First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Man shot and stabbed outside mosque in Texas.
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/3/16
http://abc13.com/1411728/

This is scary. Sadly, it's not very surprising.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/3/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

http://abc13.com/1411728/

This is scary. Sadly, it's not very surprising.


As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.

Sad world.
runec 
28280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/16
This is....not good. Even for Texas.



reaperx- wrote:
As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.


Yes, and there's nothing going on in the current US political climate that could be making this worse....

I also sincerely question the effectiveness of combating terrorism by stabbing an optometrist.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/3/16
So it started out as a robbery and he ended up getting shot, probably because he fought back. Sucks anyone gets shot over a robbery unless it's the person committing the crime.




reaperx- wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

http://abc13.com/1411728/

This is scary. Sadly, it's not very surprising.


As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.

Sad world.


Are you implying that it happened to him because he's a Muslim and the people who shot him did it out of revenge for the terrorist attacks?



Police say there is no indication this is a hate crime, but those who worship at the mosque are on edge.


I'm betting it's just a robbery that turned bad.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/3/16 , edited 7/3/16

D4nc3Style wrote:

So it started out as a robbery and he ended up getting shot, probably because he fought back. Sucks anyone gets shot over a robbery unless it's the person committing the crime.




reaperx- wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

http://abc13.com/1411728/

This is scary. Sadly, it's not very surprising.


As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.

Sad world.


Are you implying that it happened to him because he's a Muslim and the people who shot him did it out of revenge for the terrorist attacks?



Police say there is no indication this is a hate crime, but those who worship at the mosque are on edge.


I'm betting it's just a robbery that turned bad.


I'm not implying anything. I'm just stating my personal observations/beliefs on the world.

You're likely right about the robbery part, and this was just a robbery gone-wrong. Whether it mattered to the robbers that he was muslim is still up for question and couldn't possibly be confirmed until they (the attackers) stated that (his religious preference) was the reason they attacked him.

So far though, most of the sources have stated that three men approached him out of the blue, before one stabbed him and the other shot him twice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslim-man-shot-mosque-texas_us_577904b8e4b0a629c1aa5cab
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/muslim-doctor-shot-and-stabbed-outside-mosque-in-texas-a7117031.html

24954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/3/16

reaperx- wrote:
As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.


You're kind of labeling a population and criticizing labeling a population with the same breath. Just a heads up.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/3/16 , edited 7/3/16

Kavalion wrote:


reaperx- wrote:
As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.


You're kind of labeling a population and criticizing labeling a population with the same breath. Just a heads up.


I'm labeling a population I was born into, live with every day, and am a part of.
You're right though, it is still labeling, my bad.
4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/16 , edited 7/3/16

Kavalion wrote:


reaperx- wrote:
As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.


You're kind of labeling a population and criticizing labeling a population with the same breath. Just a heads up.


Although it is kind of labeling, he's not far off from the truth. A good majority of the population believe the bogus information provided by biased media or by "leaders" such as governors. If the majority of people didn't believe that crap, do you think Trump would've gotten as far as he has? Call it labeling, but it has some truth.
24954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/3/16

Cero_of_Clouds wrote:Although it is kind of labeling, he's not far off from the truth. A good majority of the population believe the bogus information provided by biased media or by "leaders" such as governors. If the majority of people didn't believe that crap, do you think Trump would've gotten as far as he has? Call it labeling, but it has some truth.


It's like saying ISIL wouldn't have gotten as far as it has if a good majority of Muslims didn't believe in bogus terrorist ideology.

Just stop trying to do it. We should stick to the message of eliminating prejudice and not fall into its trap. That's my opinion, anyway.
runec 
28280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/16

reaperx- wrote:
So far though, most of the sources have stated that three men approached him out of the blue, before one stabbed him and the other shot him twice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslim-man-shot-mosque-texas_us_577904b8e4b0a629c1aa5cab


The worst part about that is it links to another story about a guy that got beaten up outside his mosque in Florida.

Maybe you guys should build that wall. Just...a bit more north and east.

4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/16 , edited 7/3/16

Kavalion

It's like saying ISIL wouldn't have gotten as far as it has if a good majority of Muslims didn't believe in bogus terrorist ideology.

Just stop trying to do it. We should stick to the message of eliminating prejudice and not fall into its trap. That's my opinion, anyway.


But... It's true. If people didn't listen to the bogus ideology and had a better sense of judgement then things wouldn't go as far. Now, because of that truth is it excusable to label an entire group of people? Of course not. I guess that's why it's called labeling theory... Most theories have some truth, but is not applicable entirely. Getting rid of prejudice is going to take eternity if not it won't ever happen. That's an ideology in itself albeit a good one. Also, there's is no way to eliminate prejudice itself. Would you be willing to fight for a child molester? That's a label, right? See? Context matters over ideas, in my opinion.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/3/16

Kavalion wrote:


Cero_of_Clouds wrote:Although it is kind of labeling, he's not far off from the truth. A good majority of the population believe the bogus information provided by biased media or by "leaders" such as governors. If the majority of people didn't believe that crap, do you think Trump would've gotten as far as he has? Call it labeling, but it has some truth.


It's like saying ISIL wouldn't have gotten as far as it has if a good majority of Muslims didn't believe in bogus terrorist ideology.

Just stop trying to do it. We should stick to the message of eliminating prejudice and not fall into its trap. That's my opinion, anyway.


Eliminating prejudice... if only this was a perfect world where that was possible.

27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 7/3/16 , edited 7/4/16
Liberals desperately trying to spin the robber as a victim.

Wow have you no shame?
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 7/3/16

Kavalion wrote:


reaperx- wrote:
As the amount of muslim terror attacks rise (or just terror attacks, the majority of the southern populace blames muslims regardless of if they indeed did the crime or not), the frequency of events like this will continue to rise.


You're kind of labeling a population and criticizing labeling a population with the same breath. Just a heads up.


he/she's not wrong though.

To be honest, I"m not surprised there's not MORE attacks considering how people are hyped over Trump's remarks.
Posted 7/3/16
What the fuck is the world coming to? I guess it's always been like this, but still....
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.