First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What do long distance relationships lack that in person relationships have?
Posted 7/21/16
Anyone really want to say they prefer a boyfriend/girlfriend at a distance than together?
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
6358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
I don't like long distance, but I am currently in one right now. Hoping we will be able to meet in the future!
Only good thing about it is that you get to know them before doing stuff...? I guess?
10612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
He really set you off, I see.

I don't know of the benefit to either sort of relationship. Discussions I have seen about the matter previously say that long distance relationships require a lot of work, and most are doomed to failure because of the lack of real emotional connection.

Local relationships require you actually going out and finding a victim, seducing the victim, and then maintaining that seduction until it's more of a pain to end the relationship than to continue. This appears to be very easy for some, and almost impossible for others. Some people just can't get a good bead on what other people are feeling, I guess.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
Long-distance makes communication and trust even more vital than they seem to be taken in person, for most people. If someone is willing to be with YOU even if it means hugs etc are rare due to distance, then it really shows a lot to me. You get more time to still be with friends rather than having your partner literally be 90% of your social world - something that happens commonly at the start of many love-dovey relationships. Just make sure that you do video chat when you can! Eye to eye contact and seeing facial expressions helps

In person, lots of lovely physical stuff like cuddles. More dates. A lot of people prefer this because they feel that having their partner close to them in location = loyalty. But all lying cheating bitches gonna cheat bro so really, all trust either way.

Though I love all that fun physical stuff, I prefer long distance. The sexual tension is a lot more for me when it's long-distance as well as the feeling of connection and longing to see each other again soon.
Posted 7/21/16 , edited 7/21/16


HAHAHA
14536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
the ability to get physical. no hugs, no kissing, no hand-holding, no cuddling, etc.

depends on whether or not you are ok with doing without that stuff for a while.
474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
$
Posted 7/21/16

candiesandanimes99 wrote:

the ability to get physical. no hugs, no kissing, no hand-holding, no cuddling, etc.

depends on whether or not you are ok with doing without that stuff for a while.


That is off-topic. Which form (real or in chatrooms) is superior to the other overall. Time is irreleant to the question, not going to fast or slow, but the form of relationship itself, understand?.
Posted 7/21/16

I don't care about being in person. Yeah it sucks without the contact and all but I'm happy just by myself and if you can handle feeling like you're single in real life. (which by this I mean just not having any sort of physical contact with anyone), you'd really have to commit and understand that you're going to feel lonely at times. but, if you truly love someone you'd take that fully into consideration before signing up to a LDR.

So ultimately I prefer whether or not the person actually loves me. I mean, I wouldn't put such a handicap on myself and not go for something because I'm scared.
33367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 7/21/16

rinrakuu wrote:


candiesandanimes99 wrote:

the ability to get physical. no hugs, no kissing, no hand-holding, no cuddling, etc.

depends on whether or not you are ok with doing without that stuff for a while.


That is off-topic. Which form (real or in chatrooms) is superior to the other overall. Time is irreleant to the question, not going to fast or slow, but the form of relationship itself, understand?.


She/he is on topic, that was the question you asked, "what do long distance relationships lack that in person relationships have?" and

"Anyone really want to say they prefer a boyfriend/girlfriend at a distance than together? "

she/he answered both those questions.

and I have to agree with them.

because in general, all relationships are gonna need to be physical eventually. I prefer short distance over long distance, because of an increase in communication, such as body language, and tone of voice.

6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 7/21/16 , edited 7/21/16
[



+1

Eventually the "form of the relationship" (as you like to say) will strongly depend on not only meeting the mental and emotional needs of your partner, but also the physical needs. Because of this, and a mixture of other factors, long distance relationships will always be a step behind short distance.

Posted 7/21/16 , edited 7/21/16

pandrasb wrote:


rinrakuu wrote:


candiesandanimes99 wrote:

the ability to get physical. no hugs, no kissing, no hand-holding, no cuddling, etc.

depends on whether or not you are ok with doing without that stuff for a while.


That is off-topic. Which form (real or in chatrooms) is superior to the other overall. Time is irreleant to the question, not going to fast or slow, but the form of relationship itself, understand?.


She/he is on topic, that was the question you asked, "what do long distance relationships lack that in person relationships have?" and

"Anyone really want to say they prefer a boyfriend/girlfriend at a distance than together? "

she/he answered both those questions.

and I have to agree with them.

because in general, all relationships are gonna need to be physical eventually. I prefer short distance over long distance, because of an increase in communication, such as body language, and tone of voice.



No I was correct and you are wrong, I meant strictly LDR vs a normal relationship, not moving too fast, sorry, no cookie. I really do hope you'll accept that (although I doubt it*shrug*)
6951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 7/21/16 , edited 7/21/16

asamihitohara wrote:

Long-distance makes communication and trust even more vital than they seem to be taken in person, for most people. If someone is willing to be with YOU even if it means hugs etc are rare due to distance, then it really shows a lot to me. You get more time to still be with friends rather than having your partner literally be 90% of your social world - something that happens commonly at the start of many love-dovey relationships. Just make sure that you do video chat when you can! Eye to eye contact and seeing facial expressions helps

In person, lots of lovely physical stuff like cuddles. More dates. A lot of people prefer this because they feel that having their partner close to them in location = loyalty. But all lying cheating bitches gonna cheat bro so really, all trust either way.

Though I love all that fun physical stuff, I prefer long distance. The sexual tension is a lot more for me when it's long-distance as well as the feeling of connection and longing to see each other again soon.


This I agree with. It is all about communication and trust. Without these the relationship is most likely going to fail.
7085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
10/10 Long distance relationships are problematic. 9.5/10 Long distance relationships end in failure.

It's like living in New York but having a slice of cheesecake in San Francisco. You love that slice, but you can't eat it. You're inevitably going to find another slice of cake to fill that void. Whether you wanna be a sleaze and eat cheesecake or be loyal and eat chocolate cake, you're still gonna end eating a different slice of cake. Or you can go on a diet and not eat any cake till you go back to San Francisco. I personally like to enjoy my life though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.