First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Worst form of government
9466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 6/21/16
So what is the worst form of government in your opinion?

Posted 6/21/16 , edited 6/21/16
All forms of government, Anarchy!!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fibDNwF8bjs
24333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/21/16
Is this even a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGOrWmVMv8

Anything but the right answer is going to cause me to lose my cool lol.
9466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 6/21/16

potentsativa wrote:

All forms of government, Anarchy!!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fibDNwF8bjs


Anarchy is a lack of government.

Posted 6/21/16
but if best is worst what is best I don't understond.
34544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Mount Laurel, NJ
Offline
Posted 6/21/16 , edited 6/21/16
Well, Vin Scully had a perfect response (socialism related).

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/744014925044015104/video/1
9466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 6/21/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

but if best is worst what is best I don't understond.


It was just a joke like thing c: I meant the worst type of government(Like nazi or something like that).
23849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 6/21/16
Hereditary anything.
8071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/16
Two studies say America is currently a Oligarchy by policy design! It will be interesting to see what happens in July when the Republicans do not follow the Primary results of its own election and nominate someone other than Trump with whatever's means they intend to use! Also it's cute that most states voting machines have no paper trail and very strict limitations and odd polling situations.

One Punch Mod
99285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/21/16

Jophar_Vorin wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

but if best is worst what is best I don't understond.


It was just a joke like thing c: I meant the worst type of government(Like nazi or something like that).


It wasn't a very funny joke, and was really not appropriate in terms of getting actual discussion instead of confusion. I've changed the thread title to match the opening post and what seems to be the actual intent.

1164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/21/16
Military dictatorship is probably the least stable form of government in the long-term. Without a clear line of succession and an orderly transfer of power the government will start disintegrating as people try to claim control for themselves. Military dictatorships in particular are prone to this because they rely on the loyalty of armies to maintain their hold on power, so any general with enough soldiers at his command can do whatever he pleases if he's popular enough.
14955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/21/16
Any dictatorship dissolves pretty quickly, but I still think they kill fewer people than, say, communism.
23849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 6/21/16

gornotck wrote:

Any dictatorship dissolves pretty quickly, but I still think they kill fewer people than, say, communism.


A lot of communidt governments were dictatorships, particularly marxism leninism.
14955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/21/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Any dictatorship dissolves pretty quickly, but I still think they kill fewer people than, say, communism.


A lot of communidt governments were dictatorships, particularly marxism leninism.


I guess in a manner of speaking that is true. In another way, Marx-Leninism was an oligarchy. A small group of people controlled everything and enforced it through brutal secret police and military strength.

23849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 6/21/16

gornotck wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Any dictatorship dissolves pretty quickly, but I still think they kill fewer people than, say, communism.


A lot of communidt governments were dictatorships, particularly marxism leninism.


I guess in a manner of speaking that is true. In another way, Marx-Leninism was an oligarchy. A small group of people controlled everything and enforced it through brutal secret police and military strength.



The problem is, to reiterate you point, is that your consolidating too much power in a too little space, particularly an unchecked government fleeing the bindings of a usually failed previous government that hadn't had these checks in the first place. As Thomas Jefferson eloquently puts it, "if men were angels, we wouldn't need government." The fact that men aren't angels is why government is so dangerous in the first place. I think you helped me along to that realization.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.