First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply On Immortality and Death.
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Regardless of the reasons for immortality, I can't comprehend that it would ever be something to be desired. Having no end would lead to apathy in the end for me. I'd sit down somewhere and never move again, lol.
munruo 
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
If you're using facts and opinions, you're dismissing reality. The culminating realization of all science is perception is reality. Not everyone perceives facts and opinions like those that tend to believe that such claims are actual valid. Furthermore, anything you say you make real for yourself like a computer that just added a new line of coding. The big difference being between manifesting of your thoughts/ideas immediately instead of the ways humans tend to manifest (illness over course of development) is that facts and opinions aren't important to us and all that matters is the truthiest truth and the only way to attain that is to develop a language that doesn't have any gaps or bias, and work it til there are no more issues. This supercedes weak notions like facts and opinions altogether that pretend others actual matter in any of this when it comes to you making your own choices. All of science just shows we aren't as bound to each other as human idealism tends to enforce in its spread of perceptual entanglement. Experimentation as the double slit experiment put forth that our individual control over reality is much greater than anyone will admit, nullifying facts and opinions all around. Once you got your language fixed, you are immortal and you can manifest at will.
munruo 
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16

LilaMunch wrote:

Regardless of the reasons for immortality, I can't comprehend that it would ever be something to be desired. Having no end would lead to apathy in the end for me. I'd sit down somewhere and never move again, lol.


Immortality means different language. Much more exciting than humanity's habits to only stimulate itself with stuff to buy, kill, rape, lie to, and delusions. Everything is different as it is your choice for everything is also the culmination of what you choose (instant fulfillment) instead of any hesitation or chance for another to get in your way. Entirely different way of being when we no longer get in each other's way.
This way of being also thrives at proving evolutionary that love is real in a sense that everything you do is done lovingly and you love it all forever. The way I understand evolution as it factors into consciousness and immortality is that its much like a competition for who can love us all the most and most spiritual books that remain fail to display this because well they were rewritten from their original releases that were meant to be inspirational towards immortality.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

Humms wrote:

...... Do you know how one sided this shit is?

This is such a terrible idea unless you are using it for a story, point and case.


: (
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
You being immortal while everything else isn't.

Lost in space and time

9463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
What facts were you pointing out? What I was referring to when I said tautological replies is when I said I don't understand how one fears death, and your reply amounts to I'm afraid to die because I fear death. That is a tautological statement.
5831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
personally believe people that search for immortality have thanatophobia
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16


Same for Inuyasha. Except Kagome doesn't age in the feudal era.

I want immortality but only if I can have eternal youth. Because both of those would take care of the only 2 things I fear dieing and old age.
36204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

TheOscillat0r wrote:

We would run out of resources pretty quickly, although I suppose that we wouldn't need sustenance.

I've wondered about the end of Yu Yu Hakusho. It's nice and all, but Yusuke should outlive Keiko by centuries, if not millenia. It's kind of awkward in that sense.


That will just leave an opening for Yusuke to pursue Botan in future.
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
before seeking immortality, what is existence anyway?

Is it Memory? pasts forge the present, but the past is not now. my fetus self is long buried, my child self is barely remembered through my body, but without memory, how can you live in the present? what happens when death, or even amnesia (which can also be considered death) takes away your memories?...

is one's self so easy to fade in the works of life, all the while turning the gear of consequences that could be deemed as destiny/fate? does one travel to an infinite loop of time/space in that instant of demise while the cognitive cogs of others continue ... does the universe follow?

seemingly going through time's apparent infinite reach, are these events bound to happen again repeatedly, or would events slightly alter? the universe could end after an ungodly amount of time...only to repeat another ungodly amount of times that would drive most living spawn into insanity. would the hope of revival come from the universe's new laws to retain one's existence?...but even then, who is to say that is still you and not a product of the seemingly infinite amount of you? would the universe even be as flexible as such? the origin of this universe is still up for debate, and who knows if the supposed heat death of the universe will spawn something anew? (i sure as hell don't know).

The unknown of this world and this identity is both my Hope and my Despair. i wish to sort my feelings on the nature of existence all the while clinging onto it, for i sure as hell do not want to look into the abyss and possible oblivion death has in store...

(but yeah, for a group of immortals the potential is pretty high if you can overcome planetary boundaries)
Humms 
10583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

ayesharocks wrote:


Humms wrote:

...... Do you know how one sided this shit is?

This is such a terrible idea unless you are using it for a story, point and case.


: (


: )
Posted 7/27/16
Who can afford it, the elite or super rich? Then there is the problem of overpopulation. ...
5282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/28/16
How many of you believe you have an immortal soul? Then you think you are already immortal, so stop spiting out canned complaints. Also over populations has more to do with birth rates than death rates.
Posted 7/28/16

Jean104 wrote:

How many of you believe you have an immortal soul? Then you think you are already immortal, so stop spiting out canned complaints. Also over populations has more to do with birth rates than death rates.


Nobody's complaining, at least I'm not..
but It would become an issue once too many people became immortal, just saying..
Sogno- 
45742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/16
nah
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.