Post Reply Akatsuki no Yona
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / WA State
Offline
Posted 7/20/16 , edited 7/20/16
Where do you think the author will go with the story? It's been soooo slow to get new chapters, only 1 or 2 a month. Also I want to know your oppinions on how the story has gone so far.
This is my favorite manga and anime series, I love the story and the main characters Yona and Hak. Yona was weak at first but is growing stronger (I love that because I hate weak female leads) and Hak is a strong, attractive male lead.
351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Does it matter?
Offline
Posted 8/2/16
I really like this series too and I'm glad the story is going well so far. I was upset when the author cut Mugen Spiral so short when it could have also been a long standing series...sigh oh well. The best news is that volume 1 of Akatsuki no Yona is out this month :D

My opinion is that I don't think Yona will be emperor/empress in the end. I hope she would but I don't think it will happen.
7652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/16

icecold2 wrote:

I really like this series too and I'm glad the story is going well so far. I was upset when the author cut Mugen Spiral so short when it could have also been a long standing series...sigh oh well. The best news is that volume 1 of Akatsuki no Yona is out this month :D

My opinion is that I don't think Yona will be emperor/empress in the end. I hope she would but I don't think it will happen.


She will become Empress in the end. That is how it is setting it up.
17853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/3/16
I'd start buying this in English but I don't feel like collecting another long ass series.

The one series I wish they'd make another season for.


Like all of the cast equally (though Zeno's flashback made me cry) but I got a soft spot for Green Dragon and Whitey +Yona
17853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/8/16
Looks like we're about to head into a new arc.
13229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ottawa
Online
Posted 8/9/16 , edited 8/9/16

Nogara-san wrote:

I'd start buying this in English but I don't feel like collecting another long ass series.


Agreed, but I just bought the first volume a week ago anyway. I love all the stuff Kusanagi-sensei writes in the margins; I find it really unique and personal and not many others do it (no one else as far as I know).

As for the story, I wouldn't be too surprised if the manga only has a few arcs left. With each new arc, we got introduced to a different part of Kouka and saw internal problems being resolved, but now the arcs involve neighbouring countries. After this current arc, the only things I can think of are:
- Trouble in Wind Tribe territory
- A bigger invasion from Kai empire
- Some big, climactic war which all five tribes need to unite to win

Given the fact that volume 22 just finished, I predict the total series will be 30-35 volumes, 40 tops assuming we have a really big finale a la Naruto.
17853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Drewkun88 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I'd start buying this in English but I don't feel like collecting another long ass series.


Agreed, but I just bought the first volume a week ago anyway. I love all the stuff Kusanagi-sensei writes in the margins; I find it really unique and personal and not many others do it (no one else as far as I know).

As for the story, I wouldn't be too surprised if the manga only has a few arcs left. With each new arc, we got introduced to a different part of Kouka and saw internal problems being resolved, but now the arcs involve neighbouring countries. After this current arc, the only things I can think of are:
- Trouble in Wind Tribe territory
- A bigger invasion from Kai empire
- Some big, climactic war which all five tribes need to unite to win

Given the fact that volume 22 just finished, I predict the total series will be 30-35 volumes, 40 tops assuming we have a really big finale a la Naruto.


As long as LALA or whatever magazine Kusanagi publishes in doesn't suddenly pull this series and we get a rushed ending...(looking at you WSJ and Tite Kubo)...I can't see this series going on more than 40 volumes.

I'm happy it's licensed though. Viz is perfect for this...though I follow this online though.
23042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
この世界
Offline
Posted 8/9/16 , edited 1/23/17
The anime needs another season!
515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/18/17

ssjones wrote:

Where do you think the author will go with the story? It's been soooo slow to get new chapters, only 1 or 2 a month. Also I want to know your oppinions on how the story has gone so far.
This is my favorite manga and anime series, I love the story and the main characters Yona and Hak. Yona was weak at first but is growing stronger (I love that because I hate weak female leads) and Hak is a strong, attractive male lead.


This is my favourite anime and the first manga I've ever read.
I think that the author's plans - plot wise - is that, Soo-Won is preparing the throne - making Kouka stronger for the next leader - since he never wanted to be king, but a warrior in his fathers footsteps. So Yona will take over the throne with the four dragons eventually - but are right now protecting the kingdom with her dragons, within the villages.

What I love about this story is; the character growth and the different personalities. I love how the legend and background story is so well thought-out. How each and every dragon is different, backgroundstory wise and personality wise. But they are all growing into one. They all grow with the same purpose and goal.
I also love, the love/hate complication towards Soo-Won. You can't either hate or love him. You are in that awkward middle position. Because he is good for Kouka kingdom, but he's a real jerk when it comes to Yona and Hak.

But right now I am waiting for chapter 147 in the manga. Does anyone know when this will be out?
You must be logged in to post.