First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Tales of Zestiria the X Discussion
38419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/10/16
Still not really sure what's going on but it's slowly starting to come together. The animation is just incredible. Perfect Ufotable. I love that Fhana does the ED. I like that the previews are done in game dialogue format. Works perfectly for the series.
8256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 7/10/16
More story and less introduction this time but the pieces are falling into place nicely. Sorey isn't totally unlikable, which is good. I have to say that the bit with the bugs was actually pretty creepy and well done. Overall, this is continuing very nicely.
18727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 7/10/16
I hope they animate the whole story and don't cut it off halfway like they did God Eater
13171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/16

chronomasakari wrote:

I hope they animate the whole story and don't cut it off halfway like they did God Eater


Looks like they will cut it half way. The anime seems to have only 13 episodes, including Episode 0. Judging by the pace of the series...



Shame, because I have really liked the adaptation so far.
63870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 7/10/16

Arantes wrote:


chronomasakari wrote:

I hope they animate the whole story and don't cut it off halfway like they did God Eater


Looks like they will cut it half way. The anime seems to have only 13 episodes, including Episode 0. Judging by the pace of the series...



Shame, because I have really liked the adaptation so far.


This show is going to be a split cour with the second half airing in the winter season. Unlike with God Eater, this was planned from the beginning.
13171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/16

Bakaneer wrote:


Arantes wrote:


chronomasakari wrote:

I hope they animate the whole story and don't cut it off halfway like they did God Eater


Looks like they will cut it half way. The anime seems to have only 13 episodes, including Episode 0. Judging by the pace of the series...



Shame, because I have really liked the adaptation so far.


This show is going to be a split cour with the second half airing in the winter season. Unlike with God Eater, this was planned from the beginning.


That's good news.

Looks like we might be seeing the whole series being animated.
25027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 7/10/16 , edited 7/10/16

Watchin' episode 1 made me realize ----- I'm watching Tales of Zestiria: Doushi no Yoake, except in greater detail. XD

Ahh~ but that's alright. At least it ties some of the loose ends from the anime special.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 7/11/16

Arantes wrote:


Bakaneer wrote:


Arantes wrote:


chronomasakari wrote:

I hope they animate the whole story and don't cut it off halfway like they did God Eater


Looks like they will cut it half way. The anime seems to have only 13 episodes, including Episode 0. Judging by the pace of the series...



Shame, because I have really liked the adaptation so far.


This show is going to be a split cour with the second half airing in the winter season. Unlike with God Eater, this was planned from the beginning.


That's good news.

Looks like we might be seeing the whole series being animated.


I have read that they will be changing up / adding to the story. Which is a good thing. I played the game and it felt very half-assed, definitely not something you could properly make an anime of on its own.
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/11/16
They cancelled God Eater that sucks. Well I have high hopes for this show. Like most series I just randomly started watching this without even reading the description (the best way), I holy shit I was blown away by that animation! I didn't know UFOTable animated this till just now haha, it seems they are really perfecting their high tech animation style. I felt God Eater could look to idk digital or shiny but was still fantastic looking. That apocolypse scene in the first episode is really mindblowing, I have never scene such perfect blending of CG and traditional animation when those rocks started flying!
63870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
Episode 2

To answer Alisha's question, Sorey is just a normal human and not a Shepherd. So Sorey ends up bringing Alisha to the village in violation of the village law, and she delivers news of what was prophesized with the world covered in darkness and needs to find the Shepherd quickly. From all this, Sorey and Alisha become partners who will find a way for humans and Seraphims to live in peace. Alisha exits, but shortly afterwards, a Hellion invades the village. Just when it looked like things were going well, things became serious just like that with Alisha being targeted. So being the type of person he is, Sorey goes looking for her while Mikleo joins him. That was some nice development there seeing that things are about to get dicey.
215215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16
Episode 3

Well the segment of Alisha this episode after meeting the others is quite similar to the OVA.

Rest of the episode is what I liked with the character focus. Alisha still has some PTSD moments as well. Sorey already developed some trust with Alisha too. What a bro. I haven't played the game yet so I don't know much about the Hellions so hopefully they get more into depth about those creatures later on.

On the technical front, ufotable fucking nailed this episode. A lot of strong visual scenes.



Ending is a reflection of the OVA special that aired almost two years ago, glad they are keeping the quality in this TV series.
38419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
So how did they get "Elysium" from "Izuchi"? Translation error or carry over from the game?

Also, I look forward to seeing Mikleo doing the previews with a funny face for the rest of the series.
6201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
This one is definitely staying in my queue. The animation is still great, the story is getting even better and I'm slowly getting to like the characters better.

I'm very glad that I knew nothing about the story or the characters before watching this. No preconceptions and I can just enjoy it as it goes along. Almost always better that way.
22932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16
Not sure who is stronger foxboy or gramps and his stilettos was wishing for a challenge any way ready for more battle scenes and done with back ground episodes moving forward to next week.
215215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
Apparently, from what I've heard,
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.