First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
"Stalker." "Creep" "Abuse" etc.
18926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F / Reston, VA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

ShadowofSparta wrote:


Razor_Girl wrote:

I find the whole discussion of "stalkers" interesting from various perspectives.

First, in many movies from the original stalker in Fatal Attraction, to many manga and anime, it seems there are more female stalkers than male, although both seem to exist in entertainment.

Second, after living outside Los Angeles for 4 years and seeing the many articles in the paper about people who stalk those in the entertainment industry, it seems like there are roughly an equal number of break ins by men and women reported...although I never did a formal count of this behavior. Not all the stalkers were breaking in some simply camp out like paparazzi.

Third, I personally have been stalked by a man I dated during college. I broke up with him only to discover he was going to friends to find out the classes I was taking so he could sign up for them and sit near me. I'd go on a date to the movie theater and we'd get seated only to have him show up about 10 minutes later and take the seat on my other side. After college, he kept tabs on me by sending people to talk to my mother at her job and ask about me. He's still trying to contact me on Facebook, and other social media despite me blocking him every time he turns up.


That's a very strange kind of love he has. Shame he can't get the hint, as he needs to move on just as much as you do. Sounds unsettling


Yes, he should take a hint. It's been 24 years that he has been following me.
39080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 6/29/16


3057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The 2D World
Online
Posted 6/29/16

Razor_Girl wrote:

24 years


42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

Razor_Girl wrote:


ShadowofSparta wrote:


Razor_Girl wrote:

I find the whole discussion of "stalkers" interesting from various perspectives.

First, in many movies from the original stalker in Fatal Attraction, to many manga and anime, it seems there are more female stalkers than male, although both seem to exist in entertainment.

Second, after living outside Los Angeles for 4 years and seeing the many articles in the paper about people who stalk those in the entertainment industry, it seems like there are roughly an equal number of break ins by men and women reported...although I never did a formal count of this behavior. Not all the stalkers were breaking in some simply camp out like paparazzi.

Third, I personally have been stalked by a man I dated during college. I broke up with him only to discover he was going to friends to find out the classes I was taking so he could sign up for them and sit near me. I'd go on a date to the movie theater and we'd get seated only to have him show up about 10 minutes later and take the seat on my other side. After college, he kept tabs on me by sending people to talk to my mother at her job and ask about me. He's still trying to contact me on Facebook, and other social media despite me blocking him every time he turns up.


That's a very strange kind of love he has. Shame he can't get the hint, as he needs to move on just as much as you do. Sounds unsettling


Yes, he should take a hint. It's been 24 years that he has been following me.


There are ways to stop that. Maybe even some that don't involve hired thugs and a power drill.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
I've had stalker and creeps follow me around, both online and real life. The online user got permanently banned from cr not because I reported them but because a mod here did. It's an experience I rather not go through again.

What did your "fucking around" entailed anyway? constantly calling them whores? If it was at this forum, I'm surprised mod didn't do anything about it.
Posted 6/29/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

I've had stalker and creeps follow me around, both online and real life. The online user got permanently banned from cr not because I reported them but because a mod here did. It's an experience I rather not go through again.

What did your "fucking around" entailed anyway? constantly calling them whores? If it was at this forum, I'm surprised mod didn't do anything about it.


Not constantly. Don't act like a whore and I won't call you one.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

_yuber wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I've had stalker and creeps follow me around, both online and real life. The online user got permanently banned from cr not because I reported them but because a mod here did. It's an experience I rather not go through again.

What did your "fucking around" entailed anyway? constantly calling them whores? If it was at this forum, I'm surprised mod didn't do anything about it.


