First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Ridiculous Names in Anime
42281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 7/18/16

LokiLB wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


LokiLB wrote:

Jacuzzi Splot from Baccano.
There are other ones that are sort of odd from that show, but many of those are due to characters being from Europe, having very ethnic names, or the fact the show is set in the 1930s. Jacuzzi, as far as I know, isn't covered by any of that.


What about Nice Holystone?

I think that is her name.


Nice is a city in France and her name is pronounced the city. It wouldn't be too odd for someone to be named after a European city. That's where Florence Nightingale's first name comes from (Florence, Italy). Nice Hollystone doesn't sound any weirder than Florence Nightingale.

Speaking of Nice (not pronounced like the city), Hamatora had a lot of odd names. I think more characters had odd names than didn't, especially for Japanese characters. Art would have been okay if it was short for Arthur, but there was no indication that it was.


Thanks for the info.
26352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
Full Metal Alchemist ova of scar’s real name, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC5TRSj9gE,

Japanese version
Jugemu-jugemu Gokōnosurikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kūnerutokoroni-sumutokoro Yaburakōjino-burakōji Paipopaipo-paiponoshūringan Shūringanno-gūrindai Gūrindaino-ponpokopīno-ponpokonāno Chōkyūmeino-chōsuke

English version
Percival Ramtee Gregory Nicolai Jaques Scozer Leonardo Gabriel Socrates Ming Victor Nostradomus Alistair Predisha Vladimir Stiegler Rasputin Boromir Walla Walla Shadiga Alexander Oliver Abalard Arnesto Zippy Zappy Angel Eyes.
24847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Online
Posted 7/18/16

DarkSasword wrote:

Full Metal Alchemist ova of scar’s real name, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC5TRSj9gE,

Japanese version
Jugemu-jugemu Gokōnosurikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kūnerutokoroni-sumutokoro Yaburakōjino-burakōji Paipopaipo-paiponoshūringan Shūringanno-gūrindai Gūrindaino-ponpokopīno-ponpokonāno Chōkyūmeino-chōsuke

English version
Percival Ramtee Gregory Nicolai Jaques Scozer Leonardo Gabriel Socrates Ming Victor Nostradomus Alistair Predisha Vladimir Stiegler Rasputin Boromir Walla Walla Shadiga Alexander Oliver Abalard Arnesto Zippy Zappy Angel Eyes.


Here's the song version cause I just remembered reading through that, that it sounded so familiar. Not from FMA though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8F9xVRNHoU
7057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
Menthuthuyoupi, one of Meruem's guards in Hunter x Hunter. Most of the chimera ants have weird names, but I always found Youpi's full name to be the weirdest.
42281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 7/18/16

JosephJoestar01 wrote:

Menthuthuyoupi, one of Meruem's guards in Hunter x Hunter. Most of the chimera ants have weird names, but I always found Youpi's full name to be the weirdest.


Sounds like a name for a drug.
7057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 7/18/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


JosephJoestar01 wrote:

Menthuthuyoupi, one of Meruem's guards in Hunter x Hunter. Most of the chimera ants have weird names, but I always found Youpi's full name to be the weirdest.


Sounds like a name for a drug.


Whenever Youpi transforms during a fight he looks like something that one could only come up during the effects of a drug, so I'd say that his name really fits him.
5202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
"Jacuzzi Splot from Baccano."

But that's such a cool and funny name!
6955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/18/16 , edited 7/19/16
Yamagami Lucy Kimiko Akie Airi Shiori Rinne Yoshiho Ayano Tomika Chitose Sanae Mikiko Ichika or just "Lucy"

From servantxservice

It's funny cause her character motivation is to find the doctor that trolled her and put that all on her birth certificate
42281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 7/18/16

JosephJoestar01 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


JosephJoestar01 wrote:

Menthuthuyoupi, one of Meruem's guards in Hunter x Hunter. Most of the chimera ants have weird names, but I always found Youpi's full name to be the weirdest.


Sounds like a name for a drug.


Whenever Youpi transforms during a fight he looks like something that one could only come up during the effects of a drug, so I'd say that his name really fits him.


Yup.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/18/16 , edited 7/19/16
Rundelhaus Code XD

15271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
Monkey D. Luffy.
42281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 7/18/16

PaulDHunter wrote:

Monkey D. Luffy.


Trafalgar D. Water Law.
51152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
Full Frontal

3062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/18/16
Some names in One Piece. There are a couple of them.
42281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 7/18/16 , edited 7/18/16

PhantomGundam wrote:

Full Frontal



Is that his real name? I thought that was an alias.

Links Banahager(however you spell the name) is a strange one.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.