First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Why is hentai bad when anime itself is a lot of sexual innuendo.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
Barring the fact that they're both incomparable, it's because human sexuality is looked upon as animalistic, and is not socially acceptable to talk about especially in countries such as 'Merica.

For whatever reason.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
OP doesn't know what anime is.
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Barring the fact that they're both incomparable, it's because human sexuality is looked upon as animalistic, and is not socially acceptable to talk about especially in countries such as 'Merica.

For whatever reason.


No doubt the legacy of some of our puritanical founders and religion's continuous grasp on our government and society.

Sex is dirty and wrong but violence is ok.
8353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

nooneinparticular wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Barring the fact that they're both incomparable, it's because human sexuality is looked upon as animalistic, and is not socially acceptable to talk about especially in countries such as 'Merica.

For whatever reason.


No doubt the legacy of some of our puritanical founders and religion's continuous grasp on our government and society.

Sex is dirty and wrong but violence is ok .


Any group/society/religion that has thought that way has died off.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

Iconodule wrote:

nooneinparticular wrote:
Sex is dirty and wrong but violence is ok .

Any group/society/religion that has thought that way has died off.
hahaha.. nope.. they still are there, and sometimes some sexual stuff to sex could easly be seen as something dirty/bad (maybe how it was done, acting, or by how they.... play...)
while staying pure can be in some poor areas, while some others just want to progress and do what they can when they can.
5206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

nooneinparticular

No doubt the legacy of some of our puritanical founders and religion's continuous grasp on our government and society.

Sex is dirty and wrong but violence is ok.


No no and no. Yes, the portrayal of Violence is more socially acceptable than Sex, and that sure as hell is wrong and not ok, but no one is saying Violence is ok either. I get your sentiment but your wording is so basic that it just defeats your point.

5206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
To be honest though sex should definitely be more socially acceptable from a media representative perspective.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:
To be honest though sex should definitely be more socially acceptable from a media representative perspective.
would rather say the body but then again with allowing some areas, some would exploit such for their benefit or fill the place with garbage.

5206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:
To be honest though sex should definitely be more socially acceptable from a media representative perspective.
would rather say the body but then again with allowing some areas, some would exploit such for their benefit or fill the place with garbage.



You're confusing me so much. From what I gather you want bodies in general to be more acceptable in society? Well ya, I agree. But the rest is like...what.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:
You're confusing me so much. From what I gather you want bodies in general to be more acceptable in society? Well ya, I agree. But the rest is like...what.
you was talking about content or? (maybe mixed things a little)
oh well but its more of accepting who we are and what we where born with (like the body and how we deal with clothes etc)



5206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
Haha ya I'm guessing we agree so let's just shake on it
8353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


Iconodule wrote:

nooneinparticular wrote:
Sex is dirty and wrong but violence is ok .

Any group/society/religion that has thought that way has died off.
hahaha.. nope.. they still are there, and sometimes some sexual stuff to sex could easly be seen as something dirty/bad (maybe how it was done, acting, or by how they.... play...)
while staying pure can be in some poor areas, while some others just want to progress and do what they can when they can.


You're confusing modesty about and concerning sex with forbidding of sex. There were Gnostic groups in the second and third century that did away with sex and surprise surprise they didn't last long. Religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam have long realised the necessity for sex because obviously that's what creates the next generation.

While modern secularism has an unrestrained acceptance of all things sexual even it has boundaries of sexual intercourse which it rejects, like incest and bestiality. Limits do not imply a rejection of something and are usually placed on something because it is viewed as valuable. In Christian theology, sex is valuable, something that is to be used not for yourself and your pleasure but for God.

So are some sex acts viewed as sinful/bad, yes. Is sex in of itself bad? No.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
I honestly don't know why hentai gets a bad rap being generalized as all being cheesy, sleazy and/or skeezy. Sure, there are a lot that fit into those categories but it's pretty much the same as comparing citizen Kane, Wizard of Oz, etc to Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-a-rama, C.H.U.D. or the Manchu Eagle Murder Caper Mystery. There are both good and bad movies out there no matter what genre and both porn and hentai are just other genres, nothing more. As for the difference between porn/hentai and innuendo/ecchi...innuendo/ecchi is rated NC-17 or below (due to no fully visible "bodypart" interaction) while porn/hentai is rated X/XXX (due to explicit "bodypart" interaction). It's as simple as that.
2180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
I will, ty for the invite.
5206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
the real problem with hentai isn't that it's sexy it's that it's not regular porn. At least, that's the problem to most americans. Like people will say "what the f*ck y aren't you into cartoons!"

The reason for this is that some cartoons go to far with the level of boobage or fetishes in general. But so does regular porn. it's just people stereotyping what they don't understand. I'm into all kinds of porn and ya, there's normal hentai out there that any man or women could get behind. They just gotta find it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.