First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Chauvinist Comments online Can Land You in Jail
10622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/22/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I wonder how long it is before rappers cant call girls bitches and talk about fucking them on records anymore lol.


In Australia? I'm surprised they even let you know that there are songs that involve any of those concepts.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/22/16 , edited 6/22/16

gornotck wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

I wonder how long it is before rappers cant call girls bitches and talk about fucking them on records anymore lol.


In Australia? I'm surprised they even let you know that there are songs that involve any of those concepts.


lol. It's surprising that the feminazi army and PC do gooders dont target it more. I mean they only seem to tareget white people so makes sense they dont target the Black rap but i mean these days there's just as many white rappers so iam surprised they aint on that white rappers are promoting violence against women and sexual objectification or them and claiming that listening to it will make us all have no respect for women and become rapists!...

You should see the tv add compaign they got going here at the moment (for violence against women) whilst i understand the message they're trying to get acorss it's pretty darn cringe worthy.



xxJing 
37189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

jtjumper wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Martyr or not, whether he was right or wrong or not, talking about what can get you arrested in Australia is the same as talking about what will get you killed in North Korea.

Everything.


He told a woman he wanted to rape her! I'm for free speech, but that is not ok.


I only skimmed over it, but didn't he say that he didn't want to rape her (because she was too ugly or something)?
10622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/22/16

xxJing wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Martyr or not, whether he was right or wrong or not, talking about what can get you arrested in Australia is the same as talking about what will get you killed in North Korea.

Everything.


He told a woman he wanted to rape her! I'm for free speech, but that is not ok.


I only skimmed over it, but didn't he say that he didn't want to rape her (because she was too ugly or something)?




Exact quote from the 'article'.
24563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
Not sure where the indignation about this is coming from.

People should have the right to be an asshole online if they want. People should have the right to be an asshole in person if they want.

But in either case, making a specific threat against someone (and yes, telling someone you're going to rape them is a specific threat) is assault. It is illegal, full stop.
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
Bit excessive maybe. And he made violent threats towards an individual, what if he decided to follow through on them?

Don't feel any sympathy for him, dumbass.
5612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 6/22/16 , edited 6/22/16
Menace and harass... Is dangerous, due to possible misinterpreatation, but somewhat understandable. But "To cause offense" intentionally to another person is considered illegal? And not only that, but on internet? Huh? I mean... huh?!
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/22/16 , edited 6/22/16
“It means that harassing women online is not only legally reprehensible, but socially and morally as well."

Sexist assholes. Not saying what he did was right, but it's fucking stupid it's a gender thing.

4052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

gornotck wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Martyr or not, whether he was right or wrong or not, talking about what can get you arrested in Australia is the same as talking about what will get you killed in North Korea.

Everything.


He told a woman he wanted to rape her! I'm for free speech, but that is not ok.


It's offensive, sure. Can you say it was an honest desire on his part? That he was likely to do so? That there was a reasonable probability of that EVER occurring? Should he have been arrested and sentenced to three years in prison for SAYING MEAN THINGS?


Yeah I'm not defending this guy at all. But arresting people for the shit they say online is a dangerous slope that I don't think should be touched. Like what if this spread to america and people just messing around saying "damn I hate Obama I wish I could shoot his ass" got them in jail? It's the same idea where idiots say things to or about people they don't know and will probably NEVER meet and thus aren't a real threat ... they are just assholes.

But if you start policing that then what about any anti government comments? What about any comments that someone decides is offensive to a minority? If you cross a line even a little then it becomes easy to go further and further until you hit the next "line".


I mean really I could just go wild about how I'm going to rape the person who posted above me. Will I do it? Hell no I have no idea who that person even is! If this guy genuinely knew where the woman was and was deemed a legit threat then year arrest him for that. But arrest him for being a threat based on real world evidence don't mention the online comment at all because that shouldn't mean anything substantial.
4052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

gornotck wrote:


xxJing wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Martyr or not, whether he was right or wrong or not, talking about what can get you arrested in Australia is the same as talking about what will get you killed in North Korea.

