient Greek ἱστορία[12] (historía), meaning "inquiry","knowledge from inquiry", or "judge".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History#Etymology


Hey, how about that? It doesn't come from "His (white-male supremacy)-story", like we were all paranoid to think it did!
Gee, guess that makes us, uh, wait, what's that word I'm thinking of?--Oh, yeah, I remember: WRONG!

(It's sort of ironic to call it "Politically correct", when most of it drops its facts on the floor spectacularly?
I mean, what are they going to do next for an encore, misquote Tropic Thunder?)
11181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
Problem is, this is a tax funded school. I don't want my tax dollars going to shit like this.

17069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
The stupidity of this post is appalling. Cut the tax dollars and shut it down if this goes through.

This whole sjw triggered thing needs to stop, blinding yourself from reality cause nothing but problems.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
...

This is a parody right?


Otherwise....hollllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt....... and the fact that this would make a good dystopian sci fi story.
14388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

VZ68 wrote:

Problem is, this is a tax funded school. I don't want my tax dollars going to shit like this.



This.

Its one thing to go spread your propaganda in your own private spaces. You are well within your rights to do that. Its another thing completely to be doing it on my dollar (or anyone's dollar but your own).

Besides, isn't the idea of segregated dorms illegal? I don't see how anyone plans to get away with this...
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

sundin13 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

Problem is, this is a tax funded school. I don't want my tax dollars going to shit like this.



This.

Its one thing to go spread your propaganda in your own private spaces. You are well within your rights to do that. Its another thing completely to be doing it on my dollar (or anyone's dollar but your own).

Besides, isn't the idea of segregated dorms illegal? I don't see how anyone plans to get away with this...


I'm pretty sure this isn't the 50s anymore with the segregated dorms....


And yeah, I wouldn't want my tax money to be funding this. I'm all for diversity and education, but this seriously sounds like terrorism to me.
10645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 6/19/16
What the hell is going on in america?
5265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

octorockandroll wrote:

What the hell is going on in america?


PC culture.
Posted 6/19/16
Good, history is zzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted 6/19/16

maniackillah wrote:

I'm so tired of social justice warriors and the progressive left.


I am too.
vic890 
7469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

Ejanss 
16145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Good, history is zzzzzzzzzzzz


And just so we can all have a good disparaging snicker at your millennialism, what's "interesting"?
Sogno- 
47637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 6/19/16 , edited 6/19/16
great found a place to send all the Tumblr kids to and i can rest happy in my anime gifs
Posted 6/19/16

Ejanss wrote:

And just so we can all have a good disparaging snicker at your millennialism, what's "interesting"?


Really dank memes.
5265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/16

Sogno- wrote:

great found a place to send all the Tumblr kids to and i can rest happy in my anime gifs


Agreed.




Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

And just so we can all have a good disparaging snicker at your millennialism, what's "interesting"?


Really dank memes.


I do like dank memes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.