First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Nissan Skyline GTR
Posted 2/12/08

smfqlc0102 wrote:
First of all... your typing SUCKS O_O
no offence.
and a Skyline makes a Skyline because it's a Skyline?
I mean.. how would you know what makes a Skyline a Skyline? = =??


well skyline was big because of its history when they made the skyline R32 back in 1988 for a competition which it took first place in, they decided to manufacture it and it won another one or two race competitions. Later it was used in abunch of movies with keiichi tsuchiya called Shuto Kousoku Trial 2,3,4 and 5 (1st movie used R31 and 6th used R33) It was over hyped by the drift king and led people to believe that anyone who bought it would be able to be as good as the Drift King.

I think that's what he is talking about.. but if he means prior to the R31/R32 than I don't know specifically what he's referring to.
Posted 2/12/08

chocuqueen wrote:

R34 is illegal at my place.. street racing.. and i heard that R33 is going to be legal soon.. not sure..thats what i heard..
ya so many of my friends likes SKYLINE. always looking at craiglist to see if theres skyline for sale.- - '' omg..
yeah.. hahaha


yes, Canada has an import ban on any vehicle imported that is less than 15 years since manufacture date. America has the same restriction only they set it to 5 years. Hence the whole Evo X being first to canada.

It really sucks that we had to miss out on the Lancer Evo8.
Posted 2/12/08

ultimasephirothx wrote:

240sx-mayn wrote:

chocuqueen wrote:
R34 is illegal at my place.. street racing.. and i heard that R33 is going to be legal soon.. not sure..thats what i heard..
ya so many of my friends likes SKYLINE. always looking at craiglist to see if theres skyline for sale.- - '' omg..
yeah.. hahaha


lucky...i would buy a R33 if they would be admitted in the states, and i dont see me buy the new GTR, the close thing i can get is there motor which thats the best part :)


It's the emissions that usually make Slylines illegal.

A skyline is a Skyline because of of numerous factors.
1. Commonly, it has a blocky build
2. It comes with a 6 cylinder
3. It has to be heavy as hell
4. There are more, but I'm hella lazy.

What I'm saying is, a G35 is NOT A SKYLINE!!!
Yeah, I get pissed off when my brother keeps calling his G35 a Skyline.


lol its because Infiniti is owned by Nissan and they trying to use it as a marketing ploy.

Though Smoky Nakata made himself a "skyline" out of the Infiniti G35 called a CV35.
It looked so sexy! Twin Turbo, V8, VK45 engine, Carbon Fiber..

Though for how much he spent on it i'd rather put it in a car with a wider engine bay and more aesthetic appeal.
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/12/08

GreekCotan wrote:


chocuqueen wrote:

R34 is illegal at my place.. street racing.. and i heard that R33 is going to be legal soon.. not sure..thats what i heard..
ya so many of my friends likes SKYLINE. always looking at craiglist to see if theres skyline for sale.- - '' omg..
yeah.. hahaha


yes, Canada has an import ban on any vehicle imported that is less than 15 years since manufacture date. America has the same restriction only they set it to 5 years. Hence the whole Evo X being first to canada.

It really sucks that we had to miss out on the Lancer Evo8.


Unless you know someone in the states and you have them buy and register it for you. Then you just drive it across the boarder.
Posted 2/12/08

lasthope05 wrote:

GreekCotan wrote:

chocuqueen wrote:
R34 is illegal at my place.. street racing.. and i heard that R33 is going to be legal soon.. not sure..thats what i heard..
ya so many of my friends likes SKYLINE. always looking at craiglist to see if theres skyline for sale.- - '' omg..
yeah.. hahaha


yes, Canada has an import ban on any vehicle imported that is less than 15 years since manufacture date. America has the same restriction only they set it to 5 years. Hence the whole Evo X being first to canada.

It really sucks that we had to miss out on the Lancer Evo8.


Unless you know someone in the states and you have them buy and register it for you. Then you just drive it across the boarder.


does that really work? I mean according to canada's laws it says you can only have an invalid vehicle (one that doesnt meet restrictions) in the country only if you specify how long it will be there and it will be reviewed to see if its allowed or something like that and it's only allowed a limit of 2 or 3 months. something like that, no?
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
is that the law over there? I've driven over the boarder a few times and all they asked me was how log I was staying thats about it. I dont really believe they record who comes over from the states like that because of our relationship between our two country's. But then again I dont drive an evo.
394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
It should work just give them some fake info and done.
1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
what made the skyline legendary is that it was one of the first japanese sports cars, it gave incredible handling, high horsepower, and clean lines (yes, they got chunky as they evolved, i blame that on the move towards LUXURY though). The Skyline dominated the JGTC for several years (same as Honda NSX which was eventually heavily penalized to make the race more fair).

you can talk trash about the skyline, and there are a lot of people who like it because of the fast and the foolish movies. but anyone who knows anything about japanese cars will vouch that they're an incredible car. sure, you can build a car to preform to its standards (and above depending on tuning and DRIVING ABILITY) but hands down its one of the best japanese sports cars build. well, up to the R-34 (to heavy and bulky for me, give me a R33 any day).

as for as the G35 being a skyline, i believe in japan they are running a twin turbo motor with AWD (dont remember the enging code, VG35TT was it?) so technically it IS a skyline since they share the same chassis here in the US. i mean, its not the same car obiously, but its like saying the 240sx hatchback isnt a 180sx (drop a red top or a ka and bam, LHD 180sx).

