First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply BET 2016 AWARDS [email protected]!!
406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
BET Awards, is that some kind of award for casino owners?

"And the award for best conman goes tooo......"

1430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 6/29/16


-Those African slaves weren't enslaved just for the sake of being enslaved, they were usually POWs or criminals and they sure as hell weren't tortured for sport like they were in America. They weren't treated like animals, they were treated like servants, butlers if you will.

-Yes, Media brainwash is real, you might not believe it if you're smart enough to be immune to it, but not everyone's minds are as strong

-Today's garbage rap music wasn't always demanded, like i said there was a time when people were pushing conscious rap music, but the wrong people (or, the right people for some) took the throne and now we're here

-And yeah, sadly Viking metal is mostly about Valhalla and pillaging lol. It's like Skyrim the musical.

-Also side note, my ancestry is somewhat of a boiling pot, although I'm predominantly black there are traces of british, irish, russian, and native american thrown in. I've been able to trace those origins because of my surnames, but I have yet to find any information regarding my ancestry as an african. At least outside of my African-American ancestors
3473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Mothership
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

IShouldBeStudying wrote:



-Those African slaves weren't enslaved just for the sake of being enslaved, they were usually POWs or criminals and they sure as hell weren't tortured for sport like they were in America. They weren't treated like animals, they were treated like servants, butlers if you will.

-Yes, Media brainwash is real, you might not believe it if you're smart enough to be immune to it, but not everyone's minds are as strong

-Today's garbage rap music wasn't always demanded, like i said there was a time when people were pushing conscious rap music, but the wrong people (or, the right people for some) took the throne and now we're here

-And yeah, sadly Viking metal is mostly about Valhalla and pillaging lol. It's like Skyrim the musical.

-Also side note, my ancestry is somewhat of a boiling pot, although I'm predominantly black there are traces of british, irish, russian, and native american thrown in. I've been able to trace those origins because of my surnames, but I have yet to find any information regarding my ancestry as an african. At least outside of my African-American ancestors


I agree with you because sometimes it best to venture out, research, and find the truth for yourself and people are being sheeple to the media and they don't realize it but they're mentally enslaved as you said. It's just a shame that things are whitewashed and we don't see the full truth unless we go out and do the research.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
must with a issue with people that have cable
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16


-Those African slaves weren't enslaved just for the sake of being enslaved, they were usually POWs or criminals and they sure as hell weren't tortured for sport like they were in America. They weren't treated like animals, they were treated like servants, butlers if you will.





I don't know about everyone else but I always tie my butlers to posts while they await beheading for the pleasure of the king.
1430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 6/30/16




I don't know about everyone else but I always tie my butlers to posts while they await beheading for the pleasure of the king.

how can you be certain those were previous slaves.
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/2/16

Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:

You can't just blame a whole genre or genres because of a few artists who are mainstream and satisfy only those on the surface and it would be hard for my people to disown something we created but I don't watch BET and I don't understand nor enjoy today's music.


Yes I can. Rap isn't music and my whole generation got screwed because the music we grew up with was worse than the last generations music. On the plus side the Japanese were making good music for my generation :D

My people? Who are you talking about? Americans, British, some nationality, some culture, or some skin color?


We differ in opinion and honestly I'm not trying to argue and by my people I mean African American as in the whole package, culture, race, and all and I don't really care what the Japanese has done because they certainly were not thinking about me or you when making that music but I'm still saying you can't blame a whole genre of music because of a bad few. Plus how about I say Jpop isn't music which I certainly think isn't true even though I don't listen to it.


The Japanese could be sitting on the pot thinking about trying to poop while writing for all I care. Why do I care what they are thinking about when they write a song? Rappers are just thinking about the money anyways.

A bad few? Rap might as well be some dude talking with a repetitive beat put to it. You could turn congresional speeches into rap just by adding background noise.

Hah their music takes skill, talent, and practice they cant make a new song everyday https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04gjrgDoRb4 any monkey can and does make rap.


That's your reason for Rap not being music? Because you think it's all about money and just some dude not caring about what he says? You got it all wrong, Rap was and still is a way for a message to get out and I'll give you a few. And since anybody can write a Rap, I want to see you write one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gP3m-uBHA Monkeys huh? You try doing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas

Rap is an art form used for expression just as much as anything that you consider music and your the only one on here trying to argue that Rap isn't music and if it wasn't record labels wouldn't be signing Rap artists.

