First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Is there a point to being nice to people online anymore?
Posted 7/17/16
Hello, fellow crunchyrollers.

I would have said yes but I don't know anymore, I find it harder and harder to do so these days w/o somebody running over me mistaking it for weakness or insincerity.

I haven't given up on all people yet, and a lot of people in my life are great and easy to deal with, but its often with the younger generation and it just becomes a headache to deal with them.

I know there are still good people mixed in with the bad, and people taking advantage of people's kindness thats mostly to blame, its just annoying and I've got enough to deal with,

So how do you feel about being nice to those who don't appreciate it-- I don't really care now, I'm nice to those that are nice back and if someone isn't trying then I don't want to, lol. ~

Is it even worth being nice anymore if ppl prejudge you for it. I've seen how being a dick pays more and less considered to be fake than trying to be nice, so I guess I'll be a dick these days.



6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16
fuck you

4462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
^
boi, ahahah

////

well idk about you but i am nice to people mainly because i find it too tiring to argue over petty things
if they judge me before they know me then so be it.
i'll be nice to people i meet online until they give me a reason not to.
plus this is the internet after all, just stop associating yourself with the person if you know they aren't worth your time = v=
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
I've always seen it as it is worth talking to 10 or even 20 people who aren't nice or you don't become friends with because you will eventually find one who you do get on with really well. If you are strong enough to deal with people who will put you down or make you angry then it is worth it eventually because you will find a person who will become a friend, it might just take some time talking to people who aren't very nice first.
Posted 7/17/16

reaperx- wrote:

fuck you



4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
Nah. It's the internet. Just be you and let those that judge just judge you. Don't worry about it. You can be nice to me! I like nice. I'm smart, too. And loyal.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

Cero_of_Clouds wrote:

Nah. It's the internet. Just be you and let those that judge just judge you. Don't worry about it. You can be nice to me! I like nice. I'm smart, too. And loyal.


nah fuck you too

4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

reaperx-

nah fuck you too



I appreciate ya!
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
At 23 you are already sounding like a cranky old person, welcome to the club.

8780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Offline
Posted 7/17/16
Be nice to those who treat you nice, and be an asshole to those who are assholing you.

Posted 7/17/16
I never learned how to be nice anyway
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16

"The true test of a person's character is what they do when no one is watching." - John Wooden
The point of being nice to people online or offline is that it's about how YOU want to be perceived by yourself .... not whether or not they're nice back to you or whether they correctly judge you.

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden
Be nice to people on/offline because you are nice regardless of their judgments of you and without expectations of them reciprocating the niceness. If you do this, other people, who are nice or mostly nice because who among us is 100% nice, will gravitate toward you and the haters will fall away from your world like dead skin.

Be kind even when others aren't. Believe me, you will experience a greater sense of life while others merely exist.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/17/16 , edited 7/17/16

Hairbelly wrote:


"The true test of a person's character is what they do when no one is watching." - John Wooden
The point of being nice to people online or offline is that it's about how YOU want to be perceived by yourself .... not whether or not they're nice back to you or whether they correctly judge you.

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden
Be nice to people on/offline because you are nice regardless of their judgments of you and without expectations of them reciprocating the niceness. If you do this, other people, who are nice or mostly nice because who among us is 100% nice, will gravitate toward you and the haters will fall away from your world like dead skin.

Be kind even when others aren't. Believe me, you will experience a greater sense of life while others merely exist.


lies
Posted 7/17/16

reaperx- wrote:


Hairbelly wrote:


"The true test of a person's character is what they do when no one is watching." - John Wooden
The point of being nice to people online or offline is that it's about how YOU want to be perceived by yourself .... not whether or not they're nice back to you or whether they correctly judge you.

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden
Be nice to people on/offline because you are nice regardless of their judgments of you and without expectations of them reciprocating the niceness. If you do this, other people, who are nice or mostly nice because who among us is 100% nice, will gravitate toward you and the haters will fall away from your world like dead skin.

Be kind even when others aren't. Believe me, you will experience a greater sense of life while others merely exist.


lies


Don't let it get to you, I'm sure they weren't talking about you.
5206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/16

Ocale wrote:

I never learned how to be nice anyway


Lol. This
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.