the G35 is just a totally re-designed body (moved to v6 TT for other market skylines as well for better fuel economy and power). i agree, i dont like the new skyline, and from what i understand its not going over to well in japan either.
i lost my train of though.
Posted 2/13/08

Aldread wrote:

what made the skyline legendary is that it was one of the first japanese sports cars, it gave incredible handling, high horsepower, and clean lines (yes, they got chunky as they evolved, i blame that on the move towards LUXURY though). The Skyline dominated the JGTC for several years (same as Honda NSX which was eventually heavily penalized to make the race more fair).

you can talk trash about the skyline, and there are a lot of people who like it because of the fast and the foolish movies. but anyone who knows anything about japanese cars will vouch that they're an incredible car. sure, you can build a car to preform to its standards (and above depending on tuning and DRIVING ABILITY) but hands down its one of the best japanese sports cars build. well, up to the R-34 (to heavy and bulky for me, give me a R33 any day).

as for as the G35 being a skyline, i believe in japan they are running a twin turbo motor with AWD (dont remember the enging code, VG35TT was it?) so technically it IS a skyline since they share the same chassis here in the US. i mean, its not the same car obiously, but its like saying the 240sx hatchback isnt a 180sx (drop a red top or a ka and bam, LHD 180sx).

the G35 is just a totally re-designed body (moved to v6 TT for other market skylines as well for better fuel economy and power). i agree, i dont like the new skyline, and from what i understand its not going over to well in japan either.
i lost my train of though.


YES FINELY someone who has the knowledge about the skylines thats what i was hoping someone would write . thats why i created this forum to help explain the history of the GTR and how it came to be such and amazing car even before the movies came to be .

2138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

GreekCotan wrote:


ultimasephirothx wrote:

240sx-mayn wrote:

chocuqueen wrote:
R34 is illegal at my place.. street racing.. and i heard that R33 is going to be legal soon.. not sure..thats what i heard..
ya so many of my friends likes SKYLINE. always looking at craiglist to see if theres skyline for sale.- - '' omg..
yeah.. hahaha


lucky...i would buy a R33 if they would be admitted in the states, and i dont see me buy the new GTR, the close thing i can get is there motor which thats the best part :)


It's the emissions that usually make Slylines illegal.

A skyline is a Skyline because of of numerous factors.
1. Commonly, it has a blocky build
2. It comes with a 6 cylinder
3. It has to be heavy as hell
4. There are more, but I'm hella lazy.

What I'm saying is, a G35 is NOT A SKYLINE!!!
Yeah, I get pissed off when my brother keeps calling his G35 a Skyline.


lol its because Infiniti is owned by Nissan and they trying to use it as a marketing ploy.

Though Smoky Nakata made himself a "skyline" out of the Infiniti G35 called a CV35.
It looked so sexy! Twin Turbo, V8, VK45 engine, Carbon Fiber..

Though for how much he spent on it i'd rather put it in a car with a wider engine bay and more aesthetic appeal.


Smokies car was a beast.. I heard he tried to make it an AWD, but couldn't fit the drivetrain...800hp, AWD- it woulda been SICK!!

7098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / NH
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
What about the G37 that just came out? Thats a Skyline isnt it?
1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

ninjainthenight wrote:

What about the G37 that just came out? Thats a Skyline isnt it?


here in the states? um, its arguable. same chassis in japan, same motor but a non turbo version, and RWD. people will argue about it both ways, for me since it has the same chasis it can be called a skyline, but not a GTR or GTS (those are both turbo only). with enough money someone could fully convert their G37 but seriously....why bother? the new models are extremely heavy, the visual asthetics have been lost to me, i love agressive boxy look of the earlier versions...they have tried to make the skyline to luxurious and have lost a lot of the sportyness and racing background that made it so great. (this happened pre R32 as well for those who arn'r familliar, the R32 was a "grass roots" skyline. R33 was a little bigger and heavier, but better AWD system, then they just balooned from there )
2193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
Nice car fast too!
Posted 2/13/08

thairocker89 wrote:

GreekCotan wrote:
lol its because Infiniti is owned by Nissan and they trying to use it as a marketing ploy.

Though Smoky Nakata made himself a "skyline" out of the Infiniti G35 called a CV35.
It looked so sexy! Twin Turbo, V8, VK45 engine, Carbon Fiber..

Though for how much he spent on it i'd rather put it in a car with a wider engine bay and more aesthetic appeal.

Smokies car was a beast.. I heard he tried to make it an AWD, but couldn't fit the drivetrain...800hp, AWD- it woulda been SICK!!


haha yeah that'd be quite interesting to see, sadly both the car and the Burt have gotten old. Although I heard Burt punched out a camera man for not seeing the original movie but commenting on the remake as better. Still kickin'
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / I don't know . I...
Offline
Posted 3/26/08

GreekCotan wrote:


chocuqueen wrote:

R34 is illegal at my place.. street racing.. and i heard that R33 is going to be legal soon.. not sure..thats what i heard..
ya so many of my friends likes SKYLINE. always looking at craiglist to see if theres skyline for sale.- - '' omg..
yeah.. hahaha


yes, Canada has an import ban on any vehicle imported that is less than 15 years since manufacture date. America has the same restriction only they set it to 5 years. Hence the whole Evo X being first to canada.

It really sucks that we had to miss out on the Lancer Evo8.


Wow 15 years ... Singapore is only limited to 3 years .. really sucks !
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.