And another thing, I can discredit what's in that link just as much as your trying to discredit a whole genre but I'm not going to because being an artist in general takes a lot of skill and I could really care less about what's in that link because like I said I don't listen to Jpop.


I want to hear music not some dude talking to a beat. 5 year old kids with pots and pans can make music that sound better than rap.

Look man just give it up because I don't know why your still trying to argue a point that is moot as I stated before if it wasn't music, you wouldn't have the British, Mexicans, and your favorite, the Japanese trying to do it. If it wasn't music, we wouldn't see record labels trying to sign the next biggest rapper, and if it wasn't music we wouldn't see Dr. Dre be a billionaire and go on to produce 2 of the biggest Rappers in Snoop Dogg and Eminem. Maybe you should go listen to some Japanese Hip-Hop to get a better understanding.

Oh since anybody can write a Rap, I'm still challenging you to write a Rap and send it to me, there's 16 bars in one verse and no more than 8 words in 1 bar so... get to it because you said anybody can write a Rap.


May I have your attention please?
I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To fight (to fight)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my chest (come take my chest)
We'll walk through Moscow together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm

Her blue eyes are Perfect, iron fists Superior, Boots are Master
There's food on her Rifle already, Fuheur's Sauerkraut
She's nervous, but on the surface she looks calm and ready to fight,
But she keeps on forgetting what she wrote down,

And I am, NAZI
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
Radio won't even play my jam
'Cause I am, NAZI
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
I don't know it's just the way I am

You better conquer
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to fight
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
You better conquer
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to fight
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

So lets go back
Follow the Road to Victory as we go on another episode
Journey with me as I take you through Moscow
I once used to call home sweet home

Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the berlin now

And when I'm gone, just fight, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my Perfect blue eyes
Just know that I'm looking down on you Marching
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just conquer

And when she's gone, just fight, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of her Superior iron fists
Just know that she's looking down on you Bombing
And her didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just conquer in your Rifle.
3473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Mothership
Offline
Posted 7/2/16

Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:

You can't just blame a whole genre or genres because of a few artists who are mainstream and satisfy only those on the surface and it would be hard for my people to disown something we created but I don't watch BET and I don't understand nor enjoy today's music.


Yes I can. Rap isn't music and my whole generation got screwed because the music we grew up with was worse than the last generations music. On the plus side the Japanese were making good music for my generation :D

My people? Who are you talking about? Americans, British, some nationality, some culture, or some skin color?


We differ in opinion and honestly I'm not trying to argue and by my people I mean African American as in the whole package, culture, race, and all and I don't really care what the Japanese has done because they certainly were not thinking about me or you when making that music but I'm still saying you can't blame a whole genre of music because of a bad few. Plus how about I say Jpop isn't music which I certainly think isn't true even though I don't listen to it.


The Japanese could be sitting on the pot thinking about trying to poop while writing for all I care. Why do I care what they are thinking about when they write a song? Rappers are just thinking about the money anyways.

A bad few? Rap might as well be some dude talking with a repetitive beat put to it. You could turn congresional speeches into rap just by adding background noise.

Hah their music takes skill, talent, and practice they cant make a new song everyday https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04gjrgDoRb4 any monkey can and does make rap.


That's your reason for Rap not being music? Because you think it's all about money and just some dude not caring about what he says? You got it all wrong, Rap was and still is a way for a message to get out and I'll give you a few. And since anybody can write a Rap, I want to see you write one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gP3m-uBHA Monkeys huh? You try doing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas

Rap is an art form used for expression just as much as anything that you consider music and your the only one on here trying to argue that Rap isn't music and if it wasn't record labels wouldn't be signing Rap artists.

And another thing, I can discredit what's in that link just as much as your trying to discredit a whole genre but I'm not going to because being an artist in general takes a lot of skill and I could really care less about what's in that link because like I said I don't listen to Jpop.


I want to hear music not some dude talking to a beat. 5 year old kids with pots and pans can make music that sound better than rap.

Look man just give it up because I don't know why your still trying to argue a point that is moot as I stated before if it wasn't music, you wouldn't have the British, Mexicans, and your favorite, the Japanese trying to do it. If it wasn't music, we wouldn't see record labels trying to sign the next biggest rapper, and if it wasn't music we wouldn't see Dr. Dre be a billionaire and go on to produce 2 of the biggest Rappers in Snoop Dogg and Eminem. Maybe you should go listen to some Japanese Hip-Hop to get a better understanding.

