First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Insulting Women On Their Appearance Despite No Connection Sexist?
10123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:





As per usual, this is a reference to Trump. Why do I think he's sexist? Simple, he singles out women on their appearances rather than the merit of their arguments, versus how he treats men. If the woman in general is unattractive, I expect him to point that out. If the woman is overweight, I expect him to point that out.

In honesty? I didn't want to make this a Trump topic but I was just wondering in that specific case, though I guess I should think twice before assuming a motive however.

Keep in mind the "no connection" criteria. I think this is also a case of "usually sexist, but not 100%", but this is just my experience with men who in general tend to single out women for their appearances.


I still have a stronger belief that it's deflection, instead of sexism. I need significantly more evidence to support sexism. What little you've divulged appears near-indistinguishable from common pettiness geared to suit a female target. For all I know, he's seen one too many television shows and nonfictional women vs women cattiness, causing him to unconsciously learn this tactic.
11234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 7/13/16

aeb0717 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:





As per usual, this is a reference to Trump. Why do I think he's sexist? Simple, he singles out women on their appearances rather than the merit of their arguments, versus how he treats men. If the woman in general is unattractive, I expect him to point that out. If the woman is overweight, I expect him to point that out.

In honesty? I didn't want to make this a Trump topic but I was just wondering in that specific case, though I guess I should think twice before assuming a motive however.

Keep in mind the "no connection" criteria. I think this is also a case of "usually sexist, but not 100%", but this is just my experience with men who in general tend to single out women for their appearances.


I still have a stronger belief that it's deflection, instead of sexism. I need significantly more evidence to support sexism. What little you've divulged appears near-indistinguishable from common pettiness geared to suit a female target. For all I know, he's seen one too many television shows and nonfictional women vs women cattiness, causing him to unconsciously learn this tactic.


I guess you're right.
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
I am right behind...
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


theunlocked wrote:
You'll note that I never said that women were any different than men regarding this. I just said that this is targeted towards women more than men.


I'm saying it's not.



No you're not. You're saying that women talk behind people's backs instead of directly to them. Aside from whether that's actually true or not, it's completely irrelevant.
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

theunlocked wrote:
You'll note that I never said that women were any different than men regarding this. I just said that this is targeted towards women more than men.
sure a few things are easier to slip on a girl same towards some guys too (depending when and why)
While some girls, are quite not caring as well and would be hard on some guys over nothing really.
(maybe past bad events or having troubles of her own that effects the mental health?)
but most of the girls we have had (like on the workplace) allways deal with jokes differently then guys even if that means just a little bit (and not being negative against that person or as an attack towards them even though most of them see the jokes in a bit more negative...light?)

22761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

theunlocked wrote:

No you're not. You're saying that women talk behind people's backs instead of directly to them. Aside from whether that's actually true or not, it's completely irrelevant.


Depends if you consider body language direct as women utilize it more than men.

Oh, look at that, I lack fucks on your opinion as to what is relevant.


517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16
I feel like you can't insult anyone anymore without getting labeled as something.
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

ItsDat1Guy wrote:
I feel like you can't insult anyone anymore without getting labeled as something.
tell them that the labels don't mean a shit, and "talk to the hand"

PS: How I get all the ladies!


164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
I am right behind...
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


theunlocked wrote:

No you're not. You're saying that women talk behind people's backs instead of directly to them. Aside from whether that's actually true or not, it's completely irrelevant.


Depends if you consider body language direct as women utilize it more than men.

Oh, look at that, I lack fucks on your opinion as to what is relevant.


Who uses what methods is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is who it's targeted towards.
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/13/16

theunlocked wrote:
What is relevant is who it's targeted towards.
like what, how much? what type?

52865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 7/13/16
Would it not be sexist to not call them out on their appearance because they are women?
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
I am right behind...
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


theunlocked wrote:
You'll note that I never said that women were any different than men regarding this. I just said that this is targeted towards women more than men.
sure a few things are easier to slip on a girl same towards some guys too (depending when and why)
While some girls, are quite not caring as well and would be hard on some guys over nothing really.
(maybe past bad events or having troubles of her own that effects the mental health?)
but most of the girls we have had (like on the workplace) allways deal with jokes differently then guys even if that means just a little bit (and not being negative against that person or as an attack towards them even though most of them see the jokes in a bit more negative...light?)



The sentence structure was a bit weird so I'm gonna try to say what I think you meant. Tell me if I'm wrong:
Certain jokes are easier to attribute to girls than guys, and some girls will also be really harsh towards guys. Girls deal with jokes differently than guys, as in they'll take joking attacks in a much more negative and serious light.

There are a couple problems with this. First of all, these "jokes" from what I understand are in extremely bad taste and feed off of stereotypes and ideals. Secondly, why should these kinds of "jokes" be easier to use on girls? Now I'm not saying that derogatory jokes should be made in general but they should be just as applicable to men as to women, and yet for some reason I could name way more insults against a woman than insults towards a man.

I haven't directly covered everything you said, but everything should be transitive to your points.

EDIT: This should also answer your other question to me
10641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Birmingham, UK
Offline
Posted 7/13/16
A man should never insult a lady, even if she looks like a train wreck, tis not the gentlemanly thing to do
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

theunlocked wrote:
The sentence structure was a bit weird so I'm gonna try to say what I think you meant. Tell me if I'm wrong:
Girls deal with jokes differently than guys, as in they'll take joking attacks in a much more negative and serious light.

First of all, these "jokes" from what I understand are in extremely bad taste and feed off of stereotypes and ideals. Secondly, why should these kinds of "jokes" be easier to use on girls?

yet for some reason I could name way more insults against a woman than insults towards a man.
yeah I know -__- never been good with writing and most likely never will.
Well some is to make her smile or at least some, and its often isn't that bad (while she comes with something that would be considerably worse right after)

If you mean you have more to say because more can hurt, then I guess you do?
The old wife vs husband jokes or battles.

also that the guys maybe tries the chances even if low?
https://youtu.be/3Zc996Kd7i4

to the bit more crazy like (what some of the F on F is most often being used)
"Like she is just such a crazy bitch, like omg"

Marina Franklin - New boyfriends
https://youtu.be/qhoU5SvuHbE
22761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/16 , edited 7/13/16

theunlocked wrote:

Who uses what methods is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is who it's targeted towards.




Okay, but they're both targeted in different ways.
Humms 
11052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 7/13/16
Who cares

Thats what I think......................................

How could you say something like that!?

Everyone should feel comfortable about themselves You don't have a heart.

You should take this more seriously

This is why we have Cancer, because you don't care, selfish Asshole !
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.