First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
These assholes modernized Ghostbusters Theme Song.
Posted 6/24/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Esperhero wrote:




Now imagine if got remade into this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupyU_sRupE


I think that's an overstatement


Yes it is and that how I feel about it.


Alright
18661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/24/16

lorreen wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I prefer the original Ghostbusters, but the anti SJW thing the fans have is going a bit too far.


Anti-SJW thing about Ghostbusters?

Anyway, I like the new treatment of the song, and I think Missy Elliott is a smart and amazing rapper and I find her part of the song especially enjoyable.

A new version doesn't in any way diminish the old version--which still exists. I thought the original Ghostbusters--song and movie--was incredibly fun. That doesn't make it sacrosanct however.

Does the song fit the movie? Is the remake of the movie any good? I don't have much of an opinion on either of those since the movie's not out yet. But the opinion expressed in the opening post, whether it be KarenA's or someone else's seems extreme.


For some odd reason I've seen a lot of comments blaming Sony for pandering to people with extreme progressive views, or "Tumblrinas", by casting 4 females who are relatively unheard of (Except McCarthy) and blaming the culture of Politically correct for coercing studios into pandering to this demographic.


While I think there's a ring of truth to this, especially when token minorities are still a thing, I still roll my eyes as I don't see it as justification for hating a movie you did not see. I am apprehensive to the film, as with all remakes, but still.

I don't see pandering as necessarily a bad thing except when it wasted potential, and it could be true for this remake, it could be not. Still up in the air.
18661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/24/16 , edited 6/24/16
To add to my case about wasted potential, I noticed a lot of "fem strong" movies where the female rebels against society norms and becomes sexually active without pursuing romantic relationships, or pursuing them and becoming the aggressive one in the relationship, and getting what she wants. I think some of this is fine, but as PrinceJudar said a "manipulative whore" is rarely a good character to make a movie around. I like (oppressive ) rule breakers, not assholes.
One Punch Mod
96113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/24/16 , edited 6/24/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

That doesn't mean anything.


A person with common sense can tell I copy and paste somebody comment.

If you can't understand this. Then is just your problem.
Well somebody say this and I agree with it.


You might not take my word for it, but I have common sense (and as silly as he often is, I believe Sir_jamesalot has common sense too), and I also thought that you were saying in your own words something that agreed with similar sentiments you'd seen someone else say. Until you wrote "Oh come on I didn't write that" I had no idea that those exact words you put in ALL CAPS red were something you had copied directly from someone else. So, it was just a misunderstanding.

Lighten up please. Why are you always so ready to pick fights with people or believe they are trying to pick a fight with you? It's not a good attitude to come to CR's forums with.
Posted 6/24/16

lorreen wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

That doesn't mean anything.


A person with common sense can tell I copy and paste somebody comment.

If you can't understand this. Then is just your problem.
Well somebody say this and I agree with it.


You might not take my word for it, but I have common sense (and as silly as he often is, I believe Sir_jamesalot has common sense too), and I also thought that you were saying in your own words something that agreed with similar sentiments you'd seen someone else say. Until you wrote "Oh come on I didn't write that" I had no idea that those exact words you put in ALL CAPS red were something you had quoted from someone else.

Lighten up please. Why are you always so ready to pick fights with people or believe they are trying to pick a fight with you? It's not a good attitude to come to CR's forums with.


No, if that people can't be bothered to look into what somebody is saying.
When I say this. I meant that I was quoting somebody else. This requires absolutely not explanation if you read the first post. Because I say I agree with what somebody else says. Then is only logical to assume I am referring to my first post.
Oh come on I didn't write that"

This mean that you guys didn't read the first post or didn't connect the dots. Which you will have done if you take into account the first post.


This mean I agree with somebody else opinion.

Well somebody say this and I agree with it.

This why I put in red. To showcase the other person opinion that I agree with.

This feels like the Original has been completely raped.

This mean I continuing what I am saying.

And it gets worst and I also agree with this.

This was put in red. Is logical to assume base in my previous words that this is the continuation of what I am saying.

You fucking modernized it...you fucking modernized it...YOU FUCKING MODERNIZED!!!.,..YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!...YOU FUCKED WITH THE MOVIE, YOU FUCKED WITH THE FRANCHISE, YOU FUCKED WITH THE INTERNET, YOU FUCKED WITH THE FANS, AT LEAST YOU COULD HAVE KEPT WHAT WAS THE FUCKING THEME SONG...BUT NOOOO...YOU HAD TO GO AND FUCKING MODERNIZE IT...FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK, YOU FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU THREE TIMES UP THE ASS!!!...FUCK!!!...