Everything.


He told a woman he wanted to rape her! I'm for free speech, but that is not ok.


I only skimmed over it, but didn't he say that he didn't want to rape her (because she was too ugly or something)?




Exact quote from the 'article'.


Yeah well ... he's an asshole sure. But jail seems extreme because looking at that quote it doesn't seem like he was actually going to touch this woman he's just a pig who has a chip on his shoulder against femanists. Which I can kinda understand as some of them (not all) are absolute bitches towards men. Doesn't make what he said right but it offers a possible explanation besides "he's a rapist who must be put away". Meaning I don't feel jail was really needed.

I mean if the woman was that offended by it couldn't she just leave? was there any reason she HAD to keep talking to this guy? Why don't people realize if you are in a no win argument you should just cut off and leave?

Like sometimes I'll get into arguments on youtube and if I see the other person is clearly the type who won't change how they think then I just mute the comment thread and move on. Because even if I keep talking I"ll just end up goign in circles so why bother?

So unless he was a real world threat and they have proof of this jail isn't acceptable. Not for just being a prick online.
10622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/22/16

Metazoxan wrote:


Yeah well ... he's an asshole sure. But jail seems extreme because looking at that quote it doesn't seem like he was actually going to touch this woman he's just a pig who has a chip on his shoulder against femanists. Which I can kinda understand as some of them (not all) are absolute bitches towards men. Doesn't make what he said right but it offers a possible explanation besides "he's a rapist who must be put away". Meaning I don't feel jail was really needed.

I mean if the woman was that offended by it couldn't she just leave? was there any reason she HAD to keep talking to this guy? Why don't people realize if you are in a no win argument you should just cut off and leave?

Like sometimes I'll get into arguments on youtube and if I see the other person is clearly the type who won't change how they think then I just mute the comment thread and move on. Because even if I keep talking I"ll just end up goign in circles so why bother?

So unless he was a real world threat and they have proof of this jail isn't acceptable. Not for just being a prick online.


Yet, that's exactly what he's facing. He offended somebody on the internet and now he faces Australian jail time. That is what the world is coming to, unless people actively fight against it and accept that they're not going to be liked by everybody.
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I wonder how long it is before rappers cant call girls bitches and talk about fucking them on records anymore lol.


The world will surely mourn the loss of this integral part of artistic culture
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

jtjumper wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

I wonder how long it is before rappers cant call girls bitches and talk about fucking them on records anymore lol.


The world will surely mourn the loss of this integral part of artistic culture


Just because you do not like dose not mean others dont. And just because people like you dont like dose not mean it should ever be banned.
I like all sorts of hip hop, much of which dose not consist of this type of topic matter. Lots of which dose.
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 6/22/16 , edited 6/22/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

I wonder how long it is before rappers cant call girls bitches and talk about fucking them on records anymore lol.


The world will surely mourn the loss of this integral part of artistic culture


Just because you do not like dose not mean others dont. And just because people like you dont like dose not mean it should ever be banned.
I like all sorts of hip hop, much of which dose not consist of this type of topic matter. Lots of which dose.


I'm not gunning for legislative regulation on your rap songs. I'm just saying it's no skin of my nose if they are banned. What bothers me is when the government tries to take away our right to make moral choices.

You probably don't have to worry about it being banned, as long as any one of these doesn't apply:


*Whether "the average person, applying contemporary community standards", would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest,
*Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law,
*Whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_test
41687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/16
Seriously, there are some creeps online, and considering I've actually been borderline doxxed, I'd say that's taking things a step too far, and by a step too far, I mean over the edge potentially reportable to authority kind of thing, but honestly, if you're so thin skinned that you can't take a few troll comments on the web, then you should probably cease your usage of the internet for your own protection.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.