First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply more shootings, more violent protests
24509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

It's in their job description. They respond to crimes... So that tit for tat stuff doesn't make sense. Cops getting shot at is not the same as innocent people being intentionally killed by cops.


Whether or not it's something they have to be prepared to face does not negate the fact that 5 cops just died for no reason.


I did not say it did. 5 cops are dead. That happened. Their deaths and the countless other shoot outs with police are not comparable to innocent civilians being gunned down my cops. That's my opinion and it differs from your's and I'm not the least bit sorry you are offended by it.
33562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

MysticGon wrote:
I did not say it did. 5 cops are dead. That happened. Their deaths and the countless other shoot outs with police are not comparable to innocent civilians being gunned down my cops. That's my opinion and it differs from your's and I'm not the least bit sorry you are offended by it.


I'm not the least bit offended. Very amused, though.

Hey, does it not occur to you that maybe we should consider these 5 cops completely unrelated to the crimes of other cops as people, too? Let's also take a moment to learn the difference between cops in a shootout because they are doing their job and cops being gunned down because they wear all blue.
24509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

I'm not the least bit offended. Very amused, though.

Hey, does it not occur to you that maybe we should consider these 5 cops completely unrelated to the crimes of other cops as people, too? Let's also take a moment to learn the difference between cops in a shootout because they are doing their job and cops being gunned down because they wear all blue.


Police officers understand the risk when they take the oath. There is no rule book, training or a oath a black infant can read or take when he is born into or brought to the U.S.

Kind of like how you shouldn't kill civilians in a war zone, but by signing up for the military you assume a certain amount of risk. They are people and their deaths are tragic but their profession, which puts them in contact with enemy combatants or criminals, had more to do with their deaths than anything.

For the black men that died their skin color was their only sin.
33562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

MysticGon wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

I'm not the least bit offended. Very amused, though.

Hey, does it not occur to you that maybe we should consider these 5 cops completely unrelated to the crimes of other cops as people, too? Let's also take a moment to learn the difference between cops in a shootout because they are doing their job and cops being gunned down because they wear all blue.


Police officers understand the risk when they take the oath.

So do soldiers when they are shipped out to Afghanistan. Do they deserve death, too?


There is no rule book, training or a oath a black infant can read or take when he is born into or brought to the U.S.

Kind of like how you shouldn't kill civilians in a war zone, but by signing up for the military you assume a certain amount of risk. They are people and their deaths are tragic but their profession, which puts them in contact with enemy combatants or criminals, had more to do with their deaths than anything.

Your point?


For the black men that died their skin color was their only sin.

For the white men that died, their skin color and uniform were their only sins.

Now, a split leap! I have commanded it!
7725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 7/9/16
I don't think anyone here is arguing the police in Dallas deserved to be murdered.
33562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/9/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I don't think anyone here is arguing the police in Dallas deserved to be murdered.

He is saying it is a non-issue in comparison to the deaths of blacks by the hands of cops.

He also implies it when he says "It's part of their job description.". Just because they can die doesn't mean they should.
24509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

I'm not the least bit offended. Very amused, though.

Hey, does it not occur to you that maybe we should consider these 5 cops completely unrelated to the crimes of other cops as people, too? Let's also take a moment to learn the difference between cops in a shootout because they are doing their job and cops being gunned down because they wear all blue.


Police officers understand the risk when they take the oath.

So do soldiers when they are shipped out to Afghanistan. Do they deserve death, too?


There is no rule book, training or a oath a black infant can read or take when he is born into or brought to the U.S.

Kind of like how you shouldn't kill civilians in a war zone, but by signing up for the military you assume a certain amount of risk. They are people and their deaths are tragic but their profession, which puts them in contact with enemy combatants or criminals, had more to do with their deaths than anything.

Your point?


For the black men that died their skin color was their only sin.

For the white men that died, their skin color and uniform were their only sins.

Now, a split leap! I have commanded it!



I see why you feel some sort of way about it. But that's my opinion and you have to learn how deal with people who disagree with you in a mature way.

Still through this conversation it's easy to see how some cops can put themselves on a pedestal... I can only hope these events will bring about change.
7725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:
He is saying it is a non-issue in comparison to the deaths of blacks by the hands of cops.

He also implies it when he says "It's part of their job description.". Just because they can die doesn't mean they should.


Police dying in the line of duty is tragic, sure. And we should also expect the police not to needlessly kill the people they are charged with protecting.
33562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:
He is saying it is a non-issue in comparison to the deaths of blacks by the hands of cops.

He also implies it when he says "It's part of their job description.". Just because they can die doesn't mean they should.


Police dying in the line of duty is tragic, sure. And we should also expect the police not to needlessly kill the people they are charged with protecting.

Funny you mention that, actually. Were the police actively gunning down people that were at the rally? Weird. I don't recall reading that in the news article.


MysticGon wrote:

I can only hope these events will bring about change.

Seems likely.
5057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I don't think anyone here is arguing the police in Dallas deserved to be murdered.

He is saying it is a non-issue in comparison to the deaths of blacks by the hands of cops.

He also implies it when he says "It's part of their job description.". Just because they can die doesn't mean they should.


Yet there have been more whites killed by cops this year

24509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:
He is saying it is a non-issue in comparison to the deaths of blacks by the hands of cops.

He also implies it when he says "It's part of their job description.". Just because they can die doesn't mean they should.


Police dying in the line of duty is tragic, sure. And we should also expect the police not to needlessly kill the people they are charged with protecting.


Any reasonable person would agree but hate has a funny way of clouding people's judgement.
7725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Funny you mention that, actually. Were the police actively gunning down people that were at the rally? Weird. I don't recall reading that in the news article.


Did you deliberately misread my post because you're trying to be argumentative?
33562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/9/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Funny you mention that, actually. Were the police actively gunning down people that were at the rally? Weird. I don't recall reading that in the news article.


Did you deliberately misread my post because you're trying to be argumentative?

No. I read your post in the only way that it can possibly be read without being a non-sequitur.
7725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 7/9/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:
No. I read your post in the only way that it can possibly be read without being a non-sequitur.


Obviously not since you're accusing me of saying things that appeared nowhere in my post.
33562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/9/16 , edited 7/9/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:
No. I read your post in the only way that it can possibly be read without being a non-sequitur.


Obviously not since you're accusing me of saying things that appeared nowhere in my post.

Since you seem to lack basic cognition, I was saying that your statement from before made literally no sense (as an application to this particular situation), and it got a reply deserving as such.

Anyway, once again, I'm done here.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.