First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Why is our nation so unhappy?
10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 7/9/07
We are unhappy because this country was greater before and its slowly on the decline
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

Hotsoup wrote:

Wow you guys really like to complain -_-. America is probably the best country because no other nation can even come close in the opportunities that are available here. You talk about corruption, but its exactly like orangemaen said, those people were democratically elected. Of course theres gonna be corruption, but you don't think theres corruption in other governments? And what do you expect about healthcare? OMG you have to pay money for it!? In my opinion it doesn't even make sense to have some kind of universal healthcare. Why should I pay for someone stupid enough to drive without a seatbelt or ride a motercycle without a helmet? It was his choice and now he pays the price.


I can tell you've never had to pay for medical costs or been out of country. Otherwise, you'd realize what was wrong with that statement.


Dusterbayala wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:

Fucking president breaks the law, digs into our lives without a warrant, using a shitty war as a shitty excuses to do shitty things. In the end, it's just created more problems. I'm unhappy that we're spending billions on bullshit while social security slips down the drain because of poor money management and immigrants who are all lazy arrogant assholes most of the time anyways.

I hate how the coperation's fucking own the judges, passing stupid ass new laws and removing all the old good ones that protected us. I hate how no one listens to what the normal man already knows is right, I hate that, despite the fact that plenty of other developed nations have government sponsored healthcare and fed citizens, i've had to shit and scrimp around to pay off the massive bills every time I've needed medical care and wonder if I can still eat, while seeing others starving and going to food centers even if they have a *job*.

I hate the fact, that despite being a supposedly wealthy nation, we've got our nut-sacks stretched up and wrapped around our own throats from debt. I hate the fact that billions are dumped into our school system, and that they are still shit, when every year some supposedly goody-to-shoes politician says he's going to fix it, when I can't even get a dime in aid for my degree.

I hate that, when we have some of the largest companies in the world, the average man can't get a decent job. why? Because their being fucking exported out of country to save a few fucking dollars! And, as a part of that, this great 'open world market' everyone talks about is *fucking* us. We're so hooked on these cheap POS import chinese goods that aren't worth the cheap plastic their make of. that. and we're crushing out all of the little small business in America through huge taxes, those businesses that make up the middle class, so now that middle class is going to hell.

To to that beginning post..

about the medical... "Whether you are rich or poor they treat your wounds and even, if necessary, send a helicopter to take you to the hospital."
Sure, send a holicopter, show up on the scene, and FUCK you. Don't you dare make that out like a good Samaritan act. Have you ever had a chopter or aid car sent to you? that is NOT free. That is BIG BIG money. Let us not forget the tickets, the court fees, the medical bills. The state reems you for so much money that most people have to take out bankruptcy. Sounds nice, doesn't it?

"Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?"
Sure, the water system. Lets start with that shall we? Like most of the country using antique 1960s systems that push out crap because the states are too busy dumping money into other projects to fix them? Sure we have electricity using a lot of dirty coal and oil, but what about all the other networks? Ever seen Japan's network stats? Take your internet connection.. Average Japanese connection lies at around 90 Mb/s. America? ~1.80. The American companies are so fixated on gaining control of the internet access rights that they're letting the technology dump.

"Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job? Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?"
And... that many of those people have a job, but still have to go to a food bank to feed their families? Howabout the price jump in fruit and vegetables that makes eating right extremely expensive, aiding in poor health.

"I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough."
Howabout about 3/4th of those restaurants will ultimately go out of business? Restaurants fucking flop like fish because the stare imposes huge responsibilities, expensive permits, heavy taxes and anything else they can slap you for.

I'd like to point out, that everyone HATES OUR GUTS, we the people, because of politicians who think they're laws have sway in other countries and rule the world, when in reality, we hate them more then they could ever imagine.

This really pissed me off, and I'm sorry for disagreeing and being rude, but I am dissatisfied. VERY FUCKING DISSATISFIED. I could go on forever, but i've already been as rude as I want.

Where the HELL do you get all that optimism?


ok, you said almost everything I would have said.
With one little exception.
The media blows everything out of preportion.


I would instead say that the media is sensationalist, uninformative about world events that Americans NEED to know, and extremely politically biased.
42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

Jorlwind wrote:

Dusterbayala wrote:
ok, you said almost everything I would have said.
With one little exception.
The media blows everything out of preportion.

I would instead say that the media is sensationalist, uninformative about world events that Americans NEED to know, and extremely politically biased.


You must watch fox news at 9... i usually watch CNN if i'm gonna watch the news, but i was mainly complaining about nbc, abc, and cbs with their lack of information, they tell half truths and misleading information to control the american public,
People don't realise who actually has the power in the US... it's not the government... it's the people with money. Bill Gates, is a prime example. Microsoft is a fucking monopoly. there are no if ands or buts about it. that's what it is... he was even brought up for sanctions against it... but his money bought it out and he's still lord over microsuck.
What do you hear most about in the news? What are the stories you remember about the most?
I remember OJ simpson case on the news EVERY NIGHT for three years!
I remember Michael Jackson on the news for months.
I know Iraq is on the news, but not every night, and the information isn't even accurate when they DO report it. I get better information from my borther who is a UN Peacekeeper.
Gotta love the media.
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

Dusterbayala wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:

Dusterbayala wrote:
ok, you said almost everything I would have said.
With one little exception.
The media blows everything out of preportion.

