First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Sanders Endorses Clinton
Posted 7/12/16
*Note: If this is a duplicate thread, lock it please*

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/07/12/bernie-sanders-endorse-hillary-clinton-today-new-hampshire/86954050/

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — They spent more than a year trading barbs over both policy and judgement. But Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders worked to put that behind them on Tuesday, standing side-by-side in a high school gym as Sanders endorsed his former rival and told a cheering crowd that Clinton would “make an outstanding president.”

“She will be the Democratic nominee for president and I intend to do everything I can to make certain she will be the next president of the United States,” he said.

Clinton said her general-election race against presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump will be more enjoyable now that she and the Vermont senator are on the same side. She urged Sanders' supporters to join her campaign and make it their own.

"We are stronger together," she said.

Sanders decision to finally endorse Clinton effectively ended his own own long-shot primary campaign, which defied expectations and tested the notion that Clinton’s claim to the Democratic nomination was inevitable.



Really though, I kind of feel bad for Sander supporters...

Posted 7/12/16
Posted 7/12/16


I forgot those cookies even existed @_@

I miss them
10616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/12/16

WeeabooWarrior wrote:



I forgot those cookies even existed @_@

I miss them :(


http://www.royal-dansk.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Dansk-Butter-Cookies-Lb/dp/B001QX6FWC

To help weather the tears of Bernie Sanders inevitable betrayal of the Democrat supporting minions.
5116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/16

gornotck wrote:

http://www.royal-dansk.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Dansk-Butter-Cookies-Lb/dp/B001QX6FWC

To help weather the tears of Bernie Sanders inevitable betrayal of the Democrat supporting minions.


It's not betrayal since he's been saying that if he doesn't get the Democratic nomination then he will support whoever does.
10616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/12/16

Granitefish wrote:


gornotck wrote:

http://www.royal-dansk.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Dansk-Butter-Cookies-Lb/dp/B001QX6FWC

To help weather the tears of Bernie Sanders inevitable betrayal of the Democrat supporting minions.


It's not betrayal since he's been saying that if he doesn't get the Democratic nomination then he will support whoever does.


There are those who do feel betrayed, though, regardless of what he may have said about supporting whoever gets the Democrat nomination. His betrayal of their shining ideals was inevitable, and Royal Dansk can help them weather that pain until their next inevitable betrayal by the ideologue they put their faith in.
Posted 7/12/16 , edited 7/12/16
That's how politicians are. They will be at each others' throats until a winner is decided, then they brown-nose for favor with the winner. Its insightful in how shallow and power-hungry they are.
9514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 7/12/16
Honestly? He's probably more anti Trump than pro Hillary Clinton.
24265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/16 , edited 7/12/16

quincristine wrote:

That's how politicians are. They will be at each others' throats until a winner is decided, then they brown-nose for favor with the winner. Its insightful in how shallow and power-hungry they are.


He got her to lean more to the left so it's something of a win for him. But overall, yeah he's a sellout.
13139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/16
Why should this be considered a betrayal? He's endorsing the candidate that he feels most closely conforms to his views of the two that have a shot at winning. That is logical, and it was expected..
24265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/16 , edited 7/12/16
Should of went Green... I mean he hates Wall St and 1%ers yet supports a career politician who has a net worth of $45 million and has raise 1/3 of billion dollars on the election so far... I mean seriously.
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/16
f
6729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 7/12/16 , edited 7/12/16

sundin13 wrote:

Why should this be considered a betrayal? He's endorsing the candidate that he feels most closely conforms to his views of the two that have a shot at winning. That is logical, and it was expected..


Because he is endorsing someone who he said is exactly what is a large part of what is wrong with American politics today. Endorsing someone means endorsing their politics, a couple concessions from the queen of lip service means jack.
13139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/16

Damien27 wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Why should this be considered a betrayal? He's endorsing the candidate that he feels most closely conforms to his views of the two that have a shot at winning. That is logical, and it was expected..


Because he is endorsing someone who he said is exactly what is a large part of what is wrong with American politics today. Endorsing someone means endorsing their politics, a couple concessions from the queen of lip service means jack.


Endorsing someone means that you want them to win. When the only other option is Trump...well I can see why this decision was made.
6729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 7/12/16

sundin13 wrote:
Endorsing someone means that you want them to win. When the only other option is Trump...well I can see why this decision was made.


It means that too, but it also means what I said as well, which is what makes this a betrayal.

And its that flawed type of thinking from both hesitant voters & now Bernie himself why we're stuck with the "lesser evil" and always will be.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.