Post Reply Similar music to Natsume Yuujinchou/Book of friends?
5784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 7/20/16
I'm looking for tracks that sounds similar to it's OST... I don't mean every single one of them, since some of them sound pretty weird lol

Here's an example of what tracks I'm talking about

Natume Yuujinchou - Kimi ga Yobu Namae


Natume Yuujinchou - Haru wo Shiraseru Mono

If you know of any, I would appreciate the recommendation.
11969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
Not sure if you mean similar by instrumental style or by purely instrumental...

If you mean instrumental-style I know a couple similar (that have beautiful vocals)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8dSUnDa8Fg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcI79lQYso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsjm7H7c2s

If you mean instrumental only...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFPQo1cD7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUVcfzxYJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUeUTRF2Bg
137650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
Surely you've listened to the Baccano and Durarara soundtracks from the same composer. They of course have very similar sounding instrumentation, unique timbres and charming melodies.

Various soundtracks that sound similar:

House of Five Leaves - Edo Sarasara

Dennou Coil - Komorebi

Black Butler (say what you will about the anime but the soundtrack is pretty pimp) - Faint Smile

Macross Plus - Child MYUNG

Various artists that sound similar:

Gonzales - Overnight

Ironomi (it even has a Wolf Children image, how nice)- 夏虫色

Goldmund - Threnody

Maybe I'll add more later.
5784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 7/22/16

neugenx wrote:

Not sure if you mean similar by instrumental style or by purely instrumental...

If you mean instrumental-style I know a couple similar (that have beautiful vocals)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8dSUnDa8Fg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcI79lQYso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsjm7H7c2s

If you mean instrumental only...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFPQo1cD7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUVcfzxYJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUeUTRF2Bg


Yea, instrumentals. Preferably something that has that same vibe and some of the instruments used in the ones posted. I do like some of your recommendations, though! Thanks!
5784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 7/22/16

kufirst wrote:

Surely you've listened to the Baccano and Durarara soundtracks from the same composer. They of course have very similar sounding instrumentation, unique timbres and charming melodies.

Various soundtracks that sound similar:

House of Five Leaves - Edo Sarasara

Dennou Coil - Komorebi

Black Butler (say what you will about the anime but the soundtrack is pretty pimp) - Faint Smile

Macross Plus - Child MYUNG

Various artists that sound similar:

Gonzales - Overnight

Ironomi (it even has a Wolf Children image, how nice)- 夏虫色

Goldmund - Threnody

Maybe I'll add more later.


I have not watched Baccano, but I did hear some tracks in Durarara that reminded me of Natsume's OST. No wonder, I didn't know it was made by the same person.

Thanks for the recommendations!
11969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/23/16

endallchaos wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Not sure if you mean similar by instrumental style or by purely instrumental...

If you mean instrumental-style I know a couple similar (that have beautiful vocals)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8dSUnDa8Fg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcI79lQYso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsjm7H7c2s

If you mean instrumental only...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFPQo1cD7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUVcfzxYJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUeUTRF2Bg


Yea, instrumentals. Preferably something that has that same vibe and some of the instruments used in the ones posted. I do like some of your recommendations, though! Thanks!


Yvw, I'll keep looking for more.
5784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 7/23/16



Yvw, I'll keep looking for more.


Thanks, again!
You must be logged in to post.