First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Possible new terror attack in France.
9283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/15/16
Religion is for the uneducated. Or the religiously educated.
Posted 7/15/16

theYchromosome wrote:


evilLaughing wrote:

Sucks to lose lives but it's best to not give them any attention whatsoever. People is US/few other countries seem to love make news about murders/terrorism which just fuels crazy people do them even more.


This is just a terrible terrible thing to think. Don't give them attention? "Yeah, someone purposefully aimed to kill a bunch of people. This is a problem but, you know what, I think it's best to ignore it."

I'd rather try to fix problems which, guess what, requires you give the problem some attention. I can't imagine pretending these people don't exist will stop them from killing people. Everyday car crashes are normal and expected, but we still try to prevent them through better road systems, or safer cars, or whatever. And this must begin by giving the problem attention.



You marvelously missed my whole point. If there is less attention from media, there will be less reactions for them to feed from and use as propaganda. Ofcourse the terrorism and other horrid killings would be dealt with. Giving terrorism spotlight is the worst thing to do because it encourages them to continue it.

Sadly media loves to make headlines with cat sized letters all around the world how HORRIBLE the terrorists have been. This will just feed the hate on both sides which is absolutely stupid.

You can't compare car accidents to on purpose incidents btw
Posted 7/16/16 , edited 7/16/16

evilLaughing wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:


evilLaughing wrote:

Sucks to lose lives but it's best to not give them any attention whatsoever. People is US/few other countries seem to love make news about murders/terrorism which just fuels crazy people do them even more.


This is just a terrible terrible thing to think. Don't give them attention? "Yeah, someone purposefully aimed to kill a bunch of people. This is a problem but, you know what, I think it's best to ignore it."

I'd rather try to fix problems which, guess what, requires you give the problem some attention. I can't imagine pretending these people don't exist will stop them from killing people. Everyday car crashes are normal and expected, but we still try to prevent them through better road systems, or safer cars, or whatever. And this must begin by giving the problem attention.



You marvelously missed my whole point. If there is less attention from media, there will be less reactions for them to feed from and use as propaganda. Ofcourse the terrorism and other horrid killings would be dealt with. Giving terrorism spotlight is the worst thing to do because it encourages them to continue it.

Sadly media loves to make headlines with cat sized letters all around the world how HORRIBLE the terrorists have been. This will just feed the hate on both sides which is absolutely stupid.

You can't compare car accidents to on purpose incidents btw


I don't think they missed your point at all, evilLaughing. They just disagree with your opinion on the matter. I disagree with you as well.

I understand that the media is great at twisting stories to serve their own political agendas, but that does not mean we should ignore huge problems that impact people around the globe. Instead, we should keep in mind that most news outlets are more or less bias in some way and consult more than one news source.

Radical Islamic attacks do not happen because the terrorists involved just want attention from the media. They happen because the people who plan the attacks genuinely want to kill people who don't adhere to their religious ideology. The attack in Nice is one attack in a long series of attacks. These attacks keeps happening. And they will continue to keep happening whether or not a single article written about them, because the main motivation for these attacks is not to gain attention from the media. Since radical Islamic terrorists will continue to kill people with or without attention from the media, wouldn't it be better not to bury our heads in the sand and instead be aware of how huge this problem is and then do something about it?

You said near the tail end of your response "Of course the terrorism and other horrid killings would be dealt with" even if the general public largely ignores the stories about terrorism that are currently being discussed on news outlets everywhere. That is a gross exaggeration, since that would mean that only the leaders of countries should give terrorist attacks any attention. Support for action against terrorism starts with the people who elect those leaders into office (if the country is a democracy).


15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/16/16

evilLaughing wrote:
Giving terrorism spotlight is the worst thing to do because it encourages them to continue it.
yes and no, depends on how the news show what happend and how often.
If they give what happend and also focus more on who died, who they where could be "better"?
Then going over the crime scene and what happend so many times
(this is how the terrorist did it, this is how the terrorist was thinking... terrorist..terrorist and more about the terrorist)...

Posted 7/16/16 , edited 7/16/16
Still off the mark, I did say we should not give any attention whatsoever but my point was making less flashy headlines which just feeds both sides. Apparently I just wrote it in wrong way which made you misunderstand me. Also letting the "leaders" know about it.. I don't think I said that anywhere.

