First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Show freezes every couple minutes in Chrome only
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue, because I'm stumped.

Whenever I use Chrome to try and watch ANY show, after anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes, the feed freezes, and I have to refresh in order to start it up again.

This has no affect on anything else in the tab, or any other tabs. All the links still work, even the player controls seem to work, but the picture itself is completely non-responsive. I've gone and disabled EVERYTHING, so that it's just chrome, I've even gone into incognito mode and it does the same thing.

Please tell me someone else has experienced this before? If so, how was it resolved?
622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
You aren't alone. No fix was ever found for me though. I always just had to kind of hope it was a better day for watching anime and sometimes it would work out.
Posted 7/16/16
Join me and use Firefox
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/16

stars201 wrote:

Join me and use Firefox


Can't. That browser is so insecure it's like Swiss cheese.
4173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reality
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
Have you tried that hardware acceleration thing? It uses your GPU instead of your CPU.
Posted 7/16/16

Drashnar wrote:


stars201 wrote:

Join me and use Firefox


Can't. That browser is so insecure it's like Swiss cheese.


22112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
You wouldn't happen to have Blizzard's Battle.Net application running in the background, would you? Chrome was a bit flaky on my machine for a few days while the latest WoW patch was downloading, and Battle.Net apparently has some portion of Chrome embedded in it.
Otter Modder
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
I don't know what would cause it to be a problem with one browser but not another besides flash things. I can't fix that but I can offer an alternative in the form of a chrome extension I made that can be found here. It replaces the default flash player with an HTML5 one that plays the HLS streams that are served to the apps.

Let me know if it helps.
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/16 , edited 7/16/16

guitarzim22 wrote:

Have you tried that hardware acceleration thing? It uses your GPU instead of your CPU.


Can you be more specific?



stars201 wrote:


Drashnar wrote:


stars201 wrote:

Join me and use Firefox


Can't. That browser is so insecure it's like Swiss cheese.




No offense intended, working in the I.T. field has me paranoid about some things. :)



Saturnoid wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have Blizzard's Battle.Net application running in the background, would you? Chrome was a bit flaky on my machine for a few days while the latest WoW patch was downloading, and Battle.Net apparently has some portion of Chrome embedded in it.


No, it's off / not running, but it is installed. I have steam running though, maybe I'll try turning that off? Thanks.



beardfist wrote:

I don't know what would cause it to be a problem with one browser but not another besides flash things. I can't fix that but I can offer an alternative in the form of a chrome extension I made that can be found here. It replaces the default flash player with an HTML5 one that plays the HLS streams that are served to the apps.

Let me know if it helps.


Thanks I'll try it.

4173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reality
Offline
Posted 7/16/16 , edited 7/16/16
https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=video

'Default Full Screen Hardware Acceleration' makes your GPU carry the load, instead of your regular CPU, but not a legit fix, just something to test. Have you checked your RAM usage? If you have Windows 10, try using Edge, I've had many people tell me that it uses less RAM than Chrome and Firefox, and is still pretty efficient.
2485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/16
I'm using Chrome (while having Blizzard's Battle.Net, though I don't have it on when I'm watching shows) and haven't experienced this issue.

2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

beardfist wrote:

I don't know what would cause it to be a problem with one browser but not another besides flash things. I can't fix that but I can offer an alternative in the form of a chrome extension I made that can be found here. It replaces the default flash player with an HTML5 one that plays the HLS streams that are served to the apps.

Let me know if it helps.


Downloaded it, but realized that it will need my password in order to work, I'm not comfortable giving my password to an extension, no matter how good the intention.



guitarzim22 wrote:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=video

'Default Full Screen Hardware Acceleration' makes your GPU carry the load, instead of your regular CPU, but not a legit fix, just something to test. Have you checked your RAM usage? If you have Windows 10, try using Edge, I've had many people tell me that it uses less RAM than Chrome and Firefox, and is still pretty efficient.


Thanks, I know I can use other browsers, I've tested on both Firefox and Edge, and do not have this problem. I just tried that setting, enabling hardware acceleration, and the problem persists.



Austershalin wrote:

I'm using Chrome (while having Blizzard's Battle.Net, though I don't have it on when I'm watching shows) and haven't experienced this issue.



The only thing I can think of that I haven't done, is completely re-install Chrome, but obviously, that isn't a fix to the problem. If it works, it would just be a work around instead of finding out what is wrong.

Anyone else with any ideas? This is driving me crazy. : /

Der Zoodirektor
23425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

Drashnar wrote:

Anyone else with any ideas? This is driving me crazy. : /



If you are on Windows 10, use our UWP app. You can find it on the Windows Store.
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

beardfist wrote:

I don't know what would cause it to be a problem with one browser but not another besides flash things. I can't fix that but I can offer an alternative in the form of a chrome extension I made that can be found here. It replaces the default flash player with an HTML5 one that plays the HLS streams that are served to the apps.

Let me know if it helps.


You sir are a life saver. Had the stutter bs happening for months and had to result to using apps. This player has been perfect for the last week. Thanks!!!
9095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/16 , edited 9/8/16
This has started happening in Firefox now too. I've been using it the past half a year after Chrome started freezing. Now both browsers are behaving the same. Freezing and setting the video timer to 0:00 and forcing an F5.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.