First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Sex Education
Posted 2/19/08
yes they should. cuz its fun and funny to hear my teachers say the 'words' lollol and its more helpful then social studies + calm + math all together
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 2/19/08
Class didnt teach me anything. My parents completely avoided the subject. Had to learn by myself.
Posted 2/19/08
ditched that part of class.
30210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
Our sex education was very expliciet. I guess they wanted to freak us.
I was thankful for health class b/c my parents wouldn't tell me shit.
412764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / verdi nevada.
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
i think they should show more like porn with edit bars and teach how to make it safe instead of jus shuger coating everything cuz its nothing to great but its so lame they dont teach ya nothing
30210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

memphit wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:

No, sex ed encourages children/teens to have sex thinking that "everything is alright, as long as you wear a condom, or swallow a pill"

Schools ought to teach 'moral' instead.


i disagree. schools ought to give information, and let the kids decide on the morals.


That is exactly the cause of teenage pregnancy.


No, irresponsibility in the household, the media, and between peers is the cause. The school isn't there to force morals upon children, its an educational center. Just like many people don't believe in preaching religion in school. The fact is, the cause of teenage pregnancy can be thwarted if kids know how to properly use contraceptions. Besides, you should know already, kids are going to do what they want The school can't force morals on kids.


Your so right on. "Moral education" is total crap, There's way to much temptation in this world. No matter how many morals you have. Were all humans and humans make mistakes.

I am totally grateful for my educators w/ provided true facts about STD, HIV, Pregnancy and blah, blah, blah.

P.S condoms are cheaper/easier then an unwanted pregnancy or Death.
2193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
yeah use protection lol
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / el paso, tx
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
does it really matter? kids are gonna do it nayways..all sex ed does is scare us and tells its ok as long as we wear condoms.(by scare i mean my teacher showed us picture of stds..
2478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
yes sex ed is good because im sorry to say most parents are stupid
5032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Glasgow
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
Of course! Its essential for young people to learn about sex.
1331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

Ube_ wrote:


memphit wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:


HayatellAyasaki wrote:

No, sex ed encourages children/teens to have sex thinking that "everything is alright, as long as you wear a condom, or swallow a pill"

Schools ought to teach 'moral' instead.


i disagree. schools ought to give information, and let the kids decide on the morals.


That is exactly the cause of teenage pregnancy.


No, irresponsibility in the household, the media, and between peers is the cause. The school isn't there to force morals upon children, its an educational center. Just like many people don't believe in preaching religion in school. The fact is, the cause of teenage pregnancy can be thwarted if kids know how to properly use contraceptions. Besides, you should know already, kids are going to do what they want The school can't force morals on kids.


Your so right on. "Moral education" is total crap, There's way to much temptation in this world. No matter how many morals you have. Were all humans and humans make mistakes.

I am totally grateful for my educators w/ provided true facts about STD, HIV, Pregnancy and blah, blah, blah.

P.S condoms are cheaper/easier then an unwanted pregnancy or Death.


I totally agree. Teenagers are going to have sex regardless of sex education. In that way, sex-ed helps in teaching teens about protection and the options that they have. In fact, I just had sex-education again a couple months ago, and there were things about STD's that even I didn't know, which is really helpful. They also talk about abstinence, so it's not like they're saying, "Hey go have sex, just use a condom." They're giving you a choice, and really, that choice is ultimately yours.
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Southern Californ...
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
They should teach the biology aspect of it, and of the many possible ramifications. There's a lot more than just pregnancy and STD's involved with sex. An educated society is a better prepared society.
178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
It's good to know about stuff. : )
1307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / simply floating
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
good to understand, but after a while very repetitive.
teachers still censor a lot of things.
3921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Forever married t...
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
I'm in the middle cause I really feel so akward when they bring up the class and/or we have to start it....(my school has to start it after spring break)but in some cases it can be useful! My parents talk to me all the time about it(i don't like it when they say "we need to have "the talk")They try to warn me about it cause I date now(though im 12 years old)and they don't like it(I just say fuck off)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.