I would instead say that the media is sensationalist, uninformative about world events that Americans NEED to know, and extremely politically biased.


You must watch fox news at 9... i usually watch CNN if i'm gonna watch the news, but i was mainly complaining about nbc, abc, and cbs with their lack of information, they tell half truths and misleading information to control the american public,
People don't realise who actually has the power in the US... it's not the government... it's the people with money. Bill Gates, is a prime example. Microsoft is a fucking monopoly. there are no if ands or buts about it. that's what it is... he was even brought up for sanctions against it... but his money bought it out and he's still lord over microsuck.
What do you hear most about in the news? What are the stories you remember about the most?
I remember OJ simpson case on the news EVERY NIGHT for three years!
I remember Michael Jackson on the news for months.
I know Iraq is on the news, but not every night, and the information isn't even accurate when they DO report it. I get better information from my borther who is a UN Peacekeeper.
Gotta love the media.

I watch CNN, Fox, and read (when I can get the time/money) BBC online, New York times and USA Today.

I remember all of those. I agree totally with "people with the money have the power" Using your example of Bill Gates, his company has been quashing the ODF ISO standard for electronic document storage in various state senates, and instead putting up his companies proprietary format OOXML.
I would love to set up a new Internet news media site, run just by volunteer insiders (annoymous soldiers, officials, business insiders ect).
I would so love our current news media to show shit that actually MATTERED. I don't give a fuck about paris hilton, or some other crap. I want to hear national and international news that effects ME.
42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

Jorlwind wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:

Dusterbayala wrote:
ok, you said almost everything I would have said.
With one little exception.
The media blows everything out of preportion.

I would instead say that the media is sensationalist, uninformative about world events that Americans NEED to know, and extremely politically biased.


You must watch fox news at 9... i usually watch CNN if i'm gonna watch the news, but i was mainly complaining about nbc, abc, and cbs with their lack of information, they tell half truths and misleading information to control the american public,
People don't realise who actually has the power in the US... it's not the government... it's the people with money. Bill Gates, is a prime example. Microsoft is a fucking monopoly. there are no if ands or buts about it. that's what it is... he was even brought up for sanctions against it... but his money bought it out and he's still lord over microsuck.
What do you hear most about in the news? What are the stories you remember about the most?
I remember OJ simpson case on the news EVERY NIGHT for three years!
I remember Michael Jackson on the news for months.
I know Iraq is on the news, but not every night, and the information isn't even accurate when they DO report it. I get better information from my borther who is a UN Peacekeeper.
Gotta love the media.

I watch CNN, Fox, and read (when I can get the time/money) BBC online, New York times and USA Today.

I remember all of those. I agree totally with "people with the money have the power" Using your example of Bill Gates, his company has been quashing the ODF ISO standard for electronic document storage in various state senates, and instead putting up his companies proprietary format OOXML.
I would love to set up a new Internet news media site, run just by volunteer insiders (annoymous soldiers, officials, business insiders ect).
I would so love our current news media to show shit that actually MATTERED. I don't give a fuck about paris hilton, or some other crap. I want to hear national and international news that effects ME.


100% agree!
6034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
63 / F
Offline
Posted 7/9/07
i see. our government is corrupt. but i cant blame them. :[

but its amazing how so many people care about our country and its government. it amazes me


~Edit by slowdanse
Note: Please do not double post!
Posted 7/9/07
firstly, most americans are completely ignorant about government and politics so that is NOT the reason why most americans are unhappy. most americans are unhappy b/c they're fucking whiny little bastards (myself included). we've been brought up to expect TOO much, that's about it.
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

neekolate wrote:

but its amazing how so many people care about our country and its government. it amazes me


eh, we need to get these old crusty Cold War relics out of office.
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 7/9/07
It's because we're fat, and gas prices are so high.
2827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / stuck in my mind....
Offline
Posted 7/9/07
haha, because we're all fcked up inside, thats why, we have so much crap we don't konw what to do with it and we're too sheltered.
4149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 7/9/07
lmao XD i'm sorry which nation are we talking about -___- cuz i'm sorta in canada ...... go steven harper XD not.....
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

dragyfj123 wrote:

lmao XD i'm sorry which nation are we talking about -___- cuz i'm sorta in canada ...... go steven harper XD not.....


United State of Asses.
4149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 7/9/07

aznrice2k4 wrote:


dragyfj123 wrote:

lmao XD i'm sorry which nation are we talking about -___- cuz i'm sorta in canada ...... go steven harper XD not.....


United State of Asses.

ahh i c... well maybe it's because george bush is running it .. i think that's 70% of the problem there.. and then there's the unneeded deaths occuring in Iraq ... also the gas prices.... also the massive pollution the USA it slef is putting out... i mean liek it has the money to fix it's problem then why not do it?
826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / A-Town
Offline
Posted 7/9/07
im unhappy cuz most places and people dont accept gay pride..
there's nothing wrong w/ being gay y cant people just accept it..
so tired of all these stupid talking..
Posted 7/9/07
Because we let bands like Dashboard and Taking Back Sunday tour in our country

Trevor (OP)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.