First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Turkey millitary coup
1100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/15/16

gornotck wrote:

This is the problem with these live-update news feeds. The Turkish government is claiming the coup failed and it's over, the coup claims that the coup is going strong.
All the news feeds read like propaganda.


For now it seems like both the government and the pro-coup military are throwing misinformation around to hide the actual truths and to demoralize the other side. We'll probably know where things stand after at least a couple of days. Though from what I've seen the military is still fighting in Ankara and aren't planning to back down, even though the actual coup attempt has been more or less foiled.
10568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/16

walker1455 wrote:


gornotck wrote:

This is the problem with these live-update news feeds. The Turkish government is claiming the coup failed and it's over, the coup claims that the coup is going strong.
All the news feeds read like propaganda.


For now it seems like both the government and the pro-coup military are throwing misinformation around to hide the actual truths and to demoralize the other side. We'll probably know where things stand after at least a couple of days. Though from what I've seen the military is still fighting in Ankara and aren't planning to back down, even though the actual coup attempt has been more or less foiled.


It could be exciting if Turkey splits because of this, but yes. No one will know much of anything until next week, which is sort of what I was going for with those live-updates.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/16
Your knowledge is so off from facts.
17156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
I'm a fan of Ataturk's view of Turkey's place in the international sphere, that is keeping a secular government. If Turkey slips into the hands of the religious right, say goodbye to democracy in that country.
8756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Right here
Offline
Posted 7/16/16

bronzefoot wrote:

I'm a fan of Ataturk's view of Turkey's place in the international sphere, that is keeping a secular government. If Turkey slips into the hands of the religious right, say goodbye to democracy in that country.


Agree.
24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
Looks like things have calmed down.
8756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Right here
Offline
Posted 7/16/16

MysticGon wrote:

Looks like things have calmed down.


Yeah...
11832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
Hard to say what this was about but this lame "coup" attempt definitely worked in AKPs and Erdogans favor in every possible way. Things have been looking bad for Turkey in the past but this definitely tops it all.
8756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Right here
Offline
Posted 7/16/16 , edited 7/16/16

Cenric wrote:

Hard to say what this was about but this lame "coup" attempt definitely worked in AKPs and Erdogans favor in every possible way. Things have been looking bad for Turkey in the past but this definitely tops it all.


:c
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.