Post Reply Resident Evil 7 hype and demo
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 6/28/16 , edited 6/28/16
Feel free to post anything Resident Evil 7 here.

So what was everybody's impression of the new game? Or should I say new demo?
I gotta say it's hard not to call it a P.T. ripoff. Further game news would have you believe the new Resident Evil has been in development even before Silent Hills. Whatever the case the demo showcases something different. At least something different than past Resident Evil games. Further game news would have you believe that this demo is not a part of the final game. It's just a teaser. My thoughts are the staff wanted to send an F U to Konami and P.T. Not sure why but that's what I think. Also I think they were forced to present something at E3 which is another reason for it being a separate experience. Overall I was sort of let down. The demo is really short. Is this a ghost story? What's this family business? And another giant house. Hmm. Either Capcom is really kissing our asses or this is a leap of faith. But, you can be sure I'll buy the game. *Spooky things await*
9516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/28/16
I thought Resident Evil declined after 4 in terms of story and horror ambience.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 6/28/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I thought Resident Evil declined after 4 in terms of story and horror ambience.


I'm slowly being suckered in to Resident Evil. But to be honest I've seen gameplay of 4 and thought it was horrible. "how many village idiots can we kill?"
9516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 6/28/16

deadscreen wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I thought Resident Evil declined after 4 in terms of story and horror ambience.


I'm slowly being suckered in to Resident Evil. But to be honest I've seen gameplay of 4 and thought it was horrible. "how many village idiots can we kill?"


Re4 was where it took the turn for more action oriented gameplay but I neglected to include it because it was also a pretty decent game if not one of the best modern entries, although uneven in its story telling.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/29/16 , edited 6/29/16

deadscreen wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I thought Resident Evil declined after 4 in terms of story and horror ambience.


I'm slowly being suckered in to Resident Evil. But to be honest I've seen gameplay of 4 and thought it was horrible. "how many village idiots can we kill?"


As opposed to how many brain dead and slowly shuffling zombies we can kill? Or how fucking horrible the controls for every RE before 4 was? Or why despite being an official police force S.T.A.R.S had no standard uniform and it's members were such a useless hodgepodge of types that in any world that made sense they would have never found themselves being police officers.

Or the fact every single villain in the RE series acts like all the worse stereotypes of anime villain.

Say what you will about 4 but it's weakness isn't game play and if you spent five actual minutes playing it you'd agree to.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 6/30/16

Ranwolf wrote:


deadscreen wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I thought Resident Evil declined after 4 in terms of story and horror ambience.


I'm slowly being suckered in to Resident Evil. But to be honest I've seen gameplay of 4 and thought it was horrible. "how many village idiots can we kill?"


As opposed to how many brain dead and slowly shuffling zombies we can kill? Or how fucking horrible the controls for every RE before 4 was? Or why despite being an official police force S.T.A.R.S had no standard uniform and it's members were such a useless hodgepodge of types that in any world that made sense they would have never found themselves being police officers.

Or the fact every single villain in the RE series acts like all the worse stereotypes of anime villain.

Say what you will about 4 but it's weakness isn't game play and if you spent five actual minutes playing it you'd agree to.


Would you say Metal Gear is a great game? You probably would. I have some hate for Resident Evil 4 solely because it was a Game Cube exclusive. Which is why there are some apologists that will swear by that game. I saw it for my own eyes. It sucks.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 6/30/16
The Resident Evil 7 staff says they are bringing the horror back. But they say every release is gonna rock. I still think P.T. heavily influenced their new direction.
9787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/30/16
I don't care for what is shown in the demo, personally. Ghosts? Maybe? Kind of sliding a long ways away from the genetic engineering angle that the series is rooted on. I'm getting flashbacks of Amnesia and Outlast. It's jarring to abruptly have first-person POV, too


I'll likely skip over. Not like I don't already pick and choose from amongst RE games. I own REmake and 4. I intend on snagging Revelations 1 and 2, along with Outbreak File #2.
1378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/30/16
I might actually pick it up. I gave up on Resident Evil when it became more action based. Now that they are focusing on horror again I'm quite excited.
15021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/30/16
I like the new direction they are taking, despite the naysayers. They gotta evolve if they wanna stay ahead, not rely on nostalgia.
You must be logged in to post.