Oh since anybody can write a Rap, I'm still challenging you to write a Rap and send it to me, there's 16 bars in one verse and no more than 8 words in 1 bar so... get to it because you said anybody can write a Rap.


May I have your attention please?
I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To fight (to fight)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my chest (come take my chest)
We'll walk through Moscow together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm

Her blue eyes are Perfect, iron fists Superior, Boots are Master
There's food on her Rifle already, Fuheur's Sauerkraut
She's nervous, but on the surface she looks calm and ready to fight,
But she keeps on forgetting what she wrote down,

And I am, NAZI
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
Radio won't even play my jam
'Cause I am, NAZI
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
I don't know it's just the way I am

You better conquer
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to fight
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
You better conquer
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to fight
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

So lets go back
Follow the Road to Victory as we go on another episode
Journey with me as I take you through Moscow
I once used to call home sweet home

Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the berlin now

And when I'm gone, just fight, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my Perfect blue eyes
Just know that I'm looking down on you Marching
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just conquer

And when she's gone, just fight, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of her Superior iron fists
Just know that she's looking down on you Bombing
And her didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just conquer in your Rifle.


I applaud you but your point is still moot that Rap is a no talent art form when in fact there are variations and different styles in every part of the world and along with that there are 4 distinct areas within it, Rapping, breakdancing, DJing, and graffiti and what I'm trying to make you see is that there is more to Hip-Hop than just Rapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LBazktPezg

This guy became a co-professor at a university because of Hip-Hop
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/2/16

Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Markest1 wrote:

You can't just blame a whole genre or genres because of a few artists who are mainstream and satisfy only those on the surface and it would be hard for my people to disown something we created but I don't watch BET and I don't understand nor enjoy today's music.


Yes I can. Rap isn't music and my whole generation got screwed because the music we grew up with was worse than the last generations music. On the plus side the Japanese were making good music for my generation :D

My people? Who are you talking about? Americans, British, some nationality, some culture, or some skin color?


We differ in opinion and honestly I'm not trying to argue and by my people I mean African American as in the whole package, culture, race, and all and I don't really care what the Japanese has done because they certainly were not thinking about me or you when making that music but I'm still saying you can't blame a whole genre of music because of a bad few. Plus how about I say Jpop isn't music which I certainly think isn't true even though I don't listen to it.


The Japanese could be sitting on the pot thinking about trying to poop while writing for all I care. Why do I care what they are thinking about when they write a song? Rappers are just thinking about the money anyways.

A bad few? Rap might as well be some dude talking with a repetitive beat put to it. You could turn congresional speeches into rap just by adding background noise.

Hah their music takes skill, talent, and practice they cant make a new song everyday https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04gjrgDoRb4 any monkey can and does make rap.


That's your reason for Rap not being music? Because you think it's all about money and just some dude not caring about what he says? You got it all wrong, Rap was and still is a way for a message to get out and I'll give you a few. And since anybody can write a Rap, I want to see you write one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gP3m-uBHA Monkeys huh? You try doing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas

Rap is an art form used for expression just as much as anything that you consider music and your the only one on here trying to argue that Rap isn't music and if it wasn't record labels wouldn't be signing Rap artists.

And another thing, I can discredit what's in that link just as much as your trying to discredit a whole genre but I'm not going to because being an artist in general takes a lot of skill and I could really care less about what's in that link because like I said I don't listen to Jpop.


I want to hear music not some dude talking to a beat. 5 year old kids with pots and pans can make music that sound better than rap.

Look man just give it up because I don't know why your still trying to argue a point that is moot as I stated before if it wasn't music, you wouldn't have the British, Mexicans, and your favorite, the Japanese trying to do it. If it wasn't music, we wouldn't see record labels trying to sign the next biggest rapper, and if it wasn't music we wouldn't see Dr. Dre be a billionaire and go on to produce 2 of the biggest Rappers in Snoop Dogg and Eminem. Maybe you should go listen to some Japanese Hip-Hop to get a better understanding.

Oh since anybody can write a Rap, I'm still challenging you to write a Rap and send it to me, there's 16 bars in one verse and no more than 8 words in 1 bar so... get to it because you said anybody can write a Rap.


