First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply 43 Year-old man Dating 63 Year-old-woman
5614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
Well, I have little experince in the 60's territory, but if you weren't able to tell there was a huge age gap before you started a relationship, why would you care AFTER you started the relationship?
runec 
29354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/22/16
The lying is more of a problem than the age gap.

That said, stay with her until you can get her to reveal the source of eternal life.

;p
27911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 6/22/16
Seriously I'd be calling myself stupid for not being able to tell between a 40 and a 60 year old woman
696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

runec wrote:

The lying is more of a problem than the age gap.

That said, stay with her until you can get her to reveal the source of eternal life.

;p


Except based on this scenario both are secretive. One lies outright about something relatively minor and the other isn't saying anything about it despite knowing. In this particular scenario I'd say the two are a perfect match.
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
Well you said live-in girlfriend, so if she got to the point where you are living together without you figuring out that she is 20 years older than you, then either she's really good looking for her age, you are blind, or you aren't dating her for her looks. Either way its fine, I don't think age matters as much at that point.
runec 
29354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/22/16

EichiXIII wrote:
Except based on this scenario both are secretive. One lies outright about something relatively minor and the other isn't saying anything about it despite knowing. In this particular scenario I'd say the two are a perfect match.


How do you figure? One was deceptive in what is a serious relationship ( seeing as they live together ). The other has found out the deception and we are being asked how he should proceed moving forward now that he knows.

Lying and not revealing you know a liar is lying while trying to figure out how to handle the situation are not morally equivalent.
696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/16

runec wrote:


EichiXIII wrote:
Except based on this scenario both are secretive. One lies outright about something relatively minor and the other isn't saying anything about it despite knowing. In this particular scenario I'd say the two are a perfect match.


How do you figure? One was deceptive in what is a serious relationship ( seeing as they live together ). The other has found out the deception and we are being asked how he should proceed moving forward now that he knows.

Lying and not revealing you know a liar is lying while trying to figure out how to handle the situation are not morally equivalent.


I suppose. I guess it really doesn't matter that she lied at all though. It already states he wants to stay with her. All we really get to answer is whether or not he bothers confronting her about it.
17893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
Lying about age is the one lie tyat gets a pass from me. Either way, i dont care. Ive dateed 14 years older and 10 younger, it doesnt really matter to me.
512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
Mmm at that point she is a hottie for being 60 nice
53410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
This question sounds oddly specific...

If I were in this position, I'd be pretty upset that she lied to me about her age. Depending on how much I care for her, I probably wouldn't want anything to do with her. Although I'd have to wonder how anyone in this situation can't tell the 20 year difference. Is this woman immortal? Is this man just blind? Has he never met her family?
35517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
I'm not sure the age gap, or even the lie, would be the part that should be most concerning. The difference between 43 and 63 is the difference between someone with whom you'd have a good 30-40 years left or someone with whom you'd have about 10-20. It's the difference between someone who is either still working age or bordering upon retirement. It's the difference between the onset of Alzheimer's disease in the next five years being rather unlikely or uncomfortably likely.
15177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/16
YE ' VENT SEEN
PUBLIC ACCESS TELEVISION, VE YA?
THERE WAS A 40 YEAR OLD MAN
MARRIED TO A 65 OLD WOMAN, AND THEY
SANG. YEAH 90'S WERE WEIRD.
173393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 6/23/16
1 . if the man really want to continue the r/s , there is no need for qn 2 and 3.

2. cannot have children.

3. none . because the woman obviously got very good genes and age doesn't reflect on her face. or else there won't be a qn 1 in the first place.
3096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The 2D World
Online
Posted 6/23/16
Why should I care? If I date someone and they lie to me, I'll be pissed off. That goes for any lie. But in the end I'm not going to date somebody I don't love. No crap I'd still date her. Also I'd probably just casually say in the middle of a conversation "Oh. btw. I know ur 63. HEH! Goodnight <3"
30427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 6/23/16
I think it's better for her to come clean so I'd remind her that she doesn't have to lie to me and not worry too much for a while longer.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.