You are free to believe I am looking for a fight but I am not. I was being nice to him. He the one taking any little thing I say lately and take issue with it. He using as an excuse to try to provoke me. Next time he should use his head and explain why he cannot understand. Instead of having dick issues.
Posted 6/24/16 , edited 6/24/16



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

To add to my case about dense, I noticed a lot of "fem strong" movies where the female rebels against society norms and becomes sexually active without pursuing romantic relationships, or pursuing them and becoming the aggressive one in the relationship, and b=getting what she wants. I think some of this is fine, but as PrinceJudar said a "manipulative whore" is rarely a good character to make a movie on. I like (oppressive ) rule breakers, not assholes.


I prefer tomboys.
Posted 6/24/16
If the movie is just garbage, that would be one thing. It would simply fall into obscurity after a while; however, there's a particular, thick haze of bullshit that gets under my skin;

Criticism of Ghostbusters is met with overwhelming, sexist accusations of misogynistic sexism. The narrative is that only sexists are capable of disliking the movie, specifically sexist men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ85g2Al1ZA&feature=youtu.be
Posted 6/24/16

aeb0717 wrote:

If the movie is just garbage, that would be one thing. It would simply fall into obscurity after a while; however, there's a particular, thick haze of bullshit that gets under my skin;

Criticism of Ghostbusters is met with overwhelming, sexist accusations of misogynistic sexism. The narrative is that only sexists are capable of disliking the movie, specifically sexist men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ85g2Al1ZA&feature=youtu.be


Because they piss off the fans. They know they fuck up.
5209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/16
The movie looks like it's going to be complete shit, so I'm not surprised that they ruined the theme song.
Posted 6/24/16
That is trash I agree I really hate re-makes on movies as well. I work in the entertainment industry but
when I see re-make after re-make I grow anger to me it shows no creativity! Ghost -Busters
Sherlock Holmes and Wild Wild West hell they blew those.
20660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/16
Okay, take a step back. Breathe. Now go watch the original Ghost Busters. Everything is gonna be alright. Stop acting like every iteration of any IP you liked has to appeal to you. Life goes on, it's petty to get so worked up over this stupid shit.
36248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/24/16 , edited 6/24/16
Let's put things into perspective, here:

Dragonball Evolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDBcF5i3bdM

The Last Airbender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoGFeMmhKA

Speed Racer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RpBi3W1Eo

Jem and the Holograms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPgK073xEg\

Josie and the Pussycats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU5bOAyDbHc\

Scooby-Doo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsYvQ41fYg

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFVGCUIXJls

The Cat in the Hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEfSY4tzF8

And those are just bad adaptations/remakes. Want it to get really ugly? Let's dip a toe in the list of awful "parody" movies.

Meet the Spartans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-zJtYYolo

The Starving Games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yOSMspR1k

Not Another Teen Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXD22oySnok <--- Watch the producer flip the audience off at 1:29!

Now, here's the Ghostbusters trailer again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Suddenly feels like just another day at the movies, eh?
13274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/16

BlueOni wrote:

Let's put things into perspective, here:

Dragonball Evolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDBcF5i3bdM

The Last Airbender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoGFeMmhKA

Speed Racer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RpBi3W1Eo

Jem and the Holograms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPgK073xEg\

Josie and the Pussycats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU5bOAyDbHc\

Scooby-Doo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsYvQ41fYg

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFVGCUIXJls

The Cat in the Hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEfSY4tzF8

And those are just bad adaptations/remakes. Want it to get really ugly? Let's dip a toe in the list of awful "parody" movies.

Meet the Spartans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-zJtYYolo

The Starving Games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yOSMspR1k

Not Another Teen Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXD22oySnok <--- Watch the producer flip the audience off at 1:29!

Now, here's the Ghostbusters trailer again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Suddenly feels like just another day at the movies, eh?


Is it bad that I've seen most of the remakes, I suspect?
36248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/24/16

gornotck wrote:

Is it bad that I've seen most of the remakes, I suspect?


No. It makes you sadder, but wiser.
runec 
33074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/16
To put it even further into perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWx01S3gTQU
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.