First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Mob Psycho 100 Discussion
14988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/12/16 , edited 9/12/16

Magilad wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:

Well, that was terribly average.
Well, that's how it starts out. Not counting the paranormal stuff the show/webcomic is kinda slice of life-ish. This comic is a slow burn with a lot of stand alone stories. But the cases with Mob and Reigen will escalate as things go on, but 12 episodes probably won't be enough to get the more engaging arcs and Mob's gradual (and I mean gradual) development and independence from Reigen.



I can't say that tempted me to continue watching ^^ Reigen is already pissing me off along with terrible humour, so I can't possibly tolerate him for 11 more episodes.
1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/16
Decent first episode, certainly not amazing.
I agree with most people and thought Reigen was a bit annoying at times.
This episode felt merely like an introduction. I expect things to get better.
1612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

Ryuouka wrote:


Magilad wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:

Well, that was terribly average.
Well, that's how it starts out. Not counting the paranormal stuff the show/webcomic is kinda slice of life-ish. This comic is a slow burn with a lot of stand alone stories. But the cases with Mob and Reigen will escalate as things go on, but 12 episodes probably won't be enough to get the more engaging arcs and Mob's gradual (and I mean gradual) development and independence from Reigen.



I can't say that tempted me to continue watching ^^ Reigen is already pissing me off along with terrible humour, so I can't possibly tolerate him for 11 more episodes.
Well, Reigen has a better side that is shown from time to time in how he can support Mob or give him useful advice, but if you can't tolerate how he uses Mob (or tricks others for his business) at this point you probably won't have the patience to see his good side. Which is understandable. Without spoiling details sometimes Reigen goes too far.
25546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Tampa FL, USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

curr0001 wrote:

Oh I think Mob knows. He just want Reigen to have all the credit so Mob can have a normal-ish life.


and there that 100% Mob goes nuke thing.


I had considered the possibility that he does know -- if so, that makes me like the show more. If he is always asking why Reigen doesn't do something, knowing full well he can't, it makes the character of Mob seem more generous in helping a bumbling master "save face".

There was one bit in the first episode that made me think there might be something to this -- Mob sent his energy to protect Reigen. So it could be inferred from that action that Mobs knows Reigen is defenseless.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/16
It was obvious Mob knows Reigen doesn't have powers. He's just humoring Reigen because Reigen is the only guy who appreciates his powers. Next episode will show why Mob stopped using his powers even though he could use it to make him look cool and special.
1612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

jason_maranto wrote:


curr0001 wrote:

Oh I think Mob knows. He just want Reigen to have all the credit so Mob can have a normal-ish life.


and there that 100% Mob goes nuke thing.


I had considered the possibility that he does know -- if so, that makes me like the show more. If he is always asking why Reigen doesn't do something, knowing full well he can't, it makes the character of Mob seem more generous in helping a bumbling master "save face".

There was one bit in the first episode that made me think there might be something to this -- Mob sent his energy to protect Reigen. So it could be inferred from that action that Mobs knows Reigen is defenseless.
I think deep down Mob knows the truth, but since Reigen is his "mentor" he ignores the obvious fact out of what respect he has for him.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

Magilad wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:


Magilad wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:

Well, that was terribly average.
Well, that's how it starts out. Not counting the paranormal stuff the show/webcomic is kinda slice of life-ish. This comic is a slow burn with a lot of stand alone stories. But the cases with Mob and Reigen will escalate as things go on, but 12 episodes probably won't be enough to get the more engaging arcs and Mob's gradual (and I mean gradual) development and independence from Reigen.



I can't say that tempted me to continue watching ^^ Reigen is already pissing me off along with terrible humour, so I can't possibly tolerate him for 11 more episodes.
Well, Reigen has a better side that is shown from time to time in how he can support Mob or give him useful advice, but if you can't tolerate how he uses Mob (or tricks others for his business) at this point you probably won't have the patience to see his good side. Which is understandable. Without spoiling details sometimes Reigen goes too far.

Reigen may be a con man, but he does give value for his services (as we will see) and tries his best to give everyone good advice while conning them.

Most of his clients don't have spirit problems, they only think they do. Reigen solves their problems, usually through advise or physical labor, and charges a fair price for his help. The real con is, he allows plays along with their beliefs while solving their problems.

As a mentor to Mob, he is actually quite good. He's teaching Mob to use his powers ethically and offering solid life advice to a troubled young man.