May I have your attention please?
I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To fight (to fight)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my chest (come take my chest)
We'll walk through Moscow together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm

Her blue eyes are Perfect, iron fists Superior, Boots are Master
There's food on her Rifle already, Fuheur's Sauerkraut
She's nervous, but on the surface she looks calm and ready to fight,
But she keeps on forgetting what she wrote down,

And I am, NAZI
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
Radio won't even play my jam
'Cause I am, NAZI
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
I don't know it's just the way I am

You better conquer
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to fight
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
You better conquer
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to fight
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

So lets go back
Follow the Road to Victory as we go on another episode
Journey with me as I take you through Moscow
I once used to call home sweet home

Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the berlin now

And when I'm gone, just fight, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my Perfect blue eyes
Just know that I'm looking down on you Marching
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just conquer

And when she's gone, just fight, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of her Superior iron fists
Just know that she's looking down on you Bombing
And her didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just conquer in your Rifle.


I applaud you but your point is still moot that Rap is a no talent art form when in fact there are variations and different styles in every part of the world and along with that there are 4 distinct areas within it, Rapping, breakdancing, DJing, and graffiti and what I'm trying to make you see is that there is more to Hip-Hop than just Rapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LBazktPezg

This guy became a co-professor at a university because of Hip-Hop

I never said anything bad about hip hop just rap specifically.
2398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/3/16 , edited 7/3/16

IShouldBeStudying wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

As a Nordic-American I don't get why you guys don't reference your ancestry more. Africa has some really neat traditions and had very powerful empires. Seems strange some artificial gang shit culture gets promoted but the culture that created empires or has lasted for millennia gets ignored.

You guys need more African shows showing the Zulu, Songhai, or Mali. Sort of what they did with Vikings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuuehdOPTPQ FOR GLORY FOR ODIN! FIGHT AND YOU WILL BE TAKEN BY THE VALKYRIES TO VALHALLA!!!


i hate to be that guy but....our ancestry has been blurred by white people. (and don't say "not all white people blah blah blah." You know exactly what white people I'm talking about.) A large majority of us have no idea what tribe we come from, or even what country our ancestors hailed from so it's kind of hard to know exactly what traditions to celebrate. Also, all the shitty rap music being put out now a days is being pushed by old white guys in business suits that don't even listen to rap.

like....THIS is the guy responsible for what gets broadcasted on BET



I'm quite convinced that it's all a part of some diabolical plan to get Black Americans to destroy themselves and each other and sadly it seems to be working quite well.

With that said, we do have a lot of music that talks about our ancestry....it's just most black folks don't even bother listening to it. You Nords have sick ass Viking Metal like Amon Amarth, we have Roots Reggae like Steel Pulse and Peter Tosh. In the early 90s and 2000s we did have a few artists that would talk about black oppression and how we need to come together, but i guess The Suits (the old white guys i mentioned before) weren't having that and well.....now we have today's rap music



If your ancestors were slaves(Not every black person came to America as slaves) then around West Africa would probably be a good place to start when searching for region specific culture. Overall, you don't have to know the exact area to take parts you like to celebrate. Not every white person came from Vikings, yet a lot of them like them and have looked up their culture. I don't see why the same can't be said of African culture. I loved the Shaka Zulu miniseries and they were in South Africa, if I remember.

Also, black people can change the channel, refuse to create music they don't like, or just not listen to it. If the black community can be destroyed by music and a trap many claim to see coming a mile away, then it deserves to be destroyed.


-Those African slaves weren't enslaved just for the sake of being enslaved, they were usually POWs or criminals and they sure as hell weren't tortured for sport like they were in America. They weren't treated like animals, they were treated like servants, butlers if you will.


I'll never understand why most black Americans take on the opinion that Africans were so kind to the slaves they sold and that they were somehow tricked by White people et al. Tribal societies have a very high mortality rate, it was all about pillaging and taking what's yours and making money/resources from them. In 2009, the Civil Rights congress of Nigeria urged African Chiefs to apologies for their role in the slave trade. Why? Because they were raiding defenses villages for the sole purposes of selling them in the slave trade.

It was a business all about making money, it was still terrible business, but business. Staying in consent victim mode and blaming one group of people doesn't help anyone.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.