First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply US airstrike kills 85 cilivians in Syria.
27185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/16 , edited 7/20/16
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/19/us-air-strike-in-syria-kills-up-to-85-civilians-mistaken-for-isi/

Fog of war, yada yada. The US isn't creating any allies with incidents like this. This might be "business as usual" or "acceptable losses", and I know ISIL has a much higher civilian kill count but the West needs to do better. The same amount of people get killed in France and it's a huge story. Happens in Syria and it gets drowned out by Pokemon Go and plagiarized speeches. The Joker was right.



4170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/19/16
It's to be expected, people care more for their allied countries and states/cities, than they do for anyone else. It's just "hey, we don't like them or their kind, who cares if they die?", which is pretty sad, and that point can be made for many things.
Posted 7/19/16
That's war
27185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/16

rinrakuu wrote:

That's a war crime


FTFY
Posted 7/19/16

guitarzim22 wrote:

It's to be expected, people care more for their allied countries and states/cities, than they do for anyone else. It's just "hey, we don't like them or their kind, who cares if they die?", which is pretty sad, and that point can be made for many things.


^
8609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/19/16
14008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/19/16
It's incredible how varied these 'counts' are, almost like these so-called 'news media' are making up numbers for sensationalism.
12337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/19/16 , edited 7/19/16
Ugghhh, that topic. People don't care about it. We know how often innocent people get killed because they look suspicious. Or actually we don't know exactly how many people had to die because of it. There are no concrete numbers and the society doesn't give a shit about it. There's no public outrage, no political movement which would force the government(s) to to tell us what's going on. And it won't change. It's like this since many years and it happens in several countries.
Posted 7/19/16

MysticGon wrote:


rinrakuu wrote:

That's a war crime


FTFY




That's life.

Shit happens, expect it to
Duraga 
43157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 7/19/16 , edited 7/19/16
I'd have to agree, if I lived in a bad area of the neighborhood that's always getting shot up, robbed ect ect. I would move no matter would it took. Knowing full well that by staying there I risk being a innocent bystander that's going to get killed.

Point is get the hell out of there, we are attempting to protect ourselves by removing radical's at the root of the problem.
Posted 7/19/16


This is used in said article.



Per capita? Seriously? Compared to my country, the U.S., France, and Saudi Arabia are dirty homeless people who waddle in their own urine. In fact, my country makes almost half as much as the U.S., yet the U.S. is listed as being highest. Could it be that any country with a higher GDP per capita were cropped out of the picture to fit the specific goal of the article?
8609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/19/16

Hrafna wrote:
Per capita? Seriously? Compared to my country, the U.S., France, and Saudi Arabia are dirty homeless people who waddle in their own urine. In fact, my country makes almost half as much as the U.S., yet the U.S. is listed as being highest. Could it be that any country with a higher GDP per capita were cropped out of the picture to fit the specific goal of the article?


There were 31 countries in the database they used that had enough data to study. I'm guessing your country (is it Norway?) wasn't one of them.
11181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/19/16
LOL someone living in a +43.9% tax rate country thinks their opinion matters at the big kid's table.


12416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 7/19/16

guitarzim22 wrote:

It's to be expected, people care more for their allied countries and states/cities, than they do for anyone else. It's just "hey, we don't like them or their kind, who cares if they die?", which is pretty sad, and that point can be made for many things.


It's not so much "we don't like them" (assuming you mean dislike when you say don't like).

There's a quote that I like, though I can't remember where or who I got it from but here it is - "The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference."

We are indifferent toward them therefore we don't care what happens to them, be it good or bad. (basically I'm agreeing with you)
Banned
23513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/19/16 , edited 7/19/16
This is insane. Everybody should watch Assad's interview with NBC if they really want to know what's going on in Syria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45odEv_1DAY



First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.