32238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

jason_maranto wrote:


curr0001 wrote:

Oh I think Mob knows. He just want Reigen to have all the credit so Mob can have a normal-ish life.


and there that 100% Mob goes nuke thing.


I had considered the possibility that he does know -- if so, that makes me like the show more. If he is always asking why Reigen doesn't do something, knowing full well he can't, it makes the character of Mob seem more generous in helping a bumbling master "save face".

There was one bit in the first episode that made me think there might be something to this -- Mob sent his energy to protect Reigen. So it could be inferred from that action that Mobs knows Reigen is defenseless.


That what made me suspect as well. We will see if the theory hold up in later eps
76466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 7/13/16
hmmm

It wasn't anything special , so far.
Didn't have the same feel as OPM. Of course the art is more of ONE , not like Murata sensei awesome illustrations of OPM.

And Reigen is annoying as hell. Too bad Sakurai san is voicing that character .The humor in this episode wasn't funny at all not like Disastrous Life of Saiki .

OPM comedy stems from Saitama's character and I love that writing and is much better than this.

I guess I have watch and see if its gets better.

14128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 7/14/16 , edited 9/12/16
I wasn't expecting to like this at all, because I couldn't get into one punch man, and guess what I didn't like this at all.... I think I just have a huge disconnect when it comes to the writer. The only thing I liked at all was the art and animation. But since I didn't care about the story, wait is there a story? I don't really care how good it is animated I guess.

It feels like it should be good but I just have zero interest in it, how odd... this is why I hate rating anime, because shows like this, it feels like everything was amazing, but I didn't like it what so ever. It was the same as one punch man or as I call it one dimension man.
41326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/14/16 , edited 7/14/16

Kurodenki wrote:

I'm surprised to see some people found Reigen annoying. I thought he was really funny. He carried this first episode imo.




For a second there, I thought they would try to count to 100 in a 90-second OP...


A good reviewer compares this to FLCL / Excel Saga ( Not all people liked them )Very in depth! ( PARTIAL Quote)


First Impressions – Mob Psycho 100

Lost in Anime / Guardian Enzo

Full disclosure – I saw not just the premiere of Mob Psycho 100 but the second episode as well last week. Bones founder Minami Masahiko hosted a screening at Anime Expo, and I’ll say this much – – whatever you thought of the premiere, trust me on this, the second episode is far better. And that’s coming from someone who’d rank the premiere as one of the best of the season. Bear in mind this week’s ep was comprised more of less of omake chapters stitched into a series introduction, with next week’s more the true beginning of the story proper.

The thing is, though, that Mob Psycho 100 isn’t going to be for everybody, just as One Punch Man wasn’t for everybody. Mangaka ONE’s visual style is obviously singular and frankly weird, but his storytelling approach is too, is somewhat subtler ways. This series is frantic and disjointed and way, way over the top – – there are definitely elements of stuff like FLCL and Excel Saga here as much as OPM. But I would encourage you to stick with MP100, because – as you know if you watched (or read) One Punch Man, ONE isn’t simply throwing crazy against the wall for its own sake. He’s a writer with a perspective and a vision, with something to say and a good idea of how to say it. And I think Mob Psycho 100 is broadly speaking a more approachable and less overtly ridiculous story in substance than OPM, even if it’s perhaps more so in style!

http://lostinanime.com/2016/07/first-impressions-mob-psycho-100/


Posting my quick take too all in one post!

Mob Psycho 100 EP 1 / Self-Proclaimed Psychic: Reigen Arataka ~And Mob~

It was good / I am just behind and need another EP to feell more confortable about writing .This with Saiki will be fun watches There are high and low points about the animation but another look should get me set !

Like I said it was basically my next to last summer show to debut so I am worn out!

OP "99" by MOB Choir

ED "Refrain Boy" by All Off

( liked Their work on HEAVY OBJECT Opening Theme's
#1: "One More Chance!!" by ALL OFF
#2: "Never Gave Up" by ALL OFF)
8039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
They're going to The Lost Village!

I know it's by the same author as One Punch Man, but it just hasn't grabbed my attention on the same way yet. I guess it's neat that they kept the "low quality" style as people have mentioned.


I didn't know they based a character off Keiji Inafune.
12361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Hamilton, ON, Canada
Offline
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16
I definitely enjoyed it so far. I'm a One Punch fan too of course.

Follow my facebook page @animememes1337 for more daily pics. https://www.facebook.com/AnimeMemes1337
215207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
So stylistic


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.