First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply US airstrike kills 85 cilivians in Syria.
22333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/16

RebRebel wrote: You'd join any opposing force you say. But opposing who? That's the problem. You are making over simplifications of a complex problem. You talk about them supporting Jihad like it's just a thing used by IS to align people to there fight but it's not. Al-Qaeda is opposing both the Assad regime and IS, are you saying that you'd join Al-Qaeda then?

There are plenty of able bodied young men in my neighborhood. Let's assume that I can't find a group that I trust to defend my interests and those of my family and friends so like you I decide to start my own group. How many of them do you think have knowledge of IED's? Military tactics? Shit, how many of them do you think have actually killed someone? This isn't Red Dawn or some other Hollywood bullshit. It's not an intruder coming into the house and getting shot by a plucky young have-a-go hero waving his Saturday Night Special. It's well financed, well armed groups coming down your street hell bent on having there way.

As for your last paragraph where you are positive that my claim, you've made a mistake. You seem to have paraphrased what I've said but ended up with a completely different meaning from whats actually written that (and I quote) "I expect SOME men have joined one of the groups". Do you really stand by the assertion that no able bodied Syrian male has joined one of those groups? Then who the hell are all these people fighting in Syria? The North Koreans?


Insolence, didn't I say to do some homework and educate yourself.

Are the kurds viable or not? THE KURDS ARE OPPOSING THEM! Are you def (blind) or just daft punk. Other than that Al-Qaeda is irrelevant, your just trying to make yourself feel better after your straw man post. Your not refuting the fact they could join the kurds or an opposing force, your just saying there are none which is false.

If they would've realized the problem back in 2014 or even 2015 they'd be ready to go by now. If you can't find a group (which you can) than your only shot is to make a group or go lone wolf. How many people that just joined the marines have killed someone? All this stuff they need to know hmm what can they do? Ill answer that one for you they can take the advice I gave you an educate themselves. I might not no my way around IED's but I can handle firearms and read a damn book.

Isis is well financed other than that they are garbage fighters. I'm not sure they could even take out the trash let alone serious forces. This isn't a movie, things might not go the way you want but I'm no coward if I die fighting that sucks but I'm not going to leave my country or just sit around waiting to be saved or bombed.

As for your last paragraph Ill go back and clear this up for you, and I'll show you your mistake.

maniackillah wrote: Young male? I would disagree, no offense to you. I would stay and oppose the forces causing harm to my home. This is the problem, that people don't want to deal with the problem. If I was there I wouldn't move, I would join a force to combat the enemy. All these male refugees leaving there homes need to get the hell back there and do something about the problem. As for the women children and elderly, they should get out its a war zone now... because they let an ideology take over their whole country while they sat back and watched it happen. If everyone runs away when they have something to fight for this is going to happen, and capable men need to quit being victims.



RebRebel wrote: Do I think some able bodied men could stay? Probably, I expect they have and have joined one of the groups mentioned above but the idea of "hey, if we all just band together with our AK's we can defeat barrel bombs" as you seem to be suggesting is ludicrous. Would you think the same if the next wing nut who decides to shoot up shit in the US did it on the logic that if he killed enough Americans they'd stop blowing up his wife and kids?


No I bet most have tried to flee tail between their legs, find some proof that says even 35% of them stayed to fight and I'll recuse myself. Even at that, the number of 35% is really low to me, if a group of people had true integrity 90% of able bodied men would have opposed the ISIS and with the amount of refugees there's no way these people enlisted anywhere to fight they just want to be safe... well knock knock the war is here.

I never said no one joined actually in my first post on this thread I said the problem was not enough people have balls to fight. Not 0 at all. Your post refuted it saying what forces. Then you try to say I said no able bodied men, no it is not 0 it's just way to low by my standards. The whole reason I replied to duraga was because to many people have the mentality to take flight instead of fight, which you tried to argue (terribly I might add). So your misunderstanding why we are conversation in the first place.

Lol do you even know who the Kurds are? Do you understand the difference between kurdish forces and being kurdish? lol
24966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/21/16

MysticGon wrote:
Fog of war, yada yada. The US isn't creating any allies with incidents like this. This might be "business as usual" or "acceptable losses", and I know ISIL has a much higher civilian kill count but the West needs to do better. The same amount of people get killed in France and it's a huge story. Happens in Syria and it gets drowned out by Pokemon Go and plagiarized speeches. The Joker was right.


How can the West do better? Being as accurate as possible with airstrikes seems like the safest way to fight ISIL. ISIL purposefully targets civilians and purposefully tries to confuse intel so that their enemies might accidentally target civilians.

We're getting better at fighting wars like this, but the experience, tactics, and technology are still growing to match the needs of identifying the correct enemies and dispatching them.

It's fine to complain about the mistakes a little, and I'm sure they're trying to do better, though.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
I hope people don't actually believe that this is the first time US military has killed innocent people in other countries. It's probably happening as we speak.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/21/16

rinrakuu wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


rinrakuu wrote:

That's a war crime


FTFY




That's life.

Shit happens, expect it to
wow, imagine if I said that to my boss every time I fuck up.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.