There's a difference between giving unnecessary attention and telling the public maturely what has happened. Freddy got this quite right if I understood him, telling what horrible incident has happened and who did it should be enough. Instead gag magazines explain everything in full detail to bait everyone's clicks.



Radical Islamic attacks do not happen because the terrorists involved just want attention from the media. They happen because the people who plan the attacks genuinely want to kill people who don't adhere to their religious ideology. The attack in Nice is one attack in a long series of attacks. These attacks keeps happening. And they will continue to keep happening whether or not a single article written about them, because the main motivation for these attacks is not to gain attention from the media. Since radical Islamic terrorists will continue to kill people with or without attention from the media, wouldn't it be better not to bury our heads in the sand and instead be aware of how huge this problem is and then do something about it?


Wrong. A lot of it, I'd make a good detailed explanation but you can find it just by googling around how manslaughter/terrorism/shootings/stupid people killing others can be reduced by not raising weapons. Wont post another answer here since I don't care at all about people on the level of apes who kill others in the name of god.
11767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
I don't think it was a terror attack. So far they couldn't find any evidence that it was a religious motivated attack. The IS claimed that it was one of their "soldiers" but pretty much every expert says that this video isn't reliable because they don't know any details.
His friends and his family are all saying that he was aggressive and depressive but not really religious. He didn't say anything when he was killing the people and he didn't even leave a letter in which he explains why he did it. It's pretty unusual for a terrorist to kill people without making sure that the people know why. Because that's the point of a terror attack.
Looks more like amok than terror in my eyes right now.
47860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/16 , edited 7/16/16

evilLaughing wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:


evilLaughing wrote:

Sucks to lose lives but it's best to not give them any attention whatsoever. People is US/few other countries seem to love make news about murders/terrorism which just fuels crazy people do them even more.


This is just a terrible terrible thing to think. Don't give them attention? "Yeah, someone purposefully aimed to kill a bunch of people. This is a problem but, you know what, I think it's best to ignore it."

I'd rather try to fix problems which, guess what, requires you give the problem some attention. I can't imagine pretending these people don't exist will stop them from killing people. Everyday car crashes are normal and expected, but we still try to prevent them through better road systems, or safer cars, or whatever. And this must begin by giving the problem attention.



You marvelously missed my whole point. If there is less attention from media, there will be less reactions for them to feed from and use as propaganda. Ofcourse the terrorism and other horrid killings would be dealt with. Giving terrorism spotlight is the worst thing to do because it encourages them to continue it.

Sadly media loves to make headlines with cat sized letters all around the world how HORRIBLE the terrorists have been. This will just feed the hate on both sides which is absolutely stupid.

You can't compare car accidents to on purpose incidents btw


Their propaganda doesn't need news reporting to function. To accurately gauge the risk however, and come up with a solution, you need to know about it. What are you proposing? Shutting down media coverage of terrorism? Democracy benefits from an educated populace, and when the time comes to elect the people that will be dealing with the problem, we need some way to accurately evaluate their strategies and views on the topic. How can we do this if we don't know about the problem? Surely the worst thing to do is not give any spotlight to the problem? Fueling hate is exactly the thing we should be doing. I hate murder. Seriously. This may be a strange view, but I think it's a bad thing. I think we should try and prevent it, and I don't think ignoring it is any way to arrive at such a result.

As to comparing car accidents to purposeful murder, why not? My whole point is that we need to give a problem attention in order to solve it. Did we just accidentally end up with street lights, or did someone look at a problem of traffic collisions and try to improve the system? Or do you actually believe that there are no preventative measures against terrorism? That we can, somehow, take measures to prevent accidents, but not deliberate action? I'd say it's a hell of a lot easier to prevent someone from doing something if you know what they want. My whole point was that we need to identify a problem in order to make solutions. In what way would you say that this applies to accidents, but not deliberate incidents?
Posted 7/16/16
Giggle. Join my evil army and we shall fuel the hate.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/16/16

evilLaughing wrote:
Giggle. Join my evil army and we shall fuel the hate.
Are you that type of an Bad Demon that Smells Masochism?

Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
https://youtu.be/Un-AY204Ir4
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.