First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Japan finally getting serious about illegal streaming?
10640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/25/16

nichtmalda wrote:

I would be totally yay, go for it Japan if it wheren't for their retarded liciencing bullcrap. Those japanese overlords are too fine for my dirty german money, they made that clear, they just don't want to earn it. Fine. So if they don't want to make money, what exactly is the problem with their stuff being distributed anyways? Does not compute, either they want money or they don't.


They want your money, but someone in or around your country thinks that there isn't a market for it, so your wheelbarrows of minty fresh sawbucks go unspent.
13883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/16

gornotck wrote:

They want your money, but someone in or around your country thinks that there isn't a market for it, so your wheelbarrows of minty fresh sawbucks go unspent.


Nope, it's entirely up to the japanese companies to give cr the rights to stream either worldwide or just in a few countries. There is nobody in my country that gives a fuck, in Germany only rights for BluRays are traded, no local streaming services here.
265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/16

Negrodaumus wrote:


gornotck wrote:

I don't know how much good it will do, but being paid to watch videos all day sounds like a good gig.


Exactly. It's only one person right now, as it's just started, but I can see it being very effective. Imagine if you employ a few hundred, to a few thousand NEETs or Otakus to start finding illegal sites. Two birds in one stone.


Exactly. I first saw that news and thought "Where do I sign up?" :3


Negrodaumus wrote:


reaperx- wrote:

I better renew my HBO/Netflix memberships before I go back.


Right now I have Crunchyroll, Hulu plus, Netflix, Amazon, Vudu... and used to have Funimation. May end up getting that back. That pretty much covers all my anime needs.

My curious kitty instincts are coming forth. Why do use Vudu for anime? What does Vudu have that the others don't, if anything?
12053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/16

reaperx- wrote:


Negrodaumus wrote:


reaperx- wrote:

I better renew my HBO/Netflix memberships before I go back.


Right now I have Crunchyroll, Hulu plus, Netflix, Amazon, Vudu... and used to have Funimation. May end up getting that back. That pretty much covers all my anime needs.


Damn. That's a pretty hefty bill at the end of the month :')


I have a similar setup except that the accounts are shared. CR, Funimation, and Hulu falls on my tab and my sister pays for Amazon and Netflix.
61159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/16

nichtmalda wrote:


gornotck wrote:

They want your money, but someone in or around your country thinks that there isn't a market for it, so your wheelbarrows of minty fresh sawbucks go unspent.


Nope, it's entirely up to the japanese companies to give cr the rights to stream either worldwide or just in a few countries. There is nobody in my country that gives a fuck, in Germany only rights for BluRays are traded, no local streaming services here.


Well, I doubt the rights holder is getting paid per view, so it's probably completely immaterial to them whether or not you personally watch their shows. I wonder whether there is much direct benefit to the rights holder if they allow CR to broadcast worldwide. It may be more a matter of how conservative they are in regards to distributing their IP.
Posted 6/25/16 , edited 6/25/16
Well, I was under the impression they have been serious for some time now, and wouldn't surprise me at all if they increase in being so.
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 6/25/16 , edited 6/28/16
I'm perfectly okay with illegal streaming being taken down for series which are available world wide. But I think that if the series is not being licensed anywhere other then Japan then there should be no problem on an international scale. Sure it can be an issue for Japan, but it wouldn't be too hard to contact the site owners or whatever and have the site not work on Japanese IPs.


As soon as all media can be available world wide then I have no issues with Illegal Streaming sites being taken down. But until then I think they end up helping the industry world wide rather then harming it as it allows for watching of series which might not have been found otherwise and the companies could also use that data to perhaps realize there is a market in X country for X Anime.


So many decent series either don't come out of Japan or are not available elsewhere in the world. Which leads to fans having to import the series, normally second hand, from elsewhere in the world. So if the companies are not making money off of the series elsewhere in the world other then Japan, and they seemingly have no interest of allowing all series everywhere then why try to have it removed for everyone?
3257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Cheyenne, WY
Offline
Posted 6/25/16 , edited 6/28/16
Not to mention the series that CAN'T be streamed because of retarded licensors who refuse to die and let their governance of the IP go to a company that can actually make some money off of a franchise that about a 3rd of anime fans in America would actually pay good money for if it were licensed, and we know this because these fans already pirate the series anyway. *coughHarmonyGoldcough*
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/25/16 , edited 6/28/16

nichtmalda wrote:

I would be totally yay, go for it Japan if it wheren't for their retarded liciencing bullcrap. Those japanese overlords are too fine for my dirty german money, they made that clear, they just don't want to earn it. Fine. So if they don't want to make money, what exactly is the problem with their stuff being distributed anyways? Does not compute, either they want money or they don't.


^

52866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/16
Since Legend of Qin (Chinese Anime) may not come to USA, but am graceful for the people from China willing to translate them with English Subtitled. I would think money wise the company that make Legend of Qin into Anime would be making lot of money by selling them internationally.. But No, only in China! -_-;

I see nothing wrong with what Translators did by adding English Subtitles and showing the Anime Season 1 to 5.. I heard that they're going for Season 7!

Also even if USA company is planning on bringing Season 1 over, They not going to go all the way.. Just like they did with Fist of the North Star, they stopped at Episode 36 or 35 I believed.. while there over 200 Episode in Japan!

Now isn't that not Bullshit? That pissed my ass off..
7824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Clearwater, Florida
Offline
Posted 6/25/16 , edited 6/26/16

HeroicHelmsman wrote:


Negrodaumus wrote:


gornotck wrote:

I don't know how much good it will do, but being paid to watch videos all day sounds like a good gig.


Exactly. It's only one person right now, as it's just started, but I can see it being very effective. Imagine if you employ a few hundred, to a few thousand NEETs or Otakus to start finding illegal sites. Two birds in one stone.


Exactly. I first saw that news and thought "Where do I sign up?" :3


Negrodaumus wrote:


reaperx- wrote:

I better renew my HBO/Netflix memberships before I go back.


Right now I have Crunchyroll, Hulu plus, Netflix, Amazon, Vudu... and used to have Funimation. May end up getting that back. That pretty much covers all my anime needs.

My curious kitty instincts are coming forth. Why do use Vudu for anime? What does Vudu have that the others don't, if anything?


The only thing Vudu offers is the ability to buy a whole season on any of the animes they have. Just like buying the Blue Ray DVD sets, only it's digital. And I can access it from my pc, phone, tablet.
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/25/16
I suppose this is a better alternative considering proxy rule when it comes to circumvention. The only downside is there is a lot of streaming sites around....good luck considering a lot are not compliant at all.
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/16
For a long time now, I thought of being agood boy and stream everything legally but SURPRISE! One month of crunchyroll subscription and I'm out. Japan apparently doesn't realize that Crunchyroll hardly have any series available in my region and even if they do, they won't give a crap about it anyway. I posted in CR premium forum, nothing happens, I guess that just goes to show that Japan and Crunchyroll apparently doesn't want my money and gave me crap services. This post may belong somewhere else but I'm genuinely pissed that they put this into effect as I'll have no place to go to anymore.
Posted 6/25/16
Yeah, good luck with that. Shutting down illegal services without legal alternatives in place doesn't help.
91525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 6/25/16 , edited 6/28/16
thing is 70%of anime i have stumbled across here on cr and other legitimate places...give me that regional licensing crap.Seeing as my other alternative is to pay myself sick for dvd's or the like...sorry guys,i still want to eat and pay my rent.Unless they broaden the anime Availability,i be watching my anime elsewhere.=)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.