Not constantly. Don't act like a whore and I won't call you one.
this sounds like a one sided conversation.....
4173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reality
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
Stalkers can be annoying as hell, I once had some chick who would (this was in highschool, maybe 2-3 years?) try to talk to me whenever she got the chance (which wouldn't be so bad, but...), but all she did was talk about Minecraft (ugh). Followed me to lunch (she knew where I was hiding, even before I did), to the library in the morning, after school, etc....
Sogno- 
45756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

stars201 wrote:


lorreen wrote:


stars201 wrote:

you're annoying, you followed me the other day


stars, I'm pretty sure you're joking, but could you start adding emoticons or some indication of that? I've been seeing a lot of posts like this from you and I can imagine for users unfamiliar with you it just looks like being meaninglessly rude is okay on CR

(I still love you though )


Wahhh fine I'll use emoticons , I WAS joking though

I love you too Lorreen-senpai


well I thought it was amusing. i even chuckled

Posted 6/29/16


So did I
7910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

_yuber wrote:

This thread is about attitudes of hostility and how factors such as gender somehow always plays into it sooner or later.

I'm tired of some same old drama on the forums

Ever since I removed the "F" from my account I've been taking shit from skanks on CR that cry "Stalker" when I'm just fucking around having fun teasing these drama whores.

This goes out to the drama queens : Ain't nobody stalking your paranoid ass.

You know I don't even care really, as I know what's true and what isn't, so, moving to the point I want to make:

Now this seems to be another way how differently society sees men and women differently. If someone percieved as female were to tease someone its considered playful and if not, its considered harrassment.

Whenever a guy claims "abuse", its taken with a grain of salt, whereas a woman does it people freak the fuck out.

I hate being female, and am not particuarly all that feminine online, so I don't always really care if I'm percieved as a male,. just saying people are fucking stupid over the dumbest shit. Aint nobody coming after you with an ave no matter what shit you start. not all of us life for your griefer drama shit.

Well, are all guys that tease you back stalkers, ladies? And gents, how you feel about being the center of some paranoid bitches conspiracy theories? I keep wanting to say get help and on some meds, cuz I aint the one that wants your sick pathetic ass. get a boyfirend to feel secure about your sorry and just stfu.

Who has encountered someone that wants to demonize you and drag you into their little hate societies bc we get guys on pretty tight leashes due to feminazis and feminists. Only so much can one say hey i didn't do it, leave ME alone, this forum is for everybody. thanks.



WOWSERS

I guess as lightly as you take it to teasing these "CR skanks", they take the term "stalker" just as lightly. I mean I have real-life stalkers where police are involved, but I'm not going to scream and cry about it.

And in real life, I've encountered a guy being sexually abused/raped by a female at a work setting. I tried to help him fill in the forms to claim the blatant sexual harassment, but he instead decided to quit and not say anything rather than proceed with a complaint. Which I find sad. Females are just as bad, if not worse about online stalking, and probably in real life too.

To answer your question, no. Not all guys that "tease" me are stalkers.

Fuck what society thinks. Just think outside the box.
3045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / in between
Offline
Posted 6/29/16 , edited 6/29/16
I've never been demonized through the phenomena you're talking about though I witness it often online. Probably I avoid it because I don't 'tease' people who I haven't personally known for a while. I've had friends who have been stalked and creeped upon, certainly. There is truth to both sides of this seemingly perpetual argument. I've found it's best to take stock of yourself and observe your own reactions. I often ask myself why I feel so angry or frustrated reading hate or flawed arguments on the internet. What is it I need in that moment? Connection with others? Understanding? Then I can figure out where to go from there.

There's not much you can do about how other people react unless you're willing to put in the time to honestly engage them without bringing your own preconceptions and baggage into the conversation. Then it's only a matter of [edit:learning to] empathize with their point of view until they feel they've been heard. If you can then express your point of view sufficiently so that they can empathize and are willing to do so, you may actually end up walking away from a conversation feeling lighter. Or at least realizing that we're all people and have our own issues and we're using the internet as an outlet to vent our shit or find whatever little bit of pleasure we can, just like I'm doing now.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/29/16

_yuber wrote:

Not constantly. Don't act like a whore and I won't call you one.


And yah ain't?

48438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
104 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16
move to a country that suits your standard of life
715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/16 , edited 6/30/16
So OP is salty because he teases girls who don't have any interest in him, so then he calls them "drama whores"... right. OP you're just a salty weirdo, and this thread is doing nothing for you but revealing how messed up you are.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.