First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you one of those people who has zero friends and plan to keep it that way ?
4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

Ocale
It's more a matter of finding someone that both has similar interests and is someone that I get along with. An example is mixing (like a DJ). The type of music I like to mix is getting more and more unpopular every day, and a large chunk of people who like it are from other countries and cannot speak English fluently. So, you've got an already unpopular hobby mixed with an unpopular genre and a language barrier. Now add the fact that I'm not fun and there's really no one for me to talk to about it, unless it's a one-sided conversation of me explaining my interests or the other person explaining theirs, which isn't enjoyable for either party, I don't think. And there's always the chance that people dislike me, too, because I'm edgy and a complete prig. Since there really isn't much else to talk about, so I default to talking about myself, because it's about all I have to offer, it's not that I'm my own interest.

Seeing a professional wouldn't do anything other than make people want to hire me less and cost me money.


Sounds to me like you're just being stubborn. You can't not change for someone else. If you live life with only your priorities on top then naturally you won't be able to connect with people. Accepting you're a "loner" doesn't mean you need to live like one forever. I'm sure another "loner" would accept you. As you say, it could be boring, but at least it's someone. There's plenty to talk about!

Have you tried it? I did and it worked for me.
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
I love Humms' post and it actually brought a smile to my face. I find it funny because it reminds of a quote from Red Vs Blue that I find funny with a hint of truth to it.



On topic I personally feel at this point in my life, having any type of meaningful relationship with anyone is not on the table simply because I feel I no longer have the ability to genuinely care about another person on an deep emotional level.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/29/16 , edited 6/29/16
Iam going to quote some rappers;

"A thug changes, love changes, and best friends become strangers" -Nas

"the closest n*gga to ya will do ya an try to screw ya, back stab you in the back an act like he neva knew ya" -Goldie Loc

"I aint shit without my home boys" =Kurupt

"We aint shit without our home boys" -2Pac.

ha that'll do but there are countless songs about the importance of good friends and real friends and child hood friends. Just as there are countless songs about dont trust anyone and back stabbers, fake friends, fair weather associates, etc

To me friends are very important. People to talk to , to trust, help you in times of need, hang out and have fun with, do the things that you enjoy with, etc
But they can also be a burden. They can be annoying, cost you money/scab, ask for too many favours, always borrow your stuff and sometimes you never get it back, borrow money, let you down, want to hang out more than you do, not all get along with each other, etc

I personally like to be pretty self reliant, i dont like asking for help or borrowing off of people and i like to take care of my self plus i enjoy time alone.
But everybody needs help sometimes and i would imagine i would be very unhappy without friends. I have lots of good memories.
Plus having friends, you can be introduced to new things by them and learn things from them.
For example, i was introduced to anime and JRPG's by a friend, same with PC's(like friends talked me into getting one and taught me how to build them and etc), music, etc

Like others have said, you need to find people that you have things in common with. But i have lots of friends where whilst in some ways we are the same or similar, in other ways we are very different. And i have different kinds of friends who live very different life styles.
You have to be the sort of person who isn't too judgemental of others and think ill of everyone to have freinds also.


EDIT:

stars201 wrote:

I don't go out of my way to make friends anymore

But if I happen to make some friends along the way, I wouldn't mind having a few


ha ha that reminds me of a lyric buy Numskull (of the Luniz) "in 1995 i aint making no new mother fucking friends!"
I've felt this way for a long time. I've had my core friends that i know and trust and am simply uninterested in making new friends.
With the excpetion of work mates and mates of mates that i will see every so often through them.


animeMii20 wrote:

FUCK having friends


Ha ha Yukmouth has a good song caleed "fuck friends" the chorus is basically sayin "fuck friends" i cant remeber the whole hook off the top of my head but he says "they all hate you in the end, n*ggas fake and they wanna pretend"


23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
No I have some really great friends and I don't know what I would do without them
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

fairy_tail175 wrote:

No I have some really great friends and I don't know what I would do without them


Yeah like who else will hold your hair back when you're vomiting after drinking too much?
Posted 6/29/16

Cero_of_Clouds wrote:

Sounds to me like you're just being stubborn. You can't not change for someone else. If you live life with only your priorities on top then naturally you won't be able to connect with people. Accepting you're a "loner" doesn't mean you need to live like one forever. I'm sure another "loner" would accept you. As you say, it could be boring, but at least it's someone. There's plenty to talk about!

Have you tried it? I did and it worked for me.


It's easy to play nice and get along with people, it's just a matter of not enjoying it. It's insulting to the person to keep talking to them if it isn't enjoyable, it's like leading them on but with friendship.
11688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


fairy_tail175 wrote:

No I have some really great friends and I don't know what I would do without them


Yeah like who else will hold your hair back when you're vomiting after drinking too much? :P


Hahah maybe when I can legally drink but for now I have no interest in drinking
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

Ocale wrote:

It's easy to play nice and get along with people, it's just a matter of not enjoying it. It's insulting to the person to keep talking to them if it isn't enjoyable, it's like leading them on but with friendship.

Couldn't agree more.



I go out with people, and all I think about is what better things I could be doing at home. I know it's rude, but I don't particularly enjoy the company of others.

Shiisi 
137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
Nah, I don't prefer to use the term "friends", because one can only have a few of those in a lifetime but I do have quite a few associates that i connect with for different things that we agree on mutually such as Gaming or Anime. I love to converse with people within my categories so that we can establish a connection but in order for us to be friends I'd have to know you for a while and we'd have to have a very strong connection, and I mean a very very strong one. I mean a super duper very very very strong connection.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

fairy_tail175 wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:


fairy_tail175 wrote:

No I have some really great friends and I don't know what I would do without them


Yeah like who else will hold your hair back when you're vomiting after drinking too much? :P


Hahah maybe when I can legally drink but for now I have no interest in drinking


haha yeah i was being silly I started drinking quite a bit younger than the law said i was allowed to but that's cool, probably not an entirely bad decision.
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


fairy_tail175 wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:


fairy_tail175 wrote:

No I have some really great friends and I don't know what I would do without them


Yeah like who else will hold your hair back when you're vomiting after drinking too much? :P


Hahah maybe when I can legally drink but for now I have no interest in drinking


haha yeah i was being silly I started drinking quite a bit younger than the law said i was allowed to but that's cool, probably not an entirely bad decision.


Hahaha well thats pretty normal actually
7773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
Life is, has been and well be. It's that simple, oh and I have friends! Well at least I think I do!
17382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/29/16 , edited 6/29/16
I have zero friends due to the fact that I am transgender and live in Croatia. It is impossible to connect with people who I have a lot in common with because those often happen to be intolerant towards LGBT individuals (or just the T part, which is also quite problematic for me). Well, I am talking about real friends here. It is not difficult to find people to casually hang out with, but I do not want that. And I am not certain if online friends can be considered real friends due to various negative sides stemming from the fact that none of them lives in Croatia.
7020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
I don't really like people if I'm honest, but I think it's much better to put in the effort with at least 1 or 2 people and tolerate everybody else just incase you ever need them. Fortunately there are lots of people I know who share the same interests such as anime living close by or go to the same school. Not a lot of effort has